CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-31 10:26:27 - Here's a senseless football related topic for you.....

SigEagle88 (10)

Here's a senseless football related topic for you.....

Why did they change the way they used to run the concession stands at The Rock? 

There was a time when pre-filled large soft drinks were lined up and waiting so you could grab one, and anything else you wanted, and walk over to the cashier, pay the tab, and get back to the game.  QUICK! 

Nowadays you have to count on missing AT LEAST half of one quarter of play just standing in line.

#2 2017-08-31 11:01:01 - Here's a senseless football related topic for you.....

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Here's a senseless football related topic for you.....

SigEagle88 wrote:

There was a time when pre-filled large soft drinks were lined up and waiting so you could grab one, and anything else you wanted, and walk over to the cashier, pay the tab, and get back to the game.  QUICK! 

Nowadays you have to count on missing AT LEAST half of one quarter of play just standing in line.

Probably inspires people to buy more. They stand there, getting hungry, looking at the delicious hot dogs and nachos. Also, if people know getting food and beverages is time-consuming, they'll tend to stock up.

Or maybe we're just idiots.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2017-08-31 11:33:35 - Here's a senseless football related topic for you.....

Hambubger (0)

AndreWhere wrote:
SigEagle88 wrote:

Probably inspires people to buy more. They stand there, getting hungry, looking at the delicious hot dogs and nachos. Also, if people know getting food and beverages is time-consuming, they'll tend to stock up.

Well if that's true then it just sucks. There's marketing value to letting people watch the damned game. Squandering that to market hot dogs is just braindead.

#4 2017-08-31 11:40:14 - Here's a senseless football related topic for you.....

tg300 (439)

Hambubger wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:
SigEagle88 wrote:

Well if that's true then it just sucks. There's marketing value to letting people watch the damned game. Squandering that to market hot dogs is just braindead.

Your point being?

#5 2017-08-31 12:01:44 - Here's a senseless football related topic for you.....

BrianPeppers (0)

Kind of reminds me of "Nachogate" at the Superdome. Any of y'all remember that shitstorm?

#6 2017-08-31 12:18:12 - Here's a senseless football related topic for you.....

Hambubger (0)

tg300 wrote:
Hambubger wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

Your point being?

They should line up the drinks already filled up.

#7 2017-08-31 12:29:19 - Here's a senseless football related topic for you.....

TheHeadEagle (27)

My family doesn't drink soft drinks. it's complete total garbage....so I could care less BUT I don't have an answer to that question.  I remember that too.   Seems like popcorn may have been pre-filled too ready to go.   This is the sole reason I love sitting in the endzone section.  The concessions and bathrooms are easy access and quick, usually no lines.

Last edited by TheHeadEagle (2017-08-31 12:30:36)

#8 2017-08-31 12:31:17 - Here's a senseless football related topic for you.....

BrianPeppers (0)

TheHeadEagle wrote:

My family doesn't drink soft drinks. it's complete total garbage....so I could care less BUT I don't have an answer to that question.  I remember that too.   Seems like popcorn may have been pre-filled too ready to go.

Same here. Never saw the point of drinking fizzy sugar water, unless maybe if you're using it to dilute vodka.

#9 2017-08-31 12:47:30 - Here's a senseless football related topic for you.....

tg300 (439)

Hambubger wrote:
tg300 wrote:
Hambubger wrote:

Your point being?

They should line up the drinks already filled up.

Question was specifically aimed at the last sentence.  We are the masters of brain dead marketing. Why would you have to point that out.

#10 2017-08-31 14:33:55 - Here's a senseless football related topic for you.....

Hambubger (0)

tg300 wrote:

We are the masters of brain dead marketing.

You weren't impressed when we printed up bumper stickers for a game against Tulane? Or let the students tear down the goalposts after we beat UH? Or copied Iowa's logo? Or... OK, I'll shut up about it now. Pernt taken.

Board footer