CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2017-11-25 21:26:53 - Hopson is the winningest HC in USM history through his first 2 years

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: Hopson is the winningest HC in USM history through his first 2 years

beagle wrote:

UTSA is paying Wilson nearly $1 million a year to go 3-5 in CUSA play. Ouch.

Could be worse......you could be ULL paying your coach $1 million to have a losing record two consecutive years in the Sun Belt....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#22 2017-11-25 21:30:15 - Hopson is the winningest HC in USM history through his first 2 years

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
beagle wrote:

Could be worse......you could be ULL paying your coach $1 million to have a losing record two consecutive years in the Sun Belt....

That dude was supposedly a hot commodity about 5 years ago. Just goes to show you how difficult it is to sustain success as a small market G5 team in the Southeast nowadays. ECU, ULL, USM, ULM, Marshall, etcetera... we've all threatened to poke our heads above the water at one point, and we've all had our heads shoved right back down into the Beef O'Brady's Toilet Bowl.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2017-11-25 21:33:55)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#23 2017-11-25 21:39:13 - Hopson is the winningest HC in USM history through his first 2 years

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

AndreWhere wrote:
beagle wrote:

That dude was supposedly a hot commodity about 5 years ago. Just goes to show you how difficult it is to sustain success as a small market G5 team in the Southeast nowadays. ECU, ULL, USM, ULM, Marshall, etcetera... we've all threatened to poke our heads above the water at one point, and we've all had our heads shoved right back down into the Beef O'Brady's Toilet Bowl.

ECU definitely screwed the pooch with their hire, as well as the dumbass decision to extend their AD in September to a guaranteed contract that runs through 2023. They have no money to buyout their coach or AD and have to welcome another John Thompson season next year.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#24 2017-11-25 21:56:46 - Hopson is the winningest HC in USM history through his first 2 years

AndreWhere (1252)

stinkfist wrote:

in my lifetime, the number of D1 programs has grown by +30% (over a 40 yr period)

This is really key to everything. Sun Belt football, UAB football, etc. were and are the devil for USM.

I knew it from the get-go. I didn't want to roll around in the gutter with those wannabes. But USM tried, in stereotypical fashion, to find "synergy" with the 30% assholes. The Gianninis of the world saw an opportunity to build rivalries and relationships.

Geography and institutional profile notwithstanding, no USM fan or athlete wanted that or bought into it, and Giannini et al. should have acknowledged that fact.

Trying to make common cause with a team like UAB or LA Tech is like trying to save a drowning man. He'll likely just drown you, too.

We should never have returned their phone calls. Every home game against UAB should have been a money game at an SEC school. Every NCAA meeting should have seen us complain that teams like that weren't worthy on I-A.

But nooooo... Giannini lusted for other poor "major" colleges to be our rivals. Welp, here we are, Richard. See you in Nassau, you mumbling fool.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2017-11-25 21:58:04)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Liked by:

#25 2017-11-26 13:42:54 - Hopson is the winningest HC in USM history through his first 2 years

Black Diamond Reb (418)

I will gladly take 0-2 in 2017.

Which is what you got, sans the big wins over Clarence, Mount Olive, Cows of Wayne County, and the rest of the Junior Food Conference.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#26 2017-11-26 13:56:36 - Hopson is the winningest HC in USM history through his first 2 years

stinkfist (764)

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

in my lifetime, the number of D1 programs has grown by +30% (over a 40 yr period)

This is really key to everything. Sun Belt football, UAB football, etc. were and are the devil for USM.

I knew it from the get-go. I didn't want to roll around in the gutter with those wannabes. But USM tried, in stereotypical fashion, to find "synergy" with the 30% assholes. The Gianninis of the world saw an opportunity to build rivalries and relationships.

Geography and institutional profile notwithstanding, no USM fan or athlete wanted that or bought into it, and Giannini et al. should have acknowledged that fact.

Trying to make common cause with a team like UAB or LA Tech is like trying to save a drowning man. He'll likely just drown you, too.

We should never have returned their phone calls. Every home game against UAB should have been a money game at an SEC school. Every NCAA meeting should have seen us complain that teams like that weren't worthy on I-A.

But nooooo... Giannini lusted for other poor "major" colleges to be our rivals. Welp, here we are, Richard. See you in Nassau, you mumbling fool.

there was never a doubt in bahama mama boy's mind and new home.....

it's really sad how many dipshites we've entrusted future success to over the years....

we're basically a JC at this point......

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Board footer