CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-24 14:47:01 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

AndreWhere (1252)

Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

I know, I know... the NFL sucks. That said, a hell of a thing just happened in Detroit. The Lions appear to score with 8 seconds left on the clock, taking their first lead of the game. The clock stops because of the score. Detroit starts lining up for the point after, but the referee interrupts to say the play is under review. Turns out the receiver was short of the goal line, and, "by rule" a 10 second runoff has to be made. Game over, Falcons win. LMAO.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2017-09-24 14:49:12)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2017-09-24 15:25:59 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

tg300 (439)

Re: Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

AndreWhere wrote:

I know, I know... the NFL sucks. That said, a hell of a thing just happened in Detroit. The Lions appear to score with 8 seconds left on the clock, taking their first lead of the game. The clock stops because of the score. Detroit starts lining up for the point after, but the referee interrupts to say the play is under review. Turns out the receiver was short of the goal line, and, "by rule" a 10 second runoff has to be made. Game over, Falcons win. LMAO.

FWIW, I didn’t think he had possession of the ball until after the defender lost contact. Should have been a score.

#3 2017-09-24 15:37:31 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

AndreWhere (1252)

tg300 wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

FWIW, I didn’t think he had possession of the ball until after the defender lost contact. Should have been a score.

Wondered about that myself. The NFL rules about what constitutes a catch, or possession, are pretty baroque. They should be simplified. Why is it that no one ever argues what a catch is in baseball, but in football it's a perpetual controversy? Some of it is because football is a contact sport but baseball is not, but some of it is just the NFL getting shit wrong.

#4 2017-09-24 15:39:02 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

CajunEagle (44)

Yeah I know......Let's see what the replay officials say in New York.....Helena....Santa Fe and Galveston as to if his knee was down prior to the ball crossing the line.  There is no friggin way to have indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field on that tight a play.  You knew they were gonna get screwed over.

#5 2017-09-24 15:45:49 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

SoMs Eagle (189)

I hope whoever got screwed was one of the ass sitters-knee takers.

#6 2017-09-24 16:08:53 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

AndreWhere (1252)

SoMs Eagle wrote:

It's complicated. The player was Golden Tate. A couple of weeks ago, he wore custom cleats emblazoned with "land of the free because of the brave" and described it as a tribute to "first responders." I wasn't aware that the cops protected anyone's freedom (seems kind of backwards to me), but it's still a relatively nice sentiment.

Then, a few days ago, he expressed his disgust with Trump's comments and implied that he was going to protest somehow. To my knowledge, though, he did not kneel or sit during the anthem.

I don't have a problem with players locking arms during the anthem. I think that's a good compromise. Even kneeling strikes me as respect-with-an-asterisk, and I can accept that. The cops do suck in this country.

As for the owners who gave money to Trump (Kraft, the Jaguars owner, maybe others) and now act shocked (shocked, I tell you!) at his remarks, I think they're just greedy pigs. I mean, just look at Arthur Blenk. Would you buy a used car from that guy?

#7 2017-09-24 16:24:19 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

stinkfist (764)

nope....was that helpful?

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#8 2017-09-24 16:36:56 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

southern miss slacker (304)

AndreWhere wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:

It's complicated. The player was Golden Tate. A couple of weeks ago, he wore custom cleats emblazoned with "land of the free because of the brave" and described it as a tribute to "first responders." I wasn't aware that the cops protected anyone's freedom (seems kind of backwards to me), but it's still a relatively nice sentiment.

Then, a few days ago, he expressed his disgust with Trump's comments and implied that he was going to protest somehow. To my knowledge, though, he did not kneel or sit during the anthem.

I don't have a problem with players locking arms during the anthem. I think that's a good compromise. Even kneeling strikes me as respect-with-an-asterisk, and I can accept that. The cops do suck in this country.

As for the owners who gave money to Trump (Kraft, the Jaguars owner, maybe others) and now act shocked (shocked, I tell you!) at his remarks, I think they're just greedy pigs. I mean, just look at Arthur Blenk. Would you buy a used car from that guy?

you have written on this board many times about your hate/disdain for the police. care to elaborate if you have personally been a victim of police brutality or harassment or anything of the like? I am right there with you as I can relay a few times I have personally witnessed NOLA police doing some horrible shit to people.

#9 2017-09-24 17:31:14 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

SoMs Eagle (189)

I think you need to sit back and think about it for a moment.
Do you really think all cops are looking to harass and kill the people they are sworn to protect?
Are there bad ones? Sure. So you don't threaten, run or want to fight any of them unless you except that you may get shot. It's really as simple as that.

#10 2017-09-24 17:42:54 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

SoMs Eagle wrote:

I think you need to sit back and think about it for a moment.
Do you really think all cops are looking to harass and kill the people they are sworn to protect?
Are there bad ones? Sure. So you don't threaten, run or want to fight any of them unless you except that you may get shot. It's really as simple as that.

you missed the point. we're talking about the citizens who Do comply but still get killed....those are the ones that has caused this protest in the NFL. many police are just high school educated and they are under a lot of stress, poor training, ignorant and many are on a power trip because they have a gun and a badge and "I'm the Law" attitude... I've witnessed it personally a few times where they just freak out and go berserk on a civilian for no reason other than they felt that they were not being given the "proper respect." hell, the other day a white nurse got drug out of a hospital and thrown in a cop car by some redneck cop because he didn't like "the way she was speaking to him" even though she was simply following the Law..which billy bubba police man did not know.

#11 2017-09-24 18:00:35 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

TheChosenOne (295)

Traditionally those hating cops are the egotistical asshole types who have a smart mouth. Whenever called out for the smartass mouth their rights become violated.   Just my two cents.

Btw maybe ALL cops should come down with the blue flu for couple weeks or month. Things should get interesting.

#12 2017-09-24 18:05:49 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

TheChosenOne wrote:

Traditionally those hating cops are the egotistical asshole types who have a smart mouth. Whenever called out for the smartass mouth their rights become violated.   Just my two cents.

Btw maybe ALL cops should come down with the blue flu for couple weeks or month. Things should get interesting.

I'm good with it. they never show up until after the shit happens anyway.

#13 2017-09-24 18:16:39 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

TheChosenOne (295)

So now police should something is going down BEFORE it occurs??  Yea, that makes sense.  Maybe it will happen, sounds like some need a dose

#14 2017-09-24 18:57:20 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

AndreWhere (1252)

southern miss slacker wrote:

you have written on this board many times about your hate/disdain for the police. care to elaborate if you have personally been a victim of police brutality or harassment or anything of the like? I am right there with you as I can relay a few times I have personally witnessed NOLA police doing some horrible shit to people.

Hate's a pretty strong word. I just think the system is broken. The traffic stop should not be the cornerstone of law enforcement. The cops should not be chasing us or pointing guns at us. Ordinary conduct like smoking dope shouldn't be criminalized. The focus of the police should be responding to 911 calls and investigating property crimes.

I can tell you a few NOPD horror stories. Had a gun pointed at me for getting lost in the Ninth Ward while white. Had a cop at Charity Hospital respond to my question about visiting hours with a threat to arrest me for child endangerment. Like, where in the fuck did that come from? Heard an NOPD sergeant at the Dome call his colleague a "fuckin' jackass" in front of a bunch of families trying to enjoy a football game.

It's a thoroughly rotten organization that should have been disbanded after Katrina. They mostly ran off, and then the ones that stayed shot at the rest of us.

The Chosen One said that "those hating cops are the egotistical asshole types who have a smart mouth." I'm sure that's his experience, and if we were talking about Jefferson Parish I might agree. But disdain for the NOPD is 100% rational, and that's the PD I grew up with.

#15 2017-09-24 19:36:09 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

SoMs Eagle (189)

AndreWhere wrote:

Hate's a pretty strong word. I just think the system is broken. The traffic stop should not be the cornerstone of law enforcement. The cops should not be chasing us or pointing guns at us. Ordinary conduct like smoking dope shouldn't be criminalized. The focus of the police should be responding to 911 calls and investigating property crimes.

I can tell you a few NOPD horror stories. Had a gun pointed at me for getting lost in the Ninth Ward while white. Had a cop at Charity Hospital respond to my question about visiting hours with a threat to arrest me for child endangerment. Like, where in the fuck did that come from? Heard an NOPD sergeant at the Dome call his colleague a "fuckin' jackass" in front of a bunch of families trying to enjoy a football game.

It's a thoroughly rotten organization that should have been disbanded after Katrina. They mostly ran off, and then the ones that stayed shot at the rest of us.

The Chosen One said that "those hating cops are the egotistical asshole types who have a smart mouth." I'm sure that's his experience, and if we were talking about Jefferson Parish I might agree. But disdain for the NOPD is 100% rational, and that's the PD I grew up with.

Sounds as though you have had a bad experience or two. Sounds legit. How would you fix that problem?
I would imagine NO being a crime ridden killing field the human beings that find themselves police officers are a little shaky and quick to jump to conclusions. Even more the reason to show respect and compliance no matter how big an AH they may be.

#16 2017-09-24 19:36:58 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

TheChosenOne (295)

AndreWhere wrote:

New Orleans as an entity is this most corrupt institution in the southeast, if not nation. Saying this, cops in NO deal with drunk tourist daily.  Again, most being egotistical little shits. So yea, they most likely have an attitude. Several items you've listed are 'laws' meaning, it's the police job to enforce. Hate the politician who made the law not the police. Sometimes understanding is placing yourself in someone else shoes and honestly ask yourself how you'd handle it. Simply replying to my comments is an indication how you'd interact with the community served.

There are some bad cops out there, isn't any argument here. Name a profession bad apples do not exist? I know of known. Should you be labeled the same as GTS?  You both own a sports message board

#17 2017-09-24 20:15:54 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

NOPD is scum..I witness them calling a couple in their 60's "stupid" cause they walked out of Pat O's the wrong way during mardi gras. took their souvenir glasses they had boxed from them and smashed them on the ground laughing. when I spoke up and told them to leave the old couple alone 1 cop walked over to me and started choking me. I couldn't breath and hit him in the head and ran as fast as I could. saw them drag a kid out of the arena cause he was smoking a cigarette inside and beat the ever loving shit out of him, cuffed him and took him away. just a few weeks after katrina I got in New Orleans when it was still deserted and witnessed 2 black cops stealing from a jewelry shop in Metairie, in the middle of the day. didn't even look up at me as I drove by. after jazz fest a relative of my girlfriend was simply shaking a road sign as we waited on a corner for a cab and the cop gets in his face threatening to arrest him if he didn't stop shaking the sign. wtf??

this is what I say to NOPD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTWo8wqdsRk

#18 2017-09-24 21:00:09 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

99beers (303)

You are one disturbed individual nuggie........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#19 2017-09-24 21:53:36 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

SoMs Eagle (189)

99beers wrote:

You are one disturbed individual nuggie........

Have to be pathological to keep it all straight.

#20 2017-09-25 06:17:31 - Did anyone else see the end of the Falcons - Lions game?

AndreWhere (1252)

after katrina I got in New Orleans when it was still deserted and witnessed 2 black cops stealing from a jewelry shop in Metairie, in the middle of the day. didn't even look up at me as I drove by.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTWo8wqdsRk

I'm curious- were they NOPD or JPSO? Normally cops in Metairie would be JPSO, but that wasn't necessarily true after Katrina. Of all the stupid shit the NOPD did after Katrina, invading Jefferson Parish was near the top of the list. NOPD should never be in Jefferson Parish; they are not welcome in Jefferson Parish, and Harry Lee (God bless him) made that clear once their little invasion came to light.

Board footer