CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-19 11:15:40 - Dawson Contract

Nugget's Ghostbuster (599)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 2,427

Dawson Contract

UK owed Dawson the remaining $1.375 million on his contract, which runs through June 2018, but this was slightly lowered according to his salary at USM. We have been paying Dawson $50K per season.

Has his new deal been finalized? Has Munz even asked the question on Dawsons status past June? Find is very odd that this has yet to be discussed officially. Having us go through a change in OC this summer will absolutely negatively impact our offense next season.




Unless...........

We have a plan......to bring back a USM grad this summer.......in a role that will equally help both parties......

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F621956098-georgia-southern-v-mississippi.jpg.jpg&c=sc&w=850&h=560


"In this edition of To The Top, I'll share how I spent Eagle Club donations on a 7-day wilderness experience on the Superior Hiking Trail in northern Minnesota."

Offline

#2 2018-04-19 11:46:12 - Dawson Contract

AndreWhere (612)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,220

Re: Dawson Contract

Should be interesting to find out exactly how half-assed the OC plan turns out to be. The media coverage has definitely been half-assed.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#3 2018-04-19 12:57:58 - Dawson Contract

EagleFWB (70)
Member
Registered: 2017-12-05
Posts: 186

Re: Dawson Contract

I don't understand why it's been so under the radar either. We've known this was coming and we know we aren't going to be able to pay him what UK did or only 50K. We did hire UABs OC a few months ago, but they were cutting ties with him so I sure hope that isn't the plan.

Offline

#4 2018-04-19 13:19:25 - Dawson Contract

Nugget's Ghostbuster (599)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 2,427

Re: Dawson Contract

I wish Southern Miss would extend an offer to Freeze as an analyst or something on offense. He is a graduate of Southern Miss so as far as the PR play it’s easier to defend since he is one of our own. It’s came out that the SEC told Saban not to hire him. If Petrino can do a year at WKU and Kiffin can do a few seasons at FAU we should be considering Freeze to use USM as his starting point back to college football.

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2018-04-19 13:19:56)


"In this edition of To The Top, I'll share how I spent Eagle Club donations on a 7-day wilderness experience on the Superior Hiking Trail in northern Minnesota."

Offline

#5 2018-04-19 13:26:18 - Dawson Contract

Black Diamond Reb (219)
Member
From: Palmers Crossing, Mississippi
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 811

Re: Dawson Contract

EagleFWB wrote:

Hope isn't the plan.

Isn't it always?


"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

Online

#6 2018-04-19 17:25:41 - Dawson Contract

99beers (241)
Member
From: Uranus
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,206

Re: Dawson Contract

Ill take him. We ain’t got money for hookers!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Online

Liked by:

#7 2018-04-19 19:03:45 - Dawson Contract

AndreWhere (612)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,220

Re: Dawson Contract

99beers wrote:

We ain’t got money for hookers!

I reckon that depends on the quality thereof, but I'd have no problem seeing Freeze in a coordinator role at USM. He's had his comeuppance. There's no reason he should be permanently exiled from football.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#8 2018-04-19 21:05:56 - Dawson Contract

Nugget's Ghostbuster (599)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 2,427

Re: Dawson Contract

Maybe we just get Hugh a bunch of gift cards for O’Charleys to sweeten the deal........


"In this edition of To The Top, I'll share how I spent Eagle Club donations on a 7-day wilderness experience on the Superior Hiking Trail in northern Minnesota."

Offline

#9 2018-04-19 21:14:46 - Dawson Contract

AndreWhere (612)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,220

Re: Dawson Contract

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Maybe we just get Hugh a bunch of gift cards for O’Charleys to sweeten the deal........

Y'all joke, but that place is thick with gold-diggers.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#10 2018-04-19 21:34:40 - Dawson Contract

Mao Tse-gore (67)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 220

Re: Dawson Contract

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

I wish Southern Miss would extend an offer to Freeze as an analyst or something on offense. He is a graduate of Southern Miss so as far as the PR play it’s easier to defend since he is one of our own. It’s came out that the SEC told Saban not to hire him. If Petrino can do a year at WKU and Kiffin can do a few seasons at FAU we should be considering Freeze to use USM as his starting point back to college football.

What do we have to lose?


We still suck bigtime.

Offline

#11 2018-04-19 22:10:11 - Dawson Contract

AndreWhere (612)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,220

Re: Dawson Contract

Mao Tse-gore wrote:
Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

I wish Southern Miss would extend an offer to Freeze as an analyst or something on offense. He is a graduate of Southern Miss so as far as the PR play it’s easier to defend since he is one of our own. It’s came out that the SEC told Saban not to hire him. If Petrino can do a year at WKU and Kiffin can do a few seasons at FAU we should be considering Freeze to use USM as his starting point back to college football.

What do we have to lose?

https://youtu.be/QZGeU83K6Do?t=175


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#12 2018-04-20 08:05:38 - Dawson Contract

tg300 (293)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 905

Re: Dawson Contract

AndreWhere wrote:
99beers wrote:

We ain’t got money for hookers!

I reckon that depends on the quality thereof, but I'd have no problem seeing Freeze in a coordinator role at USM. He's had his comeuppance. There's no reason he should be permanently exiled from football.

We should be hounding Freeze daily until he submits.

Get him through his probation period, then ship Hop to the Top to Oxford.

One could only dream.

Offline

#13 2018-04-20 09:17:04 - Dawson Contract

stinkfist (354)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,883

Re: Dawson Contract

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

UK owed Dawson the remaining $1.375 million on his contract, which runs through June 2018, but this was slightly lowered according to his salary at USM. We have been paying Dawson $50K per season.

Has his new deal been finalized? Has Munz even asked the question on Dawsons status past June? Find is very odd that this has yet to be discussed officially. Having us go through a change in OC this summer will absolutely negatively impact our offense next season.




Unless...........

We have a plan......to bring back a USM grad this summer.......in a role that will equally help both parties......

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F621956098-georgia-southern-v-mississippi.jpg.jpg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

I don't know if munzly is more of a homer fag than coxie......

they're both poosies when it comes to journo integrity......

Last edited by stinkfist (2018-04-20 09:17:39)


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#14 2018-04-20 09:21:34 - Dawson Contract

stinkfist (354)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,883

Re: Dawson Contract

99beers wrote:

Ill take him. We ain’t got money for hookers!

....or a 12-pack wink


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#15 2018-04-20 10:11:20 - Dawson Contract

99beers (241)
Member
From: Uranus
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,206

Re: Dawson Contract

Ain’t sniffed the burg......


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Online

#16 2018-04-27 20:05:37 - Dawson Contract

AndreWhere (612)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,220

Re: Dawson Contract

Any news on this? Getting pretty close to the zero hour. Surely the plan is not to just let his contract run out the summer and then quietly elevate someone else... right?

OK, that's probably the plan.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

Board footer