CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-11 07:55:50 - Good, in-depth article on Louisvlle-Adidas corruption

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

Good, in-depth article on Louisvlle-Adidas corruption

#2 2017-12-11 08:11:49 - Good, in-depth article on Louisvlle-Adidas corruption

Used to give a sh*t Eagle (9)

Re: Good, in-depth article on Louisvlle-Adidas corruption

Finally, an answer to "How did Louisville do this?  How did it go from Southern Miss regularly competing against them to what they are now?"

F. Chris Gorman, a former Kentucky attorney general, says: "I think that the tragedy here is this is probably the only community that uses public money to fund a Division I athletic program. That's what led to all this corruption: They had all this money -- money from the foundation, money from the arena, money from the students. You add all that up, and then they have a budget to compete with the Ohio States of the world. But they haven't done it in an honest way. They've done it by fleecing the taxpayers and by taking money from the foundation, men and women that worked all their lives and thought they were giving money to education."

There is no solution.  We don't have the money.

#3 2017-12-11 08:17:57 - Good, in-depth article on Louisvlle-Adidas corruption

southern miss slacker (304)

wow, this may be the most morally corrupt thing I've ever heard. kind of makes you sick to your stomach these people in charge did this. money certainly is the root of all evil.  . if you didn't hate Louisville before you probably do now.

#4 2017-12-11 09:12:16 - Good, in-depth article on Louisvlle-Adidas corruption

Lloydlake (139)

"It's a hustle. I mean, that's what it is," says professor Ricky Jones, chairman of Louisville's Pan-African studies department. "It's about making money. It's about, you know, folks from shoe companies and all the people in their orbit setting up a system that is pimping kids out."

What the heck is Pan-African studies, and do we have one at USM ?

#5 2017-12-11 09:25:01 - Good, in-depth article on Louisvlle-Adidas corruption

southern miss slacker (304)

Lloydlake wrote:

"It's a hustle. I mean, that's what it is," says professor Ricky Jones, chairman of Louisville's Pan-African studies department. "It's about making money. It's about, you know, folks from shoe companies and all the people in their orbit setting up a system that is pimping kids out."

What the heck is Pan-African studies, and do we have one at USM ?

You've set bdr up beautifully.

#6 2017-12-11 09:35:30 - Good, in-depth article on Louisvlle-Adidas corruption

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

southern miss slacker wrote:

wow, this may be the most morally corrupt thing I've ever heard. kind of makes you sick to your stomach these people in charge did this. money certainly is the root of all evil.  . if you didn't hate Louisville before you probably do now.

After all is said and done....loss of scholarships, vacated wins, NCAA Tourney ban or a couple of years....does anyone believe that Louisville will return to "mid-level commuter school" or will the end justify the means for the fans, coaches, administrators, and athletes at Louisville from 1998-2017? I think most mid-level commuter schools would trade places with Louisville if given the chance.

Board footer