CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-16 10:08:47 - Updated D1 Baseball Poll

Nugget's Ghostbuster (322)

Updated D1 Baseball Poll

As expected we fell in the latest polls.......

All of one spot.....from 13 to 14

I don’t understand baseball rankings. ECU loses 2/3 to top 40 USF and drops 5 spots. Ole Miss crushes a top 13 team, crushes #15 Vandy on Friday, but loses the next two by one run in each loss and falls 6 spots?  Based on their logic we can just win CUSA series and remain nationally ranked for the remainder of the year.

"When Nugget II was found dead that cold December morning, Southern Miss had a serious problem on its hands. The handler who starved Nugget II is presumably still out there, his freedom bought for $2,000 from alumni coffers."

#2 2018-04-16 19:00:42 - Updated D1 Baseball Poll

AndreWhere (374)
Website

Re: Updated D1 Baseball Poll

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

As expected we fell in the latest polls.......

All of one spot.....from 13 to 14

I don’t understand baseball rankings. ECU loses 2/3 to top 40 USF and drops 5 spots. Ole Miss crushes a top 13 team, crushes #15 Vandy on Friday, but loses the next two by one run in each loss and falls 6 spots?  Based on their logic we can just win CUSA series and remain nationally ranked for the remainder of the year.

Voters do seem to attach a lot of importance to "winning the series." There's a certain logic to it, I guess. One loss surrounded by wins isn't much of a signal in a game like baseball.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer