CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-02 21:23:00 - SEC Welfare

TheChosenOne (162)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-26
Posts: 487

SEC Welfare

And you thought CUSA payout was low. Damn SWAC money


Brett McMurphy
Brett McMurphy
@Brett_McMurphy
·
Feb 1
SEC announces each school received $43.1 million in 2017-18 fiscal year, not including bowl money. That’s an increase from “only” $40.9 million per SEC school from 2016-17

Offline

#2 2019-02-02 21:48:14 - SEC Welfare

stinkfist (485)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,365

Re: SEC Welfare

welcome to how the real world operates....

unless warren hood steps up his game like a Carnegie, we're fucked....it's been bending for decades....

the rest of the world simply caught up with us during the last version of 'tectonic shifting'....

where's beers stupid winn-dixie arse when you need him???


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#3 2019-02-02 22:36:51 - SEC Welfare

AndreWhere (896)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 6,890

Re: SEC Welfare

Football isn't expensive. Coaches make a lot of money, but you'll get that money back with interest if you spend it. Stadiums can get expensive, but tickets are sold at a "prophet." There is money to be made in college football, if that's your mission, but I'm afraid that's just not USM's mission right now, as determined by the people running it.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#4 2019-02-02 22:41:17 - SEC Welfare

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1053)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 3,912

Re: SEC Welfare

GA Tech is going to run with a 6 million dollar deficit this year. UCONN is $40 million in the hole. Doesn’t matter if you are in a better conference. I’d rather USM be the Dave Ramsey of college football.


"Pressure washers are great for removing deep-seated dirt, grease, peeling paint and even graffiti from concrete, asphalt, siding, decks, lawn furniture, garbage cans, boats and trailers, and outdoor power equipment." - Jon Dilbert, ECU AD

Offline

#5 2019-02-02 22:53:46 - SEC Welfare

stinkfist (485)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,365

Re: SEC Welfare

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

GA Tech is going to run with a 6 million dollar deficit this year. UCONN is $40 million in the hole. Doesn’t matter if you are in a better conference. I’d rather USM be the Dave Ramsey of college football.

sounds a lot like our gooberment, eh?

unfortunately, nobody is willing to subsidize the buzzards to point of accumulating Aaa rated debt in TTT land....

go figure....


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#6 2019-02-05 13:02:34 - SEC Welfare

SoMs Eagle (68)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 328

Re: SEC Welfare

stinkfist wrote:

welcome to how the real world operates....

unless warren hood steps up his game like a Carnegie, we're fucked....it's been bending for decades....

the rest of the world simply caught up with us during the last version of 'tectonic shifting'....

where's beers stupid winn-dixie arse when you need him???

Warren Hood’s money goes to Hail Mistake. I don’t think we get any. Or not much.

Offline

#7 2019-02-05 13:33:01 - SEC Welfare

stinkfist (485)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,365

Re: SEC Welfare

SoMs Eagle wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

welcome to how the real world operates....

unless warren hood steps up his game like a Carnegie, we're fucked....it's been bending for decades....

the rest of the world simply caught up with us during the last version of 'tectonic shifting'....

where's beers stupid winn-dixie arse when you need him???

Warren Hood’s money goes to Hail Mistake. I don’t think we get any. Or not much.

his wife gave us tennis courts along with backing a Viator probation...how in the fuck do you get your tennis program put on probation....

IMO, it's a sin WH won't come off a handful of MM/annually to help MM empty become somewhat full again...

I'm fairly certain he's one of the wealthiest in the 'sip....

it's not my money, but he gets a sarcastic pat on the back for living in the 'burg with that tight pocket....

a few million to subsidize corching salaries would do wonders in today's schema of being 130th in our stagnant 'more with less' budget...


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

Board footer