CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-19 09:08:40 - WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1256)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 4,661

WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Very familiar with Southern Miss having played at The Rock in college when at Houston.
Coached at Memphis
Coached at Cinci
Coached at UAB
Was the O Coordinator/ QB coach at WKU last time we played them in front of 5K. He coached Brandon Doughty who destroyed us in the 4th. He finished the game going 34/52 for 3 TD's.

After coaching Sam Darnold at USC under his brother Clay Helton he spent one year at Tennessee before taking over the WKU job.

They beat a bad Arkansas team. Their QB is a former Arkansas player. Their back, Walker, ran for 130 and 1 TD last week.

They opened their season with a bad loss at home to a good FCS Central Ark team who played App St to a one score contest this season. They have conference losses to Marshall and FAU. Easily the best team we have played to date in CUSA this season.

Last, they have DJ Khaled doing their Hype Videos.......

c6B0hh3h.0.jpeg

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2019-11-19 09:14:49)


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

#2 2019-11-19 09:33:08 - WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Mao Tse-gore (212)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 505

Re: WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Who is this Arafat looking fat F? Oh yeah, he's an Arafat looking fat F.

This is one team we need to beat the every loving F out of!


We still suck bigtime.

There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.

Offline

#3 2019-11-19 09:52:26 - WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1256)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 4,661

Re: WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Who is this Arafat looking fat F? Oh yeah, he's an Arafat looking fat F.

This is one team we need to beat the every loving F out of!

I always have a smartass weekly take on the next TTT moment for Hop and Co. but this week he is in real trouble.  WKU is a well coached team that has really figured out how to gel as this season progressed. WKU has a shot at finishing with 9 wins this season in the first year under Helton after finishing 2018 with 3 wins. I get that Arkansas is a bad SEC team but that was a 38-7 lead on an SEC team on the road which is always impressive. Helton might be the best hire from last season in D1 outside of Kansas St. Our passing defense is ranked 93rd in the country allowing 9 yards per attempt. WKU is averaging around 7 yards per pass. They are going to throw it all over the field on us. We better find a running game to control the time of possession and keep them out of rhythm.


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

#4 2019-11-19 09:58:21 - WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

skyvoyager (90)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-13
Posts: 239

Re: WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Who is this Arafat looking fat F? Oh yeah, he's an Arafat looking fat F.

This is one team we need to beat the every loving F out of!

I always have a smartass weekly take on the next TTT moment for Hop and Co. but this week he is in real trouble.  WKU is a well coached team that has really figured out how to gel as this season progressed. WKU has a shot at finishing with 9 wins this season in the first year under Helton after finishing 2018 with 3 wins. I get that Arkansas is a bad SEC team but that was a 38-7 lead on an SEC team on the road which is always impressive. Helton might be the best hire from last season in D1 outside of Kansas St. Our passing defense is ranked 93rd in the country allowing 9 yards per attempt. WKU is averaging around 7 yards per pass. They are going to throw it all over the field on us. We better find a running game to control the time of possession and keep them out of rhythm.

don't we have a db out for the 1st half for 'targeting'?  if so our already thin secondary could be in trouble.


Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

Offline

#5 2019-11-19 10:15:28 - WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Mao Tse-gore (212)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 505

Re: WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Showers, who was burned severely and regularly early in the season, and was benched for a short while.

I think this game will hinge on coaching. We better to have something extra. We need to Louisville them.


We still suck bigtime.

There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.

Offline

#6 2019-11-19 10:19:39 - WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1256)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 4,661

Re: WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

We need to Louisville them.

video quality is like 1K technology......


https://youtu.be/gnrrNpDE1xQ


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

Liked by:

#7 2019-11-19 10:28:47 - WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

AndreWhere (1028)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 7,456

Re: WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

he's an Arafat looking fat F.

Yasser.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2019-11-19 10:28:58)


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#8 2019-11-19 11:47:12 - WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

skyvoyager (90)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-13
Posts: 239

Re: WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Showers, who was burned severely and regularly early in the season, and was benched for a short while.

I think this game will hinge on coaching. We better to have something extra. We need to Louisville them.

hopefully he did not get burned as bad as his replacement got burned on  that long td utsa got in the 2nd half....


Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

Offline

#9 2019-11-19 11:52:18 - WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton

skyvoyager (90)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-13
Posts: 239

Re: WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton


Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

Offline

Liked by:

Board footer