CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-23 21:30:43 - Probably our second best opponent next season

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Probably our second best opponent next season

Just rolled a decent 11 win Toledo team 34-0 in the Mobile Bowl. Toledo averaged 40 points per game this season and even put up 30 on the U in Coral Gables earlier this year. App st finishes with 9 wins. If you have not been to Boone, NC you need to make plans next fall. One of the best hidden gems in the country.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2017-12-23 21:46:53 - Probably our second best opponent next season

beagle (173)

Re: Probably our second best opponent next season

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Just rolled a decent 11 win Toledo team 34-0 in the Mobile Bowl. Toledo averaged 40 points per game this season and even put up 30 on the U in Coral Gables earlier this year. App st finishes with 9 wins. If you have not been to Boone, NC you need to make plans next fall. One of the best hidden gems in the country.

I'd almost rather go to Boone than Auburn. I'd like to see more OOC series in cool G5 college towns. Ohio U, Miami (OH), Georgia Southern, etc.

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#3 2017-12-23 22:01:49 - Probably our second best opponent next season

stinkfist (764)

beagle wrote:

I'd almost rather go to Boone than Auburn. I'd like to see more OOC series in cool G5 college towns. Ohio U, Miami (OH), Georgia Southern, etc.

I still believe 1 s$c game has to happen annually.....it may become 2 in one year depending how the next version of tv dollars shakes up the next wave of realignment.....tv money is not an option in our world moving forward....

I personally would like to fiercely go after resuming h/h series with wholame, MEM, ECU.....they're getting ready to lose their tv $$$ too....

it's going to be interesting to see how scheduling and how we address the leftovers once the big boys tv dollars expire beginning in '20.....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#4 2017-12-23 22:09:00 - Probably our second best opponent next season

beagle (173)

stinkfist wrote:
beagle wrote:

I still believe 1 s$c game has to happen annually.....it may become 2 in one year depending how the next version of tv dollars shakes up the next wave of realignment.....tv money is not an option in our world moving forward....

I personally would like to fiercely go after resuming h/h series with wholame, MEM, ECU.....they're getting ready to lose their tv $$$ too....

it's going to be interesting to see how scheduling and how we address the leftovers once the big boys tv dollars expire beginning in '20.....

No doubt. When I said I'd rather go to Boone over Auburn, I meant me personally traveling to the game.

I'm all for 1 SEC guarantee/payday game every year (or ACC, I'd still like to mix up our payday games with an FSU, Clemson, or Virginia Tech every now and then). But you still have 3 OOC slots left. Could do a home/home with an Ohio, Miami U, or Georgia Southern type program.

I don't see ECU playing us. They tend to play 2 P5s (sometimes 3, they can get H/Hs with these schools somehow), 1 regional G5, then a FCSer. No room for USM. Tulane is back on starting in 2022. I'd love to play Memphis, but I'm not sure they have any interest. I think renewing that series is more doable than ECU though.

Last edited by beagle (2017-12-23 22:10:28)

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#5 2017-12-23 22:29:14 - Probably our second best opponent next season

stinkfist (764)

beagle wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
beagle wrote:

No doubt. When I said I'd rather go to Boone over Auburn, I meant me personally traveling to the game.

I'm all for 1 SEC guarantee/payday game every year (or ACC, I'd still like to mix up our payday games with an FSU, Clemson, or Virginia Tech every now and then). But you still have 3 OOC slots left. Could do a home/home with an Ohio, Miami U, or Georgia Southern type program.

I don't see ECU playing us. They tend to play 2 P5s (sometimes 3, they can get H/Hs with these schools somehow), 1 regional G5, then a FCSer. No room for USM. Tulane is back on starting in 2022. I'd love to play Memphis, but I'm not sure they have any interest. I think renewing that series is more doable than ECU though.

yep....any combo like that works.....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#6 2017-12-23 22:57:14 - Probably our second best opponent next season

USMstang (303)

When I was at Perk (MGCCC), we played the East Bowl against Lees McRae JC in Boone on the Appy St campus. If it's the same stadium, its carved out of the side of a mountain and is super cool.  Anyway, that was 1987 and we whipped that ass!  It was upper 30s and drizzling in the 2nd half.  So I have fond memories of the place and would happily go back.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Board footer