CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-31 15:10:08 - Anyone know where the UK fans post?

admin (289)
Administrator

Anyone know where the UK fans post?

I keep looking for a free UK board with decent activity so that I can invite them here. Can't find one, though. It damned sure isn't the UK board at CSNBBS lol. If anyone knows what their equivalent to TigerDroppings is (OK, there's no real equivalent to that shit), clue me in please.

#2 2017-08-31 15:15:24 - Anyone know where the UK fans post?

southern miss slacker (304)

Re: Anyone know where the UK fans post?

#3 2017-08-31 15:29:48 - Anyone know where the UK fans post?

admin (289)
Administrator

Thanks. I'd ruled that one out, because it's a paid site, but they do have a free 7-day trial. So if you want to do me a favor, remind me of that in six days . smile

#4 2017-08-31 16:09:43 - Anyone know where the UK fans post?

UKSanders ()

The most active free board is probably the rivals board

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/foru … -forum.22/

#5 2017-08-31 16:11:32 - Anyone know where the UK fans post?

admin (289)
Administrator

UKSanders wrote:

The most active free board is probably the rivals board

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/foru … -forum.22/

Thank you.

What are you feeling about the game? I definitely think you all have the upper hand, but I'm working with limited information about both teams.

#6 2017-08-31 16:47:33 - Anyone know where the UK fans post?

UKSanders ()

I'm cautiously optimistic.  The UK team improved considerably as the season wore on, but I am still concerned about the run defense.  There are a few reasons I am optimistic:

1. The offensive line became beastly and deep by mid-season. The center stayed in, and they rotated 2 sets of OGs & OTs.  Only the center graduated, but his backup played a lot last season.  However, there will also be a hit as the starting LT was lost for the season to a knee injury.  So, they are not a solid 9 deep like the end of last season, but they still may be the strength of the team.

2. Change in Def line philosophy.  Last season, the down DLineman were supposed to be "block-eaters" by maintaining a gap.  However, I don't think the talent was made for that (as evidenced by the horrendous run defense all year).  This season, the coaches have mentioned changing a little to encourage them to attack a gap and create plays in the backfield instead of just holding a gap.  Hopefully, this will allow an above average group of LBs to attack more, too.

3. Improved secondary - the guys last season were talented, but they miscommunicated quite a bit early in the season (anyone remember a completely unacceptable USM TD right before halftime due to a blown coverage?).  This SHOULD be improved as both corners and 1 starting safety are back after starting and playing every game last season.

My biggest concerns going into the game:

1 - USM's running game including running QBs (doesn't every team struggle with that?)
2 - UK's Short/intermediate passing game.  As good as UK QB Stephen Johnson was last season, he consistently missed open guys in the 7-15 yard range... especially the TEs.  If this has improved, I think the Cats offense will be quite dynamic.
3 - UK's Punting.  UK ranked dead last in the SEC in 2016.  The punter had big leg potential, but his consistency was not good.

The worst part for me is I won't be going to the game despite being so close in proximity this weekend (visiting my wife's family just outside of Brandon, MS).

#7 2017-08-31 17:10:40 - Anyone know where the UK fans post?

UKSanders ()

What's the general consensus here about USM?

expectation for the
- QBs?
- defense
-  Special teams... how are the different phases here?
    - Punting
    - Placekicking
    - Return game

#8 2017-08-31 17:20:37 - Anyone know where the UK fans post?

BrianPeppersJunior ()

UKSanders wrote:

What's the general consensus here about USM?

expectation for the
- QBs?
- defense
-  Special teams... how are the different phases here?
    - Punting
    - Placekicking
    - Return game

We honestly have no idea, so far as I can tell. Scary thing is that we haven't won a won a game without Nick Mullens at QB since 2011. The OL and the defense should be solid, as should the backs and receivers. Personally, I'm focusing on the good things going on academically and trying not to get too hung up on athletics.

Board footer