CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-10 11:51:36 - Softball Coach Gone

TheChosenOne (295)

Softball Coach Gone

Good Afternoon Golden Eagles,

I hope this message finds you well. We have had some significant news in the athletics department today, so I wanted to make sure you heard from me. As you may have already heard, Wendy Hogue decided to step down from her position as our head softball coach today. Wendy has done a fantastic job of leading our program over the past five years, and has put us back on solid footing to compete for championships. I am very thankful for her time and commitment to Southern Miss and the student-athletes within our program.

To be clear, we wanted Wendy to continue to serve as our head coach. However, she felt strongly that it was in the best interest of her family to step away from D1 coaching (click here to see full press release). While I am personally disappointed to not have the opportunity to work with Wendy again, I have the utmost respect for her decision to put her family first in this decision making process. She will be missed, but there is no doubt that she has left the program better than she found it! For that we will always be thankful.

A national search for a new leader for our softball program will begin immediately.

To The Top!

Jeremy McClain
Director of Athletics

#2 2019-05-10 12:38:40 - Softball Coach Gone

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: Softball Coach Gone

Dear Jeremy,

No need for a national search. Just hop in your car and drive to Lafayette and grab the #7 Cajuns assistant coach, Lacy Prejean. In a little over 3 hours you can have their top recruiter, who happens to be a former two time college world series participant and a former US National Team member. Knowing that ULL can't be paying her that much cash you should be able to afford her.

You're Welcome.

Sincerely,

NGB

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2019-05-10 20:12:26 - Softball Coach Gone

Nugget's Ghost (175)

Dear Major League;

It's a woman's sport. Nobody gives a shit.

sincerely;
Real Men.

#4 2019-05-10 20:28:10 - Softball Coach Gone

True.....

Could be wrong but I believe it’s the highest end of season ranking we have ever achieved in any sport at USM. Found it weird that Courtney Blades now has a daughter that is going to college on a softball scholarship and will be playing for Lu Harris at UGA

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#5 2019-05-11 08:18:17 - Softball Coach Gone

Saw where Abby Trahan has entered the transfer portal and is also leaving Southern Miss.....that will make it 3 schools for her in 3 years......

Something must have happened with Coach........I wonder if she demanded a significant raise and Jeremy said no after he chuckled......women can’t keep a secret long so I’m sure someone’s dear diary post will make its way to social media in 5,4,3,2......

Elena-Gilbert-tv-female-characters-31433007-476-319.gif

#6 2019-05-11 09:15:30 - Softball Coach Gone

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghost wrote:

Dear Major League;

It's a woman's sport. Nobody gives a shit.

sincerely;
Real Men.

"Dear Mr. Minus..."

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#7 2019-05-11 09:19:56 - Softball Coach Gone

Black Diamond Reb (418)

She's allegedly going to Petal High. Congrats to her for the upgrade.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#8 2019-05-14 21:01:09 - Softball Coach Gone

D6kaeeFWwAAcUs1?format=jpg&name=large

#9 2019-05-14 21:29:57 - Softball Coach Gone

AndreWhere (1252)

I think the coach at NC State coached Abby Trahan in JuCo or something.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#10 2019-05-15 08:35:04 - Softball Coach Gone

AndreWhere wrote:

I think the coach at NC State coached Abby Trahan in JuCo or something.

Didn’t know that. I guess if you don’t want to be here might as well get out of dodge quick. BDR called it with the Petal gig for our coach. Guess Jeremy is earning his paycheck between basketball and softball out of the gate. Would love it if Berry gets a job back in Missouri and we have another opening in the next 30 days for Jeremy to fill.....

Board footer