CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#161 2017-12-21 17:12:30 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

Ford Prefect (72)

Re: Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

I'm confused.

#162 2017-12-21 17:19:42 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

admin (289)
Administrator

Ford Prefect wrote:

I'm confused.

I understand *some* of it.

GTS banned some Memphis people. A lot of them were so-called "trolls" (probably just means they didn't agree with most of CSNBBS) or alternate accounts.

One of them named Brother Bluto or something started a Memphis forum on a site called ProBoards. He made it private, i.e. you can't even read it as a guest.

GTS managed to get a spy registered there, who sent his pictures of what was being posted. Apparently it was just 6 or 8 people acting (to use GTS's word) "butthurt."

What GTS got out of reading that shit escapes me, but he apparently got some sort of kick out of it. I guess his attitude is, "they tried to put together a board without me and failed- ha ha."

#163 2017-12-21 17:30:01 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

Reggie Favre (83)

Ford Prefect wrote:

I'm confused.

speaking of confusion - for a period of time, i thought admin was/is andre ware.  are these two different people or the same?  if different people, who was/is admin on the other board(s)?

#164 2017-12-21 17:35:30 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

admin (289)
Administrator

Reggie Favre wrote:
Ford Prefect wrote:

I'm confused.

speaking of confusion - for a period of time, i thought admin was/is andre ware.  are these two different people or the same?  if different people, who was/is admin on the other board(s)?

We're the same people.

User "admin" was created by default when I made the board. I wanted to mostly post as "AndreWhere" because people remember that handle from the old board, though.

I generally use "admin" for anything official (like "I've added this feature" or whatever), and "AndreWhere" for things that are potentially subjective or offensive, which I don't want casual users to take as an official board position or whatever. 

Sorry to cause confusion, but it does allow me to sort of post as if I were just an end user. Most people who have been around USM message boards know what's up, and that's good.

#165 2017-12-21 17:42:31 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

Reggie Favre (83)

admin wrote:
Reggie Favre wrote:
Ford Prefect wrote:

I'm confused.

We're the same people.

User "admin" was created by default when I made the board. I wanted to mostly post as "AndreWhere" because people remember that handle from the old board, though.

I generally use "admin" for anything official (like "I've added this feature" or whatever), and "AndreWhere" for things that are potentially subjective or offensive, which I don't want casual users to take as an official board position or whatever. 

Sorry to cause confusion, but it does allow me to sort of post as if I were just an end user. Most people who have been around USM message boards know what's up, and that's good.

ok, thanks  wasn't as confused as i thought.

#166 2017-12-21 18:05:33 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

stinkfist (764)

southern miss slacker wrote:

This shit is getting good. I love high drama.

I can attest to that (as I still remember that cackle) smile

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#167 2017-12-21 18:07:46 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

stinkfist (764)

you goofy inglorious basterd......you're not that pretty anymore....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#168 2017-12-21 18:14:49 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

tg300 (439)

Reggie Favre wrote:
admin wrote:
Reggie Favre wrote:

We're the same people.

ok, thanks  wasn't as confused as i thought.

Prime cannon fodder.

It is the Christmas season.

Pass granted.

#169 2017-12-21 22:54:40 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

USMstang (303)

Andre--
if the Bluto guy is one of those multi-alias trolls, why invite him over here (to phuck up the Memphis board)?  It takes a special kind of strange to have time or desire to troll message boards in that manner.  Just sayin...

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#170 2017-12-22 07:06:18 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

admin (289)
Administrator

USMstang wrote:

Andre--
if the Bluto guy is one of those multi-alias trolls, why invite him over here (to phuck up the Memphis board)?  It takes a special kind of strange to have time or desire to troll message boards in that manner.  Just sayin...

It's a valid question, and one that I've had to ask myself in setting up this board. Ultimately, I've decided that if you treat people like adults, they'll act like adults.

Look at the Memphis board over there:

This forum is PG. That one is PG-13. This other one is (yikes) NC-17.

Board #1 is about sports and if you post about politics you'll get in trouble. Board #2 is about politics and if you post about sports you'll get in trouble.

There's no name-calling allowed, or talking about Josh Pastner. Or maybe you can talk about Pastner but only if you've got a valid point that doesn't involve Georgia Tech... because you can't talk about Tech on the Memphis board.

You can build a board that way. It's pretty prevalent, in fact. But those boards end up being not about the team or the school, but about the mods and the rules. And people, having been treated like asses, act like asses.

Look at the last thread from that site that I linked to here. It starts with some clown heaping praise (in capital 36 point letters) on Jeremy for banning some other clown. Then we get the references to Canadian TV, a few of Jeremy's favorite insults and images, and a bunch of people accusing each other of being duplicates of each other.

Where's the insight into Memphis sports?

The moderators over there often complain about getting phone calls and messages telling them to ban this user, or delete that post. I don't get those calls and messages because people know I'd never act on them. Problem solved.

If I can ever get Memphis people to post here, I know they'll build a good board, because this site is actually about sports- not rules lists, or me, or Canadian TV shows, or trains, or getting drunk, or anything else.

#171 2017-12-22 07:28:34 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

USMstang (303)

Gotcha and that makes sense. It's the us vs them mentality...I only followed the first thread and wished I woulda saved those 15 minutes of my life!  Invite all of them in that case.  Jeremy has some weird sense of entitled royalty I see.  And that's more strange than the multi-alias thing.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#172 2017-12-22 12:46:42 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

Ford Prefect (72)

admin wrote:
USMstang wrote:

Andre--

It's a valid question, and one that I've had to ask myself in setting up this board. Ultimately, I've decided that if you treat people like adults, they'll act like adults.

[snip].

that sort of flies in the face of the entire history of internet discussion forums.  but we shall see.

#173 2017-12-22 14:41:29 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

southern miss slacker (304)

That fat ass said he is a devout atheist.

#174 2017-12-22 14:54:29 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

Ford Prefect (72)

a pompous libertarian ignoramus.  people like him make me glad that someone kicked rand paul's sanctimonious ass.

#175 2017-12-22 15:08:08 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

AndreWhere (1252)

Can you be devout about not believing in something?

It's silly anyway. He doesn't know there's no supreme being.

I tend to think we're all agnostics, and some of us adopt a religion based purely on faith, while others don't.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#176 2017-12-22 16:14:25 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

Ford Prefect (72)

he's shaking his tiny internets dork at the aac board now.  this guy's wife must get drunk and beat him up.  after she's done, he goes out and kicks some forum ass.

internet tough guy

#177 2017-12-22 16:18:31 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

admin (289)
Administrator

Ford Prefect wrote:

he's shaking his tiny internets dork at the aac board now.  this guy's wife must get drunk and beat him up.  after she's done, he goes out and kicks some forum ass.

internet tough guy

Wow. Is just letting people post what they want really such a problem? WTF is he so worried about?

And how do I get those poor people off of the embassy roof? It's harder than it ought to be. He frickin' banned TG4, and I messaged him on 24/7 sports (among others), and yet I still have yet to see any Memphis traffic light up here in the control room. I'm "spam."

#178 2017-12-22 16:19:32 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

Ford Prefect (72)

it isn't going well.  his ghost mod even makes an appearance in this thread.

#179 2017-12-22 16:47:05 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

de·vout
dəˈvout
adjective
having or showing deep religious feeling or commitment.
"she was a devout Catholic"

I don't think you can be devout and be an atheist at the same time.

#180 2017-12-22 16:49:18 - Georgia Tech Swagger from the cnnbbs boards and the Perch Hitler....

AndreWhere (1252)

Ford Prefect wrote:

it isn't going well.  his ghost mod even makes an appearance in this thread.

That board is about Jeremy and his love for Canadian TV. It has fuck all to do with college sports.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer