CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-08 14:50:30 - Message boards lack of interest is......

TheHeadEagle (27)

Message boards lack of interest is......

something else that's concerning me.  I still bounce back and forth between 3 message boards.  Big Gold Nation (and I know it's dropped off) is dead.  I posted there this morning and there hasn't been a single post on the free board since....WE HAVE A GAME tomorrow and NOTHING.   The board we all just left seems dead.  And yeah, there's some folks on this board but not many at all.   I know there's a Scout board but I think it's 100% pay.   

It sort of sucks, I wish everyone was more concentrated on 1 or 2 boards.   But the lack of interest on all of them is unreal.   Back in the day there'd be a LOT of folks on Eagle Talk.   It's as if Southern Miss fans have vanished.

#2 2017-09-08 14:58:37 - Message boards lack of interest is......

southern miss slacker (304)

Re: Message boards lack of interest is......

TheHeadEagle wrote:

something else that's concerning me.  I still bounce back and forth between 3 message boards.  Big Gold Nation (and I know it's dropped off) is dead.  I posted there this morning and there hasn't been a single post on the free board since....WE HAVE A GAME tomorrow and NOTHING.   The board we all just left seems dead.  And yeah, there's some folks on this board but not many at all.   I know there's a Scout board but I think it's 100% pay.   

It sort of sucks, I wish everyone was more concentrated on 1 or 2 boards.   But the lack of interest on all of them is unreal.   Back in the day there'd be a LOT of folks on Eagle Talk.   It's as if Southern Miss fans have vanished.

the facebook eaglepost board has almost 1000 members now. it is usually the most active. the perch is just young dumbshits, and many already left this board because of the 2 jackasses that attack and threaten people on here, so they have already gone back to those 2 other boards.

#3 2017-09-08 15:17:27 - Message boards lack of interest is......

TheHeadEagle (27)

southern miss slacker wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

the facebook eaglepost board has almost 1000 members now. it is usually the most active. the perch is just young dumbshits, and many already left this board because of the 2 jackasses that attack and threaten people on here, so they have already gone back to those 2 other boards.

It's just not like it used to be.  The height of this stuff was definitely the old Eagle Talk board.  Then Eagle Post was pretty good too but that dumbass changed it up.  Hell, is there still a link to that board at all?

#4 2017-09-08 15:47:57 - Message boards lack of interest is......

admin (289)
Administrator

TheHeadEagle wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

It's just not like it used to be.  The height of this stuff was definitely the old Eagle Talk board.  Then Eagle Post was pretty good too but that dumbass changed it up.  Hell, is there still a link to that board at all?

No, there's nothing at all at EaglePost.net. It was a good board until it changed technologies.

Facebook is a good choice if you don't mind having your real name and face on everything you post. Also, it's pretty heavily moderated.

The Perch is over. Anyone with anything resembling football knowledge or inside information got banned. Real smart way to run a board LMAO.

I think this board is going pretty well given its age. There are people who would like me to ban people, censor people, etc., and I mostly don't. If you want that crap, believe me, there are plenty of places to get it.

Here, you have direct access to the person funding and maintaining the site, and you're supporting a USM computer science graduate when you post here. Most of you have seen how I respond to user requests and feedback. I put together this board at my own expense, as a gift to fans of Southern Miss. I hope you will all keep using it. I think it is head and shoulders above anything else out there right now.

#5 2017-09-08 16:43:10 - Message boards lack of interest is......

tg300 (439)

admin wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

No, there's nothing at all at EaglePost.net. It was a good board until it changed technologies.

Facebook is a good choice if you don't mind having your real name and face on everything you post. Also, it's pretty heavily moderated.

The Perch is over. Anyone with anything resembling football knowledge or inside information got banned. Real smart way to run a board LMAO.

I think this board is going pretty well given its age. There are people who would like me to ban people, censor people, etc., and I mostly don't. If you want that crap, believe me, there are plenty of places to get it.

Here, you have direct access to the person funding and maintaining the site, and you're supporting a USM computer science gradute when you post here. Most of you have seen how I respond to user requests and feedback. I put together this board at my own expense, as a gift to fans of Southern Miss. I hope you will all keep using it. I think it is head and shoulders above anything else out there right now.

Yep.  And thanks.

Also please correct 'gradute' to graduate.

#6 2017-09-08 16:48:33 - Message boards lack of interest is......

admin (289)
Administrator

tg300 wrote:
admin wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

Here, you have direct access to the person funding and maintaining the site, and you're supporting a USM computer science gradute when you post here. Most of you have seen how I respond to user requests and feedback. I put together this board at my own expense, as a gift to fans of Southern Miss. I hope you will all keep using it. I think it is head and shoulders above anything else out there right now.

Yep.  And thanks.

Also please correct 'gradute' to graduate.

It's fixed, thanks.

Board footer