CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-22 16:51:47 - The Miracle In Ruston.

southern miss slacker (304)

The Miracle In Ruston.

"It ranks right in there with the most unlikely finishes in Southern Miss history – hell, in history of the sport – or any sport." - Rick Cleveland.  I think Rick is getting old and a bit senile now with that analogy. a great win against long odds for sure, and it's something USM rarely does. we are usually on the receiving end of that kind of shit.

https://mississippitoday.org/2017/10/22 … 4-tech-27/

#2 2017-10-22 16:54:53 - The Miracle In Ruston.

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: The Miracle In Ruston.

southern miss slacker wrote:

"It ranks right in there with the most unlikely finishes in Southern Miss history – hell, in history of the sport – or any sport." - Rick Cleveland.  I think Rick is getting old and a bit senile now with that analogy. a great win against long odds for sure, and it's something USM rarely does. we are usually on the receiving end of that kind of shit.

He uses that same chart I just posted in another thread.

We are 10-3 vs LA Tech in our last 13.

#3 2017-10-23 07:22:35 - The Miracle In Ruston.

TheHeadEagle (27)

If this had been Notre Dame vs Bama, it would be the comeback of the century.   Seriously, don't downplay this comeback as a ho hum moment.  It is unbelievably spectacular that we won that game down 11 with less than 2 minutes.  Seriously one of the best comebacks I've ever witnessed in any sport ever.  It was only hohum, even to many USM fans, due to lack of a full stadium and national significance.  I had just texted a buddy just before that 40something yard fieldgoal that  "we officially suck."    He called me like 45 seconds later to ask "how bad is it?"   I was like, "you aren't going to believe what's happened in the 45 seconds since I've texted you. 

And for the record, Keon throwing the ball in the first OT was the worst decision in USM history!!!!!  Either the coach is an fn idiot or Keon is....PERIOD.     Yes, I saw HOP chastise him on the sidelines but if he wasn't supposed to check off at the line, THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN COMMUNICATED TO HIM.     Either way, it's astounding with all the turnovers we've had and mistakes we've made that we have a winning record.  Imagine if we didn't make all those stupid mistakes.   So either HOP ain't smart or Keon needs to be bench immediately.

#4 2017-10-23 08:02:00 - The Miracle In Ruston.

admin (289)
Administrator

TheHeadEagle wrote:

If this had been Notre Dame vs Bama, it would be the comeback of the century.   Seriously, don't downplay this comeback as a ho hum moment.  It is unbelievably spectacular that we won that game down 11 with less than 2 minutes.  Seriously one of the best comebacks I've ever witnessed in any sport ever.  It was only hohum, even to many USM fans, due to lack of a full stadium and national significance.  I had just texted a buddy just before that 40something yard fieldgoal that  "we officially suck."    He called me like 45 seconds later to ask "how bad is it?"   I was like, "you aren't going to believe what's happened in the 45 seconds since I've texted you. 

And for the record, Keon throwing the ball in the first OT was the worst decision in USM history!!!!!  Either the coach is an fn idiot or Keon is....PERIOD.     Yes, I saw HOP chastise him on the sidelines but if he wasn't supposed to check off at the line, THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN COMMUNICATED TO HIM.     Either way, it's astounding with all the turnovers we've had and mistakes we've made that we have a winning record.  Imagine if we didn't make all those stupid mistakes.   So either HOP ain't smart or Keon needs to be bench immediately.

You make a good point about that audible: if Keon has authority to call audibles, then he does need to be told what the limits of that authority are, or at least told more about how to execute it. Relying on common sense is not enough.

#5 2017-10-23 08:03:24 - The Miracle In Ruston.

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

TheHeadEagle wrote:

So either HOP ain't smart or Keon needs to be bench immediately.

Not mutually exclusive.

#6 2017-10-23 08:29:52 - The Miracle In Ruston.

TheHeadEagle (27)

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

So either HOP ain't smart or Keon needs to be bench immediately.

Not mutually exclusive.

very true.  Honestly, I just hope Griggs is healthly from here on out.   Even with Keon's idiotic interception in OT, he did toss a bullet on the money for that imperative 2 point conversion.   In other words, Keon has the talent but he just doesn't have the head that Griggs has.....at least not yet.   

We've literally fumbled and stumbled our way to a winning record right now......that'll catch up with us.   UAB can easily beat us and if we have fumbleitus against Tenn and Marshall....they won't be so forgiving.   We need Griggs healthy for THIS weekend.  He needs a solid game under his belt prior to Tenn.

#7 2017-10-23 10:03:09 - The Miracle In Ruston.

CajunEagle (44)

Not sure Keon knows the game.  If so, he would know to set up Parker, who has never missed a field goal in his career, for an easy field goal......kick it......and we go home the winner.

#8 2017-10-23 10:09:23 - The Miracle In Ruston.

southern miss slacker (304)

CajunEagle wrote:

Not sure Keon knows the game.  If so, he would know to set up Parker, who has never missed a field goal in his career, for an easy field goal......kick it......and we go home the winner.

He's missed a field goal. but he is perfect on extra points. but we all get your point. he is one of the best kickers in USM history for certain.

#9 2017-10-23 11:11:21 - The Miracle In Ruston.

B&GBU (259)

Rick did a solid job, the type of work sorely missing these days and especially concerning us.

Are we learning, or is this going to continue to be a game of pick up sticks every week?

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

Board footer