CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-19 13:29:14 - ESPN Bottom 10

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

ESPN Bottom 10

New and improved recipe contains at least 40% CUSA teams!  And Tennessee, who shouldn't be on the list at all.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st … volunteers

Last edited by Eaglebird Humperdink (2017-09-19 13:29:56)

#2 2017-09-19 13:49:08 - ESPN Bottom 10

99beers (303)

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

4. FI (not A) U (1-1)

Hurricane Irma forced the Fightin' Butch Davises to cancel their trip to Indiana. BUT, y'all grab your socks and pull! They've announced that they will replace that game with (drumroll, please ... preferably spoons on a frying pan) a Dec. 2 visit from UMass! I'm not one for way-too-early predictions; that's Mark Schlabach's specialty. But predicting that contest will end up becoming the Bottom 10 Championship Game feels too good to be wrong, right?

6. Charlotte 0-and-3ers (0-3)

When Charlotte started its football program five years ago, it made the bold decision to fast-track through the FCS and essentially go straight to the FBS. On Saturday, it lost to FCS school North Carolina A&T via a late-game pick-six in front a record home crowd -- most of which were there to see the visiting Aggies. This weekend, Charlotte hosts another program that chose to hustle through the FCS and move ahead to the big leagues ...

8. FA (not I) U (1-2)

That whirring you hear is the printer in Lane Kiffin's office, cranking out copies of this week's rankings, seeing as how his former employer is listed three spots above his current employer. Or, wait ... are those résumés?

9. UTEP (0-3)

On Sunday, the Minors fired their offensive coordinator, presumably because they are ranked 126th in the nation in points scored per game. Memo to their defensive coordinator: You are ranked 127th in the nation in points allowed per game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#3 2017-09-19 14:52:02 - ESPN Bottom 10

AndreWhere (1252)

Tennessee isn't one of the ten worst FBS teams. Hell, I doubt they're one of the ten worst P5 teams.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2017-09-19 18:17:17 - ESPN Bottom 10

AndreWhere wrote:

Tennessee isn't one of the ten worst FBS teams. Hell, I doubt they're one of the ten worst P5 teams.

From Wikipedia "ESPN Bottom 10"

...One of the running gags of the Bottom 10 is the "highly coveted Number 5 spot". This spot is typically reserved for "the top BCS blunder of the week" – a normally strong football team that found itself on the wrong end of an upset the prior week; an example would be the Bottom 10 of September 7, 2011, which featured Oregon State at the #5 ranking after its upset loss to Sacramento State, a Division I FCS program that had previously never beaten an FBS team in its history....

#5 2017-09-19 18:33:46 - ESPN Bottom 10

AndreWhere (1252)

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

...One of the running gags of the Bottom 10 is the "highly coveted Number 5 spot". This spot is typically reserved for "the top BCS blunder of the week" – a normally strong football team that found itself on the wrong end of an upset the prior week; an example would be the Bottom 10 of September 7, 2011, which featured Oregon State at the #5 ranking after its upset loss to Sacramento State, a Division I FCS program that had previously never beaten an FBS team in its history....

OK, but I still don't see how losing to a team in your own division by one score qualifies.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#6 2017-09-19 18:44:21 - ESPN Bottom 10

AndreWhere wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

OK, but I still don't see how losing to a team in your own division by one score qualifies.

It's a weekly "gag" piece just for entertainment, done by one guy. I don't think he makes any pretense about any kind of official qualifications. It's just a fun read for fans. USM was on it for weeks & weeks a few years back.

#7 2017-09-19 18:47:13 - ESPN Bottom 10

admin (289)
Administrator

AndreWhere wrote:

It's a weekly "gag" piece just for entertainment, done by one guy. I don't think he makes any pretense about any kind of official qualifications. It's just a fun read for fans. USM was on it for weeks & weeks a few years back.

It's done by one guy and it inspires people to comment... here's my comment: "you're an idiot if you think TN is anywhere near the 10 worst of anything."

Board footer