CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-07 17:37:57 - Worst propaganda websites

AndreWhere (1252)

Worst propaganda websites

It's no secret that much of the media is covertly on the payroll of groups and people that want to shape perception in subtle ways, from the feds to Apple. The strategy is often one of slowly relocating the center position on a given issue to the left.

To me, the worst offenders are a couple of social commentary websites that have somehow (cough, cough) survived for years despite never turning a profit: Slate.com and Salon.com. I check them when my blood pressure gets too low.

Right now, Slate is running a letter to their advice columnist about a woman whose son's father won't let him get "his flu shot."

I don't write Slate's advice columm, but if I did, my response to that harpy (if she even exists outside the imagination of the federal government) would be something like this:

First, it's not "his" flu shot. You chose that word to make it seem like getting a flu shot is some sort of mandatory thing that everyone does.

Second, the flu vaccine in question has been shown to be ineffective. You're trying to inject something about as therapeutic as dog crap into your own kid.

Third, your question is a red herring. You're worried (since you probably work in the public relations department of the CDC) that the failure of this year's flu vaccine will poison the well for vaccines generally.

It doesn't work that way though. I've never had a "flu shot," but I wouldn't consider skipping, say, my kids' mumps vaccines because having the mumps sucks and the vaccine really will prevent that.

In conclusion, you're a moron at best, and more likely a paid shill.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-02-07 17:38:47)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Liked by:

Board footer