CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-04 12:45:37 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

tg300 (439)

My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

since I haven't read all the minutiae from the past couple of days.

Game:

1 - If Griggs was healthy enough to play, how in the hell did he not start?  There is a clear separation of ability between he and Howard.  This is a coaching error.

2 - I saw 2 mediocre teams play Saturday.  One team a little more talented than the other.  Unfortunately, the more talented team's coaches made some really boneheaded calls and gave the game away.

3 - The 'holding' on the bounce pass late in the game was questionable, but we were only in that situation because of bad decisions earlier in the game.

4 - The final 10 minutes of the game may have been the worst stretch of coaching in USM history, including ELoss12.

5 - The atmosphere tailgating, pregame, in game, etc. was akin to a funeral.  Our marketing sucks, but this is not news.

6 - The dumb ass UPS scoreboard is the same as last year.  2 screens of 4 games each.  Mostly games we don't give a shit about.  No indication of time left, final, hasn't started, is going to be played today.  Unless UPS is writing a huge check for it to be this stupid, change it to something useful or get rid of it.  Certainly don't draw attention to it with the PA announcer.

7 - I know the center is new, but the snaps have to be better/faster/more consistent.

8 - If the Cuban Cannon is close to overtaking the other 2, PUT HIM IN NOW and lets take a few lumps.  It is beyond stupid to redshirt a talented QB these days, especially when you can't decide between 2 bad options already.

Attendance:

No need to make a list here.  Attendance is based on people's expectations and hope for something exciting and better than before.  There is none of that.  This staff proved last year what they can/can't do.  The numbers bear it out.  People wanted JB 2.0.  We got it.  The death spiral will continue.

I'm sure you all agree 100%.

Perhaps I will read all the game day rants and day after rants later.

#2 2017-09-04 12:52:04 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

southern miss slacker (304)

Re: My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

the cannon probably won't see time unless Griggs goes down.our O-Line is horrendous and we need a QB that can scramble with some size.that kid ain't got that. you saw that Ito could not even break the line f scrimmage on his runs.had to get him moving in the flat and downfield as a receiver. we got big problems on the left side of the line.

#3 2017-09-04 13:02:49 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

tg300 (439)

southern miss slacker wrote:

the cannon probably won't see time unless Griggs goes down.our O-Line is horrendous and we need a QB that can scramble with some size.that kid ain't got that. you saw that Ito could not even break the line f scrimmage on his runs.had to get him moving in the flat and downfield as a receiver. we got big problems on the left side of the line.

All that is true, but until the snap is faster and consistent, you can't really tell how bad they are. Timing is fucked on every play.

#4 2017-09-04 13:06:42 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

whats the deal having a redshirt soph playing blind side tackle?

#5 2017-09-04 13:06:57 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

Black Diamond Reb (418)

tg300 wrote:

If the Cuban Cannon is close to overtaking the other 2, PUT HIM IN NOW. He helped his team to the district title as a senior and played in the Miami-Dade All-Star Football Game.

Practically Vinny Testaverde

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#6 2017-09-04 13:30:54 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

SoMs Eagle (189)

He's a freshman and maybe because he's the best we got. And he ain't bad. Played pretty well against one of the SECs best pass rushers.

#7 2017-09-04 14:17:31 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

tg300 (439)

SoMs Eagle wrote:

He's a freshman and maybe because he's the best we got. And he ain't bad. Played pretty well against one of the SECs best pass rushers.

I saw a lot of people running interference instead of blocking. However, hard to get a holding when you don't touch the opponent.

#8 2017-09-04 14:22:47 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

Reggie Favre (83)

tg300 wrote:

8 - If the Cuban Cannon is close to overtaking the other 2, PUT HIM IN NOW and lets take a few lumps.  It is beyond stupid to redshirt a talented QB these days, especially when you can't decide between 2 bad options already.

Congrats, you've just posted the dumbest thing ever posted on this forum.  Griggs is no where close to a "bad option".  Hes not even close to bad.  He looked great.  The kid threw for 222 yards and 2 TDs in a half and looked great doing it.  Did you even watch the game?  And how in the fuck do you know how good the Cuban Cannon is? You don't know shit.  Right, lets pull Griggs who almost brought us back (in only 2 quarters) from an 11 point deficit against a team everyone on this board thought would kill us, for some true freshman you know jack shit about.  Brilliant. Go back to sleep.

#9 2017-09-04 14:25:32 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

you leave tg alone. he's a friend of mine.

#10 2017-09-04 14:29:26 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

tg300 (439)

Reggie Favre wrote:
tg300 wrote:

Congrats, you've just posted the dumbest thing ever posted on this forum.  Griggs is no where close to a "bad option".  Hes not even close to bad.  He looked great.  The kid threw for 222 yards and 2 TDs in a half and looked great doing it.  Did you even watch the game?  And how in the fuck do you know how good the Cuban Cannon is? You don't know shit.  Right, lets pull Griggs who almost brought us back (in only 2 quarters) from an 11 point deficit against a team everyone on this board thought would kill us, for some true freshman you know jack shit about.  Brilliant. Go back to sleep.

Wow. I was at the game with a few others in the stands. Griggs is a great playground QB. I will give him that. Did a great job with bad snaps, no blocking, and poor coaching. I have no idea about Rodriguez. Just speculation. I'm going by what the coaches themselves said about him before the season.  If he is all that, let him play.

#11 2017-09-04 14:30:35 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

SoMs Eagle (189)

Reggie Favre wrote:
tg300 wrote:

I agree but you could have been nice about it.....
Griggs hurt the team last year not taking care of business. We should not have been in the situation we were in last year. Probably some bad mojo still. But, he got eligible and has enough talent to take this team to a conference championship so coach should have let him go sooner. Maybe we are set to go now.

#12 2017-09-04 14:37:31 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

Reggie Favre (83)

SoMs Eagle wrote:
Reggie Favre wrote:
tg300 wrote:

I agree but you could have been nice about it.....
Griggs hurt the team last year not taking care of business. We should not have been in the situation we were in last year. Probably some bad mojo still. But, he got eligible and has enough talent to take this team to a conference championship so coach should have let him go sooner. Maybe we are set to go now.

lol.  i was just trying to get at him how he usually gets after me.  apparently, it doesn't bother him as much as me. haha.

#13 2017-09-04 15:49:54 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

TheChosenOne (295)

Majority of our fan base predicted a beat down.  Final was one TD difference now a melt down occurs. New line, new QB, new LB's, and new corners.  We could, actually should have, won this game. Not happy with the loss but this team played better than expected.  Let's also remember Kentucky returned many players from last year 7-5 team.

Folks can bitch, as usual, but this team played well never giving up. Boys continue to mature and this season could be solid. Much different than the 'only win 4' some suggest

#14 2017-09-04 16:07:53 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

admin (289)
Administrator

TheChosenOne wrote:

Majority of our fan base predicted a beat down.  Final was one TD difference now a melt down occurs. New line, new QB, new LB's, and new corners.  We could, actually should have, won this game. Not happy with the loss but this team played better than expected.  Let's also remember Kentucky returned many players from last year 7-5 team.

Folks can bitch, as usual, but this team played well never giving up. Boys continue to mature and this season could be solid. Much different than the 'only win 4' some suggest

Oh, I fully anticipated losing by 14+. I was impressed with the team. We've got to cool it with the fumbles, though. Was not impressed with Kwadra's ability to hold onto the football.

The really disappointing this was the attendance. What happened between the New Orleans Bowl, which we attended in large numbers and seemed to enjoy, and Saturday? I'm pretty puzzled by it.

#15 2017-09-04 16:42:33 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

Black Diamond Reb (418)

tg300 wrote:

I'm going by what the coaches themselves said about Cilantro before the season.

The same ones who started Datoo and set up in the shotgun on 2nd down at the one foot line? Maybe Jumbo was right, that they should go back to Lorman.

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

#16 2017-09-04 17:16:46 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

tg300 (439)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
tg300 wrote:

The same ones who started Datoo and set up in the shotgun on 2nd down at the one foot line? Maybe Jumbo was right, that they should go back to Lorman.

Yes. I was trying to let that pass for now but you should never, and I mean ever, set up in the shotgun on the 1 yard line. Either one. Going in or going out.

#17 2017-09-04 17:49:27 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

AndreWhere (1252)

tg300 wrote:
Black Diamond Reb wrote:
tg300 wrote:

Yes. I was trying to let that pass for now but you should never, and I mean ever, set up in the shotgun on the 1 yard line. Either one. Going in or going out.

I've never understood why the QB sneak isn't more utilized. Injuries? Fumbles?

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#18 2017-09-04 17:54:20 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

Black Diamond Reb (418)

tg300 wrote:

Did it on the north end coming out a series or two later.

The banana peel uniforms were a nice ode to the SWAC too.

#19 2017-09-04 17:56:31 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

stinkfist (764)

stinkfist wrote:
TheChosenOne wrote:

guilty on all counts....

however, I did take USM at the half to salvage part of my initial play on ky jello....and that was simply due to KG coming in on the last play of the 1st half......I knew he would start the 2nd after that move....

KH is a wet firecracker.....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#20 2017-09-04 17:58:00 - My take on the KY game and attendance, or lack thereof...

SoMs Eagle (189)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
tg300 wrote:

Everyone lives and learns. I'm sure Hop is not the first to do it but I agree in principle.

You however have not learned any new shtick.....

Board footer