CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-09 13:15:37 - Baseball rankings

AndreWhere (1252)

Baseball rankings

Unchanged from last week at #12 and #13.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2018-04-09 14:51:14 - Baseball rankings

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: Baseball rankings

At some point the voters will see us for who we are right now......overrated.

We are not a top 15 team.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2018-04-09 16:51:46 - Baseball rankings

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Baseball rankings

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

At some point the voters will see us for who we are right now......overrated.

We are not a top 15 team.

I kind of expected USM to fall a bit this week. That said, I guess you have to look at who the competition is for a spot in the top 15. If we're not top 15, who else is?

In Baseball America, Oregon State is one spot above us at #11. They have not played a ranked team. They were 3-2 last week and have been 4-2 in weekend series.

USM on the other hand is 3-2 against ranked teams (I'm assuming that means "ranked at the time"), was 3-2 last week, and is 7-0 in weekend series.

At #13 we have Kentucky. They're 5-5 versus ranked teams, 3-1 last week, and have gone 4-2 in weekend series.

I draw a couple of conclusions from that. First, USM is getting a bit more credit for that sweep of Mississippi State from the polls than from the fans. I'm not issuing a verdict on that one; State is not great, but remember that Beagle said the Eagles would be "lucky to score a run" against State. And that dude makes spreadsheets and shit about USM baseball.

Second, the polls are more concerned with resume than potential. We can look at the pitching lineup, for example, and say that it's not that good. The pollsters are just looking at the results, though.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer