CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#13 2019-09-07 21:26:24 - Boxing Eagle Thoughts.....

SoMs Eagle (88)

Re: Boxing Eagle Thoughts.....

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
BoxingEagle wrote:

Is Hopson the answer long term? It’s hard to say at this point but I’m not going to judge him against a team that has every single advantage over us..

Good observations regarding some of the positives from the game. I promise I am not sizing up Hops performance only on how we played against an average State team in Y4. I don’t see how it’s hard to say at this point if Hop is the right leader. His biggest win was game 1 in 2016. We have only dominated UTEP, Rice and one game against Charlotte under Hop over the last three seasons(FBS only). I want the same thing you want for this program. I am looking for something.......anything......to show me we are trending in the right direction. I’m not seeing it and man I’m looking really hard.....

What do you consider “trending in the right direction”?
Realistically we will never beat another $EC team. It ain’t happening. Now we could still win this crappy league but if one looks at it realistically what advantage do we have over any of them?  They all have bigger and growing budgets. They all have excited fans who don’t have the scar tissue we do. And don’t forget the Troys of the world think beating us is some kind of positive thing. We are who we are and it ain’t getting no better.....

#14 2019-09-07 21:46:13 - Boxing Eagle Thoughts.....

AndreWhere (934)

I was already a Hopson skeptic.  I did not expect a victory, but what was disconcerting today was the sloppiness.

If you want to reach your potential you have to do the little things right, like punting, kicking, and handing off.

Hop has recruited well. This team is fast- maybe as fast as any USM team in 20+ years. The team has talent. Today's game should have been closer.

Maybe I realized it before, but the fact that this team's weakness is coaching came into sharp focus today.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#15 2019-09-07 21:56:01 - Boxing Eagle Thoughts.....

TheChosenOne (178)

SoMs Eagle wrote:
Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
BoxingEagle wrote:

Is Hopson the answer long term? It’s hard to say at this point but I’m not going to judge him against a team that has every single advantage over us..

Good observations regarding some of the positives from the game. I promise I am not sizing up Hops performance only on how we played against an average State team in Y4. I don’t see how it’s hard to say at this point if Hop is the right leader. His biggest win was game 1 in 2016. We have only dominated UTEP, Rice and one game against Charlotte under Hop over the last three seasons(FBS only). I want the same thing you want for this program. I am looking for something.......anything......to show me we are trending in the right direction. I’m not seeing it and man I’m looking really hard.....

What do you consider “trending in the right direction”? .

Question not directed to me but apply my two pennies

COMPETITIVE!!!!  simple enough. State isn’t Bama, they are average. Today score was not representative of how badly we were beat. Today was an ole fashion beat down, not COMPETITIVE at all

Board footer