CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-05 09:21:31 - New contract for dawson

southern miss slacker (237)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 1,125

New contract for dawson

nm.

Offline

x 0
x 1

#2 2018-01-05 09:28:16 - New contract for dawson

AndreWhere (237)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 2,421
Website

Re: New contract for dawson

K


Bring back Thad V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Carmody.

Offline

#3 2018-01-05 09:40:10 - New contract for dawson

Nugget's Ghostbuster (233)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 914

Re: New contract for dawson

thank-you-o.gif


"When Nugget II was found dead that cold December morning, Southern Miss had a serious problem on its hands. The handler who starved Nugget II is presumably still out there, his freedom bought for $2,000 from alumni coffers."

Offline

#4 2018-01-05 10:15:36 - New contract for dawson

EagleFWB (30)
Member
Registered: 2017-12-05
Posts: 56

Re: New contract for dawson

Well that was informative

Offline

#5 2018-01-05 11:28:45 - New contract for dawson

Nugget's Ghostbuster (233)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 914

Re: New contract for dawson

Associated Press Published 10:18 a.m. CT Jan. 5, 2018

USM football will hold a press conference Saturday morning to announce a new contract for offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson to the media.

“It’s a great day for Southern Miss football,” said coach Jay Hopson. “Coach Dawson loves his players, enjoys his role as a mentor, and gets the most out of his players both on and off the field.  I look forward to him continuing that impact here.”

Hopson and Dawson have discussed several options already for members of the current staff, but no decisions have been made as of yet.

“I’m excited to coach at a place I love,” Dawson said. “The timing is right for USM to have a guy like me in this position.”

Dawson coached at four other schools prior to coming to USM, including West Virginia and Kentucky.

At USM he helped lead the Golden Eagles to a 8-5 record this year, including a spirited contest against Florida State in the Walk-On's Independence Bowl on December 27.

Two of the offensive starters that Dawson coached over the last two years are projected to be drafted into the NFL.

Hopson mentioned the priority Dawson places on getting to know the players and bringing out the best in them.

“I think it’s really, really important that you build an offense around the skill set that you have,” Dawson said of his approach to personnel. “We will be very demanding, but love the guys too.”


"When Nugget II was found dead that cold December morning, Southern Miss had a serious problem on its hands. The handler who starved Nugget II is presumably still out there, his freedom bought for $2,000 from alumni coffers."

Offline

Liked by:

#6 2018-01-05 11:36:13 - New contract for dawson

AndreWhere (237)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 2,421
Website

Re: New contract for dawson

Very interesting. I thought slacker was just messing around but I guess it's true.

Not sure how to feel about this development. Dawson is far from perfect, but who's the alternative?


Bring back Thad V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Carmody.

Offline

#7 2018-01-05 11:59:32 - New contract for dawson

CajunEagle (42)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 91

Re: New contract for dawson

Matt "Oh" Canada tain't doin nothing soon, and he's looking around.

Offline

#8 2018-01-05 12:01:46 - New contract for dawson

stinkfist (147)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 870

Re: New contract for dawson

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

“I’m excited to coach at a place I love,” Dawson said. “The timing is right for USM to have a guy like me in this position.”

lmao.....I love it...w/o the dixie AA cups, I can hear that slacker cackle up here.....

@kinkykellyinthesmallhouse


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNB-m48TlbI

Offline

#9 2018-01-05 12:04:57 - New contract for dawson

EagleFWB (30)
Member
Registered: 2017-12-05
Posts: 56

Re: New contract for dawson

Could be trying to set himself up a few years down the road for HC should Hop move along somewhere else.

Of course, Hop has to do some big improving to be attractive to other programs.

Offline

#10 2018-01-05 12:07:58 - New contract for dawson

Black Diamond Reb (117)
Member
From: Palmers Crossing, Mississippi
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 464

Re: New contract for dawson

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

He helped lead the Golden Eagles to a spirited contest against Florida State.

You can't make this shit up.


"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."

Offline

#11 2018-01-05 12:11:16 - New contract for dawson

CajunEagle (42)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 91

Re: New contract for dawson

That looks like another great sig line for ya, BDR.

Offline

#12 2018-01-05 12:13:52 - New contract for dawson

beagle (174)
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,224

Re: New contract for dawson

AndreWhere wrote:

Very interesting. I thought slacker was just messing around but I guess it's true.

Not sure how to feel about this development. Dawson is far from perfect, but who's the alternative?

Ghostbuster’s article was fake. Almost fooled me until he spelled out December. That’s supposed to be abbreviated to Dec. under AP style guidelines.


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Offline

#13 2018-01-05 12:17:11 - New contract for dawson

Nugget's Ghostbuster (233)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 914

Re: New contract for dawson

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

He helped lead the Golden Eagles to a spirited contest against Florida State.

You can't make this shit up.

It’s the best I could come up with on such short notice.....

A USM Mass Communications degree only prepares you so much.......

giphy.gif


"When Nugget II was found dead that cold December morning, Southern Miss had a serious problem on its hands. The handler who starved Nugget II is presumably still out there, his freedom bought for $2,000 from alumni coffers."

Offline

Liked by:

#14 2018-01-05 12:45:18 - New contract for dawson

EagleFWB (30)
Member
Registered: 2017-12-05
Posts: 56

Re: New contract for dawson

beagle wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

Very interesting. I thought slacker was just messing around but I guess it's true.

Not sure how to feel about this development. Dawson is far from perfect, but who's the alternative?

Ghostbuster’s article was fake. Almost fooled me until he spelled out December. That’s supposed to be abbreviated to Dec. under AP style guidelines.

I also noticed the time zone was CT not CST

Offline

Liked by:

#15 2018-01-05 13:34:23 - New contract for dawson

tg300 (131)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 541

Re: New contract for dawson

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Associated Press Published 10:18 a.m. CT Jan. 5, 2018

USM football will hold a press conference Saturday morning to announce a new contract for offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson to the media.

“It’s a great day for Southern Miss football,” said coach Jay Hopson. “Coach Dawson loves his players, enjoys his role as a mentor, and gets the most out of his players both on and off the field.  I look forward to him continuing that impact here.”

Hopson and Dawson have discussed several options already for members of the current staff, but no decisions have been made as of yet.

“I’m excited to coach at a place I love,” Dawson said. “The timing is right for USM to have a guy like me in this position.”

Dawson coached at four other schools prior to coming to USM, including West Virginia and Kentucky.

At USM he helped lead the Golden Eagles to a 8-5 record this year, including a spirited contest against Florida State in the Walk-On's Independence Bowl on December 27.

Two of the offensive starters that Dawson coached over the last two years are projected to be drafted into the NFL.

Hopson mentioned the priority Dawson places on getting to know the players and bringing out the best in them.

“I think it’s really, really important that you build an offense around the skill set that you have,” Dawson said of his approach to personnel. “We will be very demanding, but love the guys too.”

One of your best efforts.

Offline

Board footer