CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2018-07-18 08:16:23 - OT: FAU Facilities

Fighting eagle (114)

Re: OT: FAU Facilities

Many reasons to leave but the biggest now is the conference itself. I have no interest in paying to watch us play a bunch of teams from the Southwest and Northeast.

#22 2018-07-18 10:00:01 - OT: FAU Facilities

Bleacher Eagle (44)

Fighting eagle wrote:

I have no interest in paying to watch us play a bunch of teams from the Southwest and Northeast.

I too would prefer a much more geographically friendly conference.

Southwest:
South Alabama
Southern Miss
La Lafayette
La Tech
Rice
North Texas
UTSA

Northeast:
Arkansas State
Western Kentucky
MTSU
UAB
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Appy State

newConf.jpg

Last edited by Bleacher Eagle (2018-07-18 11:28:33)

#23 2018-07-18 10:48:47 - OT: FAU Facilities

AndreWhere (1252)

Bleacher Eagle wrote:
Fighting eagle wrote:

I have no interest in paying to watch us play a bunch of teams from the Southwest and Northeast.

Southwest:
South Alabama
Southern Miss
La Lafayette
La Tech
Rice
North Texas
UTSA

Northeast:
Arkansas State
Western Kentucky
MTSU
UAB
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Troy

newConf.jpg

I used to object to some of those schools, but at this point I think GA State and ULL (among others) would be preferable to the FxU twins. Pretty sick of the Lane Kiffin show for example.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#24 2018-07-18 11:11:46 - OT: FAU Facilities

99beers (303)

I left after Fedora left.  He took all the excitement with him and left us for shit. 

I will return when our clueless adminstration has a PLAN.   Starting with getting us out of this fucked up piece of shit thing they call a conference. 

They must acknowledge that we have been left behind, we are stuck in a shitty conference, and do something about it.  It's really that simple.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#25 2018-07-18 11:24:48 - OT: FAU Facilities

Bleacher Eagle (44)

AndreWhere wrote:

I used to object to some of those schools

A division with South Alabama, Southern Miss, La Lafayette, La Tech & Rice would be one of the best divisions in all of college baseball.

UAB, MTSU & WKU would make for a solid basketball division as well.

I think football would be pretty solid across the entire league, with the exception of Rice.

#26 2018-07-18 11:48:56 - OT: FAU Facilities

Lloydlake (139)

99beers wrote:

I left after Fedora left.  He took all the excitement with him and left us for shit. 

I will return when our clueless adminstration has a PLAN.   Starting with getting us out of this fucked up piece of shit thing they call a conference. 

They must acknowledge that we have been left behind, we are stuck in a shitty conference, and do something about it.  It's really that simple.

Same story here.
Had we hired anyone else other than EJ, we would be light years ahead of where we are now. We are still paying for that mistake.

#27 2018-07-18 12:18:15 - OT: FAU Facilities

AndreWhere (1252)

I was at EJ's first home game. That was one of the best crowds I've ever seen at M.M. Roberts. There are- for now- plenty of people who'd come back if we could ever undo all the damage that's been done since then.

#28 2018-07-18 12:18:59 - OT: FAU Facilities

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Bleacher Eagle wrote:

I think SUNWACUSA 4.0 would be pretty solid with South Alabama, Southern Miss, La Lafayette, La Tech, UAB, MTSU & WKU & Rice.

Good God.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Liked by:

#29 2018-07-18 12:45:22 - OT: FAU Facilities

Ace Barker (260)
Website

AndreWhere wrote:
Bleacher Eagle wrote:
Fighting eagle wrote:

Southwest:
South Alabama
Southern Miss
La Lafayette
La Tech
Rice
North Texas
UTSA

Northeast:
Arkansas State
Western Kentucky
MTSU
UAB
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Troy

newConf.jpg

I used to object to some of those schools, but at this point I think GA State and ULL (among others) would be preferable to the FxU twins. Pretty sick of the Lane Kiffin show for example.

This is G's plan. To me it is part of the reason there was no push push to get USM in the AAC with the schools we had played for years. He will probably the commissioner. It may help. Who knows? USM is not relevant in CUSA anymore.

Ace...

#30 2018-07-18 12:59:55 - OT: FAU Facilities

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Had a lengthy discussion last night with a good friend that is negotiating with Judy and crew on a new sponsorship deal. He has been working on it for a while. He was caught off by the fact that schools like FAU don't draw even with Kiffin and new facilities on the table. I shared the Sun Herald article about last seasons attendance figures and he was even more surprised by the numbers. It isn't as simple as winning anymore. With so many sports options across so many phone and tablet screens, millennials are watching fewer games and quitting them faster and simply don't commit to attending smaller college games with their limited finances. If I had $40 and was close to Miami, I will open a bar tab on South Beach first and look at my phone for the FAU score vs sitting on those metal bleachers with a date to watch my school play Charlotte or ODU. Its that simple. Look at Colorado St and what they did with their new stadium. They built a friggin beer patio and sold 1,200 memberships at $200 apiece for access to the porch on game days. That’s on top of the $225 charge for season tickets and Ram Club memberships of $100, $300 or $500 per seat, depending on location. They get it........

You have to think outside of new speakers and power washing to draw todays students and young alumni. I have yet to hear one damn thing from Dilbert on how he is addressing the changing fanbase. CUSA does nothing but provide convenience for filling a schedule. Independence is the second step to fixing this mess not joining another bad regional conference. Everyone would be happy playing 4 home games again as long as our road schedule has 5-6 P5 schools on it that are paying cash. The first step is getting new leadership, not a camping guide.

Look at the 93 schedule as a guide for what is possible if we go Independent......I will take this every year over our current CUSA crap.......

Pitt, Bama, Auburn, UGA, Louisville, La Monroe, La Laf, ECU, Tulane, Tulsa, Memphis......only 4 home games....

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2018-07-18 13:14:48)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#31 2018-07-18 13:24:36 - OT: FAU Facilities

Fighting eagle (114)

http://www.espn.com/watch/roadblock?id= … t-division

Interviews of USM coaches and players start at 2;30.

#32 2018-07-18 13:31:57 - OT: FAU Facilities

AndreWhere (1252)

Dilbert cares first about the student-athletes themselves. Anything else is a distant second. I'm sure he made that clear to Bennett when he interviewed.

That's noble but also misguided. At USM's level the best thing you can do for many of the athletes is to set them up for success in pro sports, and that's a realm where singing Kumbaya around the campfire doesn't get you too far.

#33 2018-07-18 13:34:35 - OT: FAU Facilities

Fighting eagle (114)

USM was given an invite back in 2013/14 when General Hammond was the interim for a 5 million dollar entrance fee. From my talks with some other circle of champion members he declined telling them we didn't have the money. Even though there were plenty of people who would have ponied up the money to match that figure. I was gone before this. This has proven to be a major mistake.

Liked by:

#34 2018-07-18 13:35:25 - OT: FAU Facilities

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Fighting eagle wrote:

http://www.espn.com/watch/roadblock?id= … t-division

Interviews of USM coaches and players start at 2;30.

Dude interviewing Hop is straight reading from his notebook......doesn't even look at Hop when he is answering his question.....

This is pathetic.

Did like Hops answer saying we are more talented at RB this season. You don't hear about Payne and I believe he will be a big factor this season.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#35 2018-07-18 13:50:06 - OT: FAU Facilities

Fighting eagle (114)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Had a lengthy discussion last night with a good friend that is negotiating with Judy and crew on a new sponsorship deal. He has been working on it for a while. He was caught off by the fact that schools like FAU don't draw even with Kiffin and new facilities on the table. I shared the Sun Herald article about last seasons attendance figures and he was even more surprised by the numbers. It isn't as simple as winning anymore. With so many sports options across so many phone and tablet screens, millennials are watching fewer games and quitting them faster and simply don't commit to attending smaller college games with their limited finances. If I had $40 and was close to Miami, I will open a bar tab on South Beach first and look at my phone for the FAU score vs sitting on those metal bleachers with a date to watch my school play Charlotte or ODU. Its that simple. Look at Colorado St and what they did with their new stadium. They built a friggin beer patio and sold 1,200 memberships at $200 apiece for access to the porch on game days. That’s on top of the $225 charge for season tickets and Ram Club memberships of $100, $300 or $500 per seat, depending on location. They get it........

You have to think outside of new speakers and power washing to draw todays students and young alumni. I have yet to hear one damn thing from Dilbert on how he is addressing the changing fanbase. CUSA does nothing but provide convenience for filling a schedule. Independence is the second step to fixing this mess not joining another bad regional conference. Everyone would be happy playing 4 home games again as long as our road schedule has 5-6 P5 schools on it that are paying cash. The first step is getting new leadership, not a camping guide.

Look at the 93 schedule as a guide for what is possible if we go Independent......I will take this every year over our current CUSA crap.......

Pitt, Bama, Auburn, UGA, Louisville, La Monroe, La Laf, ECU, Tulane, Tulsa, Memphis......only 4 home games....

That huge concrete patio Area in front of the luxury boxes was supposedly built like that with a party area in mind. But they do nothing with it for some reason. Wasted space and a ton of potrntial money left to just gather mildew.

#36 2018-07-18 13:58:57 - OT: FAU Facilities

Fighting eagle (114)

More lipstick being put on the pig at Reed green now. Sun herald has the story and pictures.

#37 2018-07-18 14:14:03 - OT: FAU Facilities

skyvoyager (177)

Fighting eagle wrote:

USM was given an invite back in 2013/14 when General Hammond was the interim for a 5 million dollar entrance fee. From my talks with some other circle of champion members he declined telling them we didn't have the money. Even though there were plenty of people who would have ponied up the money to match that figure. I was gone before this. This has proven to be a major mistake.

Have not heard that story before but if true we could have worked out a deal.

Other schools have offered to take a smaller share of the revenue sharing/TV money for the first 2-3 years
just to 'buy-in' to a conference.

Again if true, the Hammond/Ellis/Martha debacle gets worse as time goes on.

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#38 2018-07-18 14:21:06 - OT: FAU Facilities

Fighting eagle (114)

skyvoyager wrote:
Fighting eagle wrote:

Other schools have offered to take a smaller share of the revenue sharing/TV money for the first 2-3 years

Yes this is absolutely true. I spoke with 2 of the coc members who directly spoke with Hammond about this. After buying out Johnson Hammond felt like we needed to concentrate on gathering funds rather than asking for more from donors for this. His mistake was assuming and under estimating the need to escape this conference.

Liked by:

#39 2018-07-18 14:53:16 - OT: FAU Facilities

AndreWhere (1252)

Ace Barker wrote:

This is G's plan. He will probably the commissioner.

That guy really was in a league of his own, heh heh.

#40 2018-07-18 14:58:44 - OT: FAU Facilities

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Fighting eagle wrote:
skyvoyager wrote:
Fighting eagle wrote:

Yes this is absolutely true. I spoke with 2 of the coc members who directly spoke with Hammond about this. After buying out Johnson Hammond felt like we needed to concentrate on gathering funds rather than asking for more from donors for this. His mistake was assuming and under estimating the need to escape this conference.

I was told Hammond did contact the AAC twice and was told they were not interested in USM. Who knows how he approached them?  He could be a handful based on his interview for the job and how he treated others. One story I was told was the AAC told Hammond they would take Rice next because the Houston market was large enough to add them. Obviously that did not happen so who really knows? Who also knows what his former boss was saying as well?

Ace...

Last edited by Ace Barker (2018-07-18 15:00:09)

Board footer