CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-04 08:23:14 - WUSM Radio

Eaglebird Humperdink (124)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-11
Posts: 468

WUSM Radio

Guys, since I moved away from H'burg earlier this year, maybe the thing I miss most is WUSM Southern Miss radio. Justin Martin does a great job programming music...no loop, no canned shit...very eclectic.

Anyway, lately I discovered that I can stream it live on my computer, and it's great. You can listen live and also pull up a "what's playing" window, or an archive window to see what has played. This morning, I heard a Jarekus Singleton song that rocked my face off, and I thought about you guys.

Check it out. http://www.southernmissradio.com/

Offline

Liked by:

#2 2017-12-04 08:48:45 - WUSM Radio

admin (166)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,445

Re: WUSM Radio

It is nice having a station that doesn't constraint itself to a 35-song "format."

Not everything has to be about "market."

Offline

#3 2017-12-04 08:51:10 - WUSM Radio

Eaglebird Humperdink (124)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-11
Posts: 468

Re: WUSM Radio

admin wrote:

It is nice having a station that doesn't constraint itself to a 35-song "format."

Not everything has to be about "market."

No doubt. I'm on the coast, and my kids listen to a pop station that rotates about 12 songs. Drives me nuts.

WUSM is the best station in the state.

Offline

#4 2017-12-04 09:00:53 - WUSM Radio

USMstang (82)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 529

Re: WUSM Radio

I'll give it a listen just for the hell of it.  I stopped listening to radio long ago but I realize others do.  Apparently this crap they call country gets a lot of listens so I advertise with the iHeart group on the Coast.  Most of the feedback I get from my customers are those that listen to the talk radio station that I've never heard  hmm .  They tell me it has Rush and such.  This morning one of my customers text me that he heard my new Christmas commercial on K99 country, another station I've never heard.  For what it's worth, that radio group has added an actual rock station, 92.5 that was previously rap crap.  I listened to it last night just to see what the format was like and it was pretty damn good...playing everything from Zeppelin to 90s rock and some obscure stuff too. 

Where are you located Eaglebird?


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

#5 2017-12-04 09:11:40 - WUSM Radio

admin (166)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,445

Re: WUSM Radio

97.9 on the Coast will make your ears bleed.

Offline

#6 2017-12-04 09:31:27 - WUSM Radio

Eaglebird Humperdink (124)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-11
Posts: 468

Re: WUSM Radio

USMstang wrote:

I'll give it a listen just for the hell of it.  I stopped listening to radio long ago but I realize others do.  Apparently this crap they call country gets a lot of listens so I advertise with the iHeart group on the Coast.  Most of the feedback I get from my customers are those that listen to the talk radio station that I've never heard  hmm .  They tell me it has Rush and such.  This morning one of my customers text me that he heard my new Christmas commercial on K99 country, another station I've never heard.  For what it's worth, that radio group has added an actual rock station, 92.5 that was previously rap crap.  I listened to it last night just to see what the format was like and it was pretty damn good...playing everything from Zeppelin to 90s rock and some obscure stuff too. 

Where are you located Eaglebird?

Ocean Springs. I was in Hburg since 1985.  Based on your paragraph above, I think you'll really enjoy Southern Miss radio if you give it a couple of listens.

Offline

#7 2017-12-04 10:57:47 - WUSM Radio

B&GBU (30)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-27
Posts: 121

Re: WUSM Radio

LOVE IT.  Even XM seems to have a playlist, and a bunch of blathering twits in between. Danke!


"Winning is relative."

Offline

#8 2017-12-04 11:24:45 - WUSM Radio

Eaglebird Humperdink (124)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-11
Posts: 468

Re: WUSM Radio

B&GBU wrote:

LOVE IT.  Even XM seems to have a playlist, and a bunch of blathering twits in between. Danke!

Awesome. You'll see that sometimes one of the dj's will go off on a tangient and play a string of blues, or alternative country or local artists only, or maybe track Dark Side of the Moon or Abbey Road....basically whatever they want. But that's cool too, and much better than a formatted radio station. And, it's Southern Miss.

Offline

#9 2017-12-04 11:36:27 - WUSM Radio

Nugget's Ghostbuster (161)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 710

Re: WUSM Radio

People still listen to radio?

Weird.....


"When Nugget II was found dead that cold December morning, Southern Miss had a serious problem on its hands. The handler who starved Nugget II is presumably still out there, his freedom bought for $2,000 from alumni coffers."

Offline

#10 2017-12-04 11:45:35 - WUSM Radio

Eaglebird Humperdink (124)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-11
Posts: 468

Re: WUSM Radio

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

People still listen to radio?

Weird.....

Yep. Listen to vinyl too.

Offline

Liked by:

#11 2017-12-04 12:11:24 - WUSM Radio

SigEagle88 (0)
Member
From: Southeast Louzanner
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 15

Re: WUSM Radio

Just stream it on the TuneIn Radio app on your phone.  That's what I'm doing.

Offline

#12 2017-12-04 18:42:24 - WUSM Radio

Eaglebird Humperdink (124)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-11
Posts: 468

Re: WUSM Radio

SigEagle88 wrote:

Just stream it on the TuneIn Radio app on your phone.  That's what I'm doing.

We got 'em in poster schedules and college radio station.

Offline

#13 2017-12-04 23:45:14 - WUSM Radio

USMstang (82)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 529

Re: WUSM Radio

Giving WUSM a listen right now...

I listen to Progressive Rock/Metal mostly.  While some of it is from the US, most of it is European.  They don't do rap crap over there, they still make damn good ROCK and it contains structure that is not intended for stupid people (you know, the masses that absorb the mainstream dumbed down no-talent garbage).

Try a sample of a few of these bands:
Cosmograf (Unreasonable Silence), Kingcrow, Ayreon, Katatonia, Steve Rothery, Animals As Leaders, Devin Townsend, Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson, Headspace, Lacuna Coil, etc.


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB