CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-26 21:20:18 - Raisin Canes chicken fingers

southern miss slacker (304)

Raisin Canes chicken fingers

Never been to that place either. Is it just chicken fingers and fries? How good is it? Been to zaxbys a couple times and it was good but kind of pricey for fast food.

#2 2018-02-26 21:43:04 - Raisin Canes chicken fingers

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Raisin Canes chicken fingers

They have too many pictures of dogs at that place for my taste.

I don't want to look at dogs while I eat.

I get it. A lot of Americans like dogs more than they like other people.

I've never been in that club, though, and even if I were, I don't think pictures of dogs would encourage me to order or consume food.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-02-26 21:43:28)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-02-26 22:50:29 - Raisin Canes chicken fingers

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Just chicken and French fries with some slaw or Texas Toast.......only like 4 total options on the entire menu. It is the McDowell’s of Zaxbys but it’s good.....

2017%2F11%2F02%2F7e%2F12342c911e464845aa3028920fcf8a16.56455.jpg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#4 2018-02-26 23:08:07 - Raisin Canes chicken fingers

AndreWhere wrote:

Cane was the founders dog that used to hang around the building site of the first location. He was a friendly, yellow lab who loved to be around people. He was a very popular and well-known dog that would pop up at restaurant visits, community activities, and was often seen at Children’s Hospitals bringing smiles and chicken fingers to the kids and gave them just a few moments of peace away from the medical issues they were dealing with. He passed away saving a toddler at a busy Ft Worth location several years back when the toddler ran in front of the drive thru but the dog knocked him down just before a car would have hit him. Sadly the driver hit Cane and he was put down due to his injuries and age.

So maybe get over whatever issue you may have with his picture hanging on the wall of the restaurant and buy a $5 chicken finger platter and pay some respect to Cane because he damn well earned it......if not for him do it for those poor bastard kids at the Children’s Hospital that no longer get to pet a dog or eat free chicken fingers anymore.......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#5 2018-02-26 23:09:04 - Raisin Canes chicken fingers

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

Cane was the founders dog that used to hang around the building site of the first location. He was a friendly, yellow lab who loved to be around people. He was a very popular and well-known dog that would pop up at restaurant visits, community activities, and was often seen at Children’s Hospitals bringing smiles and chicken fingers to the kids and gave them just a few moments of peace away from the medical issues they were dealing with. He passed away saving a toddler at a busy Ft Worth location several years back when the toddler ran in front of the drive thru but the dog knocked him down just before a car would have hit him. Sadly the driver hit Cane and he was put down due to his injuries and age.

So maybe get over whatever issue you may have with his picture hanging on the wall of the restaurant and buy a $5 chicken finger platter and pay some respect to Cane because he damn well earned it......if not for him do it for those poor bastard kids at the Children’s Hospital that no longer get to pet a dog or eat free chicken fingers anymore.......

LMAO. OK, noted.

#6 2018-02-26 23:17:30 - Raisin Canes chicken fingers

AndreWhere (1252)

Just chicken and French fries with some slaw or Texas Toast.......only like 4 total options on the entire menu. It is the McDowell’s of Zaxbys but it’s good.....

2017%2F11%2F02%2F7e%2F12342c911e464845aa3028920fcf8a16.56455.jpg

That picture looks like it was generated by a computer, not a camera. Is there a Coming To America computer game or something?

#7 2018-02-26 23:32:59 - Raisin Canes chicken fingers

southern miss slacker (304)

AndreWhere wrote:

Wow. That's a damn great story. I just read on the internet that there is another chix finger place in Texas named Layne's that is almost identical to canes. Layne's opened up a couple years before canes and some think canes stole the idea from them.

#8 2018-02-27 08:17:51 - Raisin Canes chicken fingers

99beers (303)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#9 2018-02-27 11:38:25 - Raisin Canes chicken fingers

Never been to Laynes. Looks like they only have 4 locations.
One of the better chicken finger joints was back in Atlanta called Tanners. They had it figured out since the 80's. Not sure if they are still around town but one location was not too far from Roswell near the Northridge exit off GA400. The other one was up in Cumming in Vickery.

12417847_1083165641733633_8077505159479126167_n.jpg

#10 2018-02-27 19:06:00 - Raisin Canes chicken fingers

AndreWhere (1252)

Never been to Laynes. Looks like they only have 4 locations.
One of the better chicken finger joints was back in Atlanta called Tanners. They had it figured out since the 80's. Not sure if they are still around town but one location was not too far from Roswell near the Northridge exit off GA400. The other one was up in Cumming in Vickery.

12417847_1083165641733633_8077505159479126167_n.jpg

I'm afraid Tanner's is no more, at that location at least.

I don't know exactly why, but that area centered on Roswell Road between Abernathy and Roswell (the city) has really dried up commercially. The Kroger at Northridge and Roswell closed recently (which is a shame... you could get some hard-to-find things there, like boudin). A bit farther down south, right past Dalrymple Road, there's a strip mall that's completely empty.

South of Abernathy, though, Roswell Road is still jam-packed with businesses. It's weird.

#11 2018-02-27 20:11:41 - Raisin Canes chicken fingers

CajunEagle (44)

After graduation from Episcopal High here in Baton Rouge, Todd Graves stayed home and went to LSU with no idea what to get a degree, so he went into the college of business.  In Fall semester of his senior year, one of his entrepreneurial classes had an assignment to come up with an innovative concept to be judged by 5 business profs.....(early version of Shark Tank).   His idea was a simple choice of fried Chicken strips......fries.....and a piece of toast.  Long story ....short, he was shot down by the profs.  Not so much for the presentation, but the concept stunk.  He made an "D" on the paper that he turned in.  He kept the idea in his head just to see it through.  Worked as a welder on boilers, then as a Salmon fisherman in Alaska just to raise money for his first store. He along with Craig Silvay opened there 1st restaurant at the corner of Highland and State  street just outside the North gates of campus on August 28, 1996.  The special secret sauce is what made it work.  By 2008, Raisin Canes is over 100 restaurants with over 100 million in sales.  Todd moved the corporate offices to Dallas last year, but keeps a fairly large set-up here.  I'm gonna guess he's worth around 50-60 million by now.

#12 2018-02-27 21:18:03 - Raisin Canes chicken fingers

AndreWhere (1252)

Those people take chicken way too seriously.

Chicken isn't too hard to cook. Just broil or fry it until it doesn't taste like chicken anymore.

Board footer