CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-01 09:35:12 - Not a good week for CUSA

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1053)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 3,912

Not a good week for CUSA

schools......La Tech with the tornado and now UNCC with a shooter on campus. Apparently yesterday was the last day of school on campus. Kid just walked into a building and opened fire, killing two and injuring four.

Not sure what the hell is going on in this world or what the root cause is for these mental issues but you can't go to a school, a church or even a movie theater without concern for your family.


"Pressure washers are great for removing deep-seated dirt, grease, peeling paint and even graffiti from concrete, asphalt, siding, decks, lawn furniture, garbage cans, boats and trailers, and outdoor power equipment." - Jon Dilbert, ECU AD

Offline

#2 2019-05-01 10:44:51 - Not a good week for CUSA

stinkfist (485)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,365

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

maybe it's social shit-stupid cray cray

maybe it's soy

maybe the crazy have always existed

maybe, I'm immunized...

the pussies grow in numbers...that's a given


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#3 2019-05-01 11:49:24 - Not a good week for CUSA

Black Diamond Reb (299)
Member
From: Palmers Crossing, Mississippi
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 985

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

You can't go to a school, a church or even a movie theater without concern.

The latter two are easily avoided, and anything of interest in the former can be watched on an app. All three can as far as that goes. Maybe that's part of the problem.


"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Offline

#4 2019-05-01 13:01:38 - Not a good week for CUSA

Nugget's Ghost (32)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 48

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

...I haven't stepped foot in a movie theatre since 2007...I avoid church religiously and left school in the late 80s...so, nobody is gonna shoot the Nuggy.

Offline

#5 2019-05-01 14:26:42 - Not a good week for CUSA

Mao Tse-gore (147)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 394

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

When was the last "good" week?


We still suck bigtime.

If it's bad they're for it, if it's good they're against it - democrats!

Offline

x 1
x 0

#6 2019-05-01 16:41:20 - Not a good week for CUSA

stinkfist (485)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,365

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

When was the last "good" week?

Metro and v.1?  wink


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

Liked by:

#7 2019-05-02 07:23:51 - Not a good week for CUSA

tg300 (414)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,115

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

When was the last "good" week?

Better question, has there ever been a good week in COOOSSSSA 2.0 or 3.0?

Offline

#8 2019-05-02 07:39:14 - Not a good week for CUSA

AndreWhere (896)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 6,890

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

stinkfist wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

When was the last "good" week?

Metro and v.1?  wink

Blowing out Pitt in Memphis in '97.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#9 2019-05-02 10:22:25 - Not a good week for CUSA

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1053)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 3,912

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

When was the last "good" week?

Metro and v.1?  wink

Blowing out Pitt in Memphis in '97.

Cold game.....Pitt had no business being there.......and they showed it


"Pressure washers are great for removing deep-seated dirt, grease, peeling paint and even graffiti from concrete, asphalt, siding, decks, lawn furniture, garbage cans, boats and trailers, and outdoor power equipment." - Jon Dilbert, ECU AD

Offline

#10 2019-05-02 13:39:44 - Not a good week for CUSA

Mao Tse-gore (147)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 394

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

Actually, I, and perhaps others, never appreciated how good it was before the 05-06 realignment.

Actually, I, and perhaps others, never appreciated how good it was before the 13-14 realignment.

Actually, I, and perhaps others, never appreciated how good it was before the 14-15 realignment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conferenc … ealignment
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.dribbble.com%2Fusers%2F1592949%2Fscreenshots%2F3782246%2Fmississippi-flag.gif&f=1


We still suck bigtime.

If it's bad they're for it, if it's good they're against it - democrats!

Offline

#11 2019-05-02 15:49:12 - Not a good week for CUSA

Black Diamond Reb (299)
Member
From: Palmers Crossing, Mississippi
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 985

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

AndreWhere wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

When was the last "good" week?

1997.

tenor.gif?itemid=3864008


"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Offline

#12 2019-05-02 19:42:07 - Not a good week for CUSA

AndreWhere (896)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 6,890

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Actually, I, and perhaps others, never appreciated how good it was before the 05-06 realignment.

Actually, I, and perhaps others, never appreciated how good it was before the 13-14 realignment.

Actually, I, and perhaps others, never appreciated how good it was before the 14-15 realignment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conferenc … ealignment
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.dribbble.com%2Fusers%2F1592949%2Fscreenshots%2F3782246%2Fmississippi-flag.gif&f=1

If you just look at the schools and their teams, C-USA was as solid as anything else outside the BCS system until Memphis and Houston left.

But C-USA was never a "good conference." Absolutely no one other than Giannini had any enthusiasm about C-USA or its future.

There were never real exit fees, either. What kind of a conference doesn't have exit fees?  The Metro didn't even have real revenue sharing... this grouping, whether called "Metro" or "Liberty Bowl Alliance" or anything else was never going to be a real conference.

Really wonder whether Louisville or TCU even have any C-USA banners hanging. I doubt it.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#13 2019-05-02 22:24:55 - Not a good week for CUSA

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1053)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 3,912

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

Even Army knew when to get the hell out of Dodge.......


"Pressure washers are great for removing deep-seated dirt, grease, peeling paint and even graffiti from concrete, asphalt, siding, decks, lawn furniture, garbage cans, boats and trailers, and outdoor power equipment." - Jon Dilbert, ECU AD

Offline

#14 2019-05-03 07:20:50 - Not a good week for CUSA

tg300 (414)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,115

Re: Not a good week for CUSA

AndreWhere wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Actually, I, and perhaps others, never appreciated how good it was before the 05-06 realignment.

Actually, I, and perhaps others, never appreciated how good it was before the 13-14 realignment.

Actually, I, and perhaps others, never appreciated how good it was before the 14-15 realignment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conferenc … ealignment
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.dribbble.com%2Fusers%2F1592949%2Fscreenshots%2F3782246%2Fmississippi-flag.gif&f=1

If you just look at the schools and their teams, C-USA was as solid as anything else outside the BCS system until Memphis and Houston left.

But C-USA was never a "good conference." Absolutely no one other than Giannini had any enthusiasm about C-USA or its future.

There were never real exit fees, either. What kind of a conference doesn't have exit fees?  The Metro didn't even have real revenue sharing... this grouping, whether called "Metro" or "Liberty Bowl Alliance" or anything else was never going to be a real conference.

Really wonder whether Louisville or TCU even have any C-USA banners hanging. I doubt it.

You used Gmumble and enthusiasm in the same sentence.

Offline

Board footer