CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-02 16:53:39 - Looks like Scott Frost is leaving UCF for Nebraska

admin (289)
Administrator

Looks like Scott Frost is leaving UCF for Nebraska

I was always a fan. He won a national championship for my grandpa. It happened after a long period of exile, during which Tom Osborne had convinced us he'd never win another Orange Bowl.

#2 2017-12-02 17:13:54 - Looks like Scott Frost is leaving UCF for Nebraska

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: Looks like Scott Frost is leaving UCF for Nebraska

Hate to see him not coach UCF in the Peach Bowl but recruiting is the priority now for Nebraska so it’s not possible. Northern Illinois didn’t have their coach when they played on New Years and it showed....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2017-12-02 21:26:03 - Looks like Scott Frost is leaving UCF for Nebraska

Ford Prefect (72)

no tears here.  watching a poseur power conference get it's coach poached by a real power conference actually quite amuses me.

#4 2017-12-02 22:27:33 - Looks like Scott Frost is leaving UCF for Nebraska

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

Ford Prefect wrote:

no tears here.  watching a poseur power conference get it's coach poached by a real power conference actually quite amuses me.

That's one way to look at it. Strange to see a really good football team lose its coach to a shitty football team.

#5 2017-12-02 22:59:18 - Looks like Scott Frost is leaving UCF for Nebraska

stinkfist (764)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Hate to see him not coach UCF in the Peach Bowl but recruiting is the priority now for Nebraska so it’s not possible. Northern Illinois didn’t have their coach when they played on New Years and it showed....

I don't have a dog in the hunt other than a simple point of contention relative to USM's situation in '11.....

it's this scenario 6 yrs ago that became the final nail in the coffin when our leadershit allowed dapper dan boy to NOT ONLY remain through the bowl game, but HAVE THE FINAL SAY on that pos bowl in how-the-are-ya lei land......

lord knows we've TTT'd it more times than a bipedal has countable digits.....but when a corch gets plucked, you cut him loose STAT!  that's THE NUMBER ONE PLAY CALL in any management playbook.....

every time I see a particular car dealer, I simply give him da finga....and I grew up with that spoiled pos prick........it's unfuckingbelievable how stupid that move was....

don't kid yourself......it's hardly hindsight on my part......you can search the nazi board to review how critical I was when that bs went down.....

and btw, fuck UCF ..... they will be just fine moving forward......they understand how a solvent business functionally operates.....

I'm almost immune to the ineptness at this point at this stage in my life.....but hell, as a transplanted lifer that continues to plod forward, that shite simply reminds me of all the gavina that has passed  through the door during my not so spic and span life.....

/rant

Last edited by stinkfist (2017-12-02 23:01:06)

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#6 2017-12-03 02:44:42 - Looks like Scott Frost is leaving UCF for Nebraska

Ford Prefect (72)

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
Ford Prefect wrote:

That's one way to look at it. Strange to see a really good football team lose its coach to a shitty football team.

well, here is how it works;

a team from a power 5 conference steals your coach after a successful season.

poof.

and bob's your uncle.

Board footer