CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-24 11:08:25 - If you think attendance is a USM/CUSA problem

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

If you think attendance is a USM/CUSA problem

Turn on the UCONN game. AAC opener against ECU. Stadium seats 40K. Between Storrs, CT and Hartford,CT(25 minutes from campus) you have a population over 150K. They probably have 15K in those stands today. They are stating it is worse than last years UCONN Tulane game which had an announced attendance of 20K. Blame it on NFL, blame it on Sunday, etc... regardless it’s pathetic.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2017-09-24 11:20:38 - If you think attendance is a USM/CUSA problem

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: If you think attendance is a USM/CUSA problem

Most people want to watch most games on TV. I don't blame them. Games can be a pain in the ass. At USM, you can't even park in the dust bowl anymore, so you have to parallel park on US-49. Then you get into the stadium, and you've got to be a teatotaller for three hours. We do very little to entice people into the stadium.

I don't mind the declining attendance. I do think that downsizing stadiums as a response is stupid. Big games will still draw people, and you need to have the capacity to accommodate them.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer