CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-19 23:33:37 - To The Top Talk 12/19/18- Southern Miss Signing Day

BoxingEagle (69)

To The Top Talk 12/19/18- Southern Miss Signing Day

Southern Miss Football Signing Day Edition of To The Top Talk up now!  #SMTTT

Click here if you have iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/12- … 77660&mt=2

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/tothetoptalk/tttt121918

#2 2018-12-21 22:01:03 - To The Top Talk 12/19/18- Southern Miss Signing Day

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: To The Top Talk 12/19/18- Southern Miss Signing Day

Most of this episode was an optimistic take on the signing class and a similarly enthusiastic report about the interim AD.

One thing mentioned that I have not seen commented on here is that USM football lost a position coach (Coach Hicks, defensive halfbacks?) to Charlotte. I really don't think it's sustainable for a program to continually have assistant coaches poached within the conference. Beyond what that says about the relative value of jobs at one school vs. its supposed peer, there's also the issue of insider information traveling the wrong way.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-12-21 22:10:55 - To The Top Talk 12/19/18- Southern Miss Signing Day

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

AndreWhere wrote:

Most of this episode was an optimistic take on the signing class and a similarly enthusiastic report about the interim AD.

One thing mentioned that I have not seen commented on here is that USM football lost a position coach (Coach Hicks, defensive halfbacks?) to Charlotte. I really don't think it's sustainable for a program to continually have assistant coaches poached within the conference. Beyond what that says about the relative value of jobs at one school vs. its supposed peer, there's also the issue of insider information traveling the wrong way.

I agree but many of us were concerned last season when Lane took our D coordinator and we ended up with one of the top defensive units in the country and FAU finished close to the 100th ranked unit. It doesn’t always impact negatively.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#4 2018-12-21 23:14:10 - To The Top Talk 12/19/18- Southern Miss Signing Day

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

I agree but many of us were concerned last season when Lane took our D coordinator and we ended up with one of the top defensive units in the country and FAU finished close to the 100th ranked unit. It doesn’t always impact negatively.

That was the other loss I was thinking of. It has not had any obvious negative effect in the short term, but in the medium to long term I think it is a very scary trend.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2018-12-22 08:18:49 - To The Top Talk 12/19/18- Southern Miss Signing Day

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Bottom line is we need staff stability and need to keep the current coaches in place for next season, although that’s highly unlikely. The trade off if we fired Dawson we would not have the top QB from Tennessee that held an offer from UGA right now and that’s reality. Defense needs to be our bread and butter and if the new OL is solid Tre and the running backs will beat Troy, win 7 in conference and get us to a December teens game on a Thursday afternoon in the Bahamas with Laura Rutledge on the sidelines next season.

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2018-12-22 08:19:16)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Board footer