CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-07 17:23:22 - USM Introduces New Coach

Mao Tse-gore (412)

USM Introduces New Coach

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#2 2020-12-07 17:27:08 - USM Introduces New Coach

stinkfist (764)

Re: USM Introduces New Coach

he looks like the zipper at nicks...

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#3 2020-12-07 17:31:58 - USM Introduces New Coach

AndreWhere (1252)

You know, anyone who uses the words "West Alabama" and "national title" in the same sentence ought to fit right in at USM.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2020-12-07 17:40:41 - USM Introduces New Coach

AndreWhere (1252)

At least "alright?"  wastes less bandwidth than "you know what Ah'm saying'?"

Liked by:

#5 2020-12-07 17:49:01 - USM Introduces New Coach

99beers (303)

I’m actually impressed and a bit fired up!  Go team Wilbur!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Liked by:

#6 2020-12-07 19:07:32 - USM Introduces New Coach

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Someone give me the highlights......question #1, was Bower in attendance? Question #2, did Juan Cox speak and start with, Southern Miss, TTT!

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#7 2020-12-08 06:38:01 - USM Introduces New Coach

AndreWhere (1252)

Someone give me the highlights

ryPwa3N.jpg

Last edited by AndreWhere (2020-12-08 06:38:14)

#8 2020-12-08 07:25:53 - USM Introduces New Coach

B&GBU (259)

He didn't say TTT, I'm sold!

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#9 2020-12-08 09:27:36 - USM Introduces New Coach

Lloydlake (139)

Was praise for Bennett genuine or just lip service ?
That was a surprise to me.

#10 2020-12-08 09:46:49 - USM Introduces New Coach

Mao Tse-gore (412)

He was certainly rolling like a dog in Bennett's doctrine on the purpose of athletics.

We still suck bigtime.
MSFlag.gif

#11 2020-12-08 23:30:58 - USM Introduces New Coach

SoMs Eagle (189)

No A on anyone’s forehead. Good start.

#12 2020-12-09 10:40:57 - USM Introduces New Coach

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Someone give me the highlights......question #1, was Bower in attendance? Question #2, did Juan Cox speak and start with, Southern Miss, TTT!

I do not know if Jeff was in attendance for the press conference.  I do know he and Debbie went to Dr. Bennett's home to meet Coach Hall after he was hired. Jeremy McClain and eithers were in attendance.

Ace...

#13 2020-12-09 10:47:34 - USM Introduces New Coach

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

He was certainly rolling like a dog in Bennett's doctrine on the purpose of athletics.

Well I kind of look at it this way. Dr. Bennett is the boss. Sometimes you go along to get along. I am hoping Dr. Bennett realizes the benefit of a strong athletic program to compliment academics.

The big question I have on Dr. Bennett is what has he done to move the University forward  (Covid 2020 does not count)? What I mean is money for programs, adding programs and such. We are all pretty much aware of the social items such as flag removal, BLM marching, VP for diversity hiring, and striking down the Coach Briles hire. I did read student enrollment was up but to me a hundred or so new bodies is kind so so. Maybe he has done a ton outside of the social agenda. I just don't know.

Ace...

Liked by:

#14 2020-12-09 11:30:35 - USM Introduces New Coach

AndreWhere (1252)

Ace Barker wrote:

The big question I have on Dr. Bennett is what has he done to move the University forward  (Covid 2020 does not count)? What I mean is money for

Agreed- and I would want to hear exactly nothing about any virus in the answer to that question.

There are some good things that have happened on Bennett's watch. Shelby Thames made a big deal about getting into the second-highest Carnegie classification. I don't think Bennett had all that much to do with this, but it was during his tenure that USM got to the absolute highest Carnegie classification, which is one of those benchmarks like AAU membership (albeit not that prestigious).

The other things I'd point to are retaining the ROTC program and the absence of Martha / Shelby-style scandal and acrimony. There's been some of that, but not nearly as much as we'd been having to accept.

As far as sports goes, Rodney has been a D- at best.

#15 2020-12-13 16:22:14 - USM Introduces New Coach

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Like Will or not as the most important hire in program history (I’m in the not camp) he is off to a great start recruiting one of the top athletes in the state to flip to Southern Miss. His biggest job in front of him is convincing Tim Jones to return next season. Sell Tim on staying and that might be the biggest recruit he lands for 2021.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#16 2020-12-13 17:39:46 - USM Introduces New Coach

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Ace Barker wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Well I kind of look at it this way. Dr. Bennett is the boss. Sometimes you go along to get along. I am hoping Dr. Bennett realizes the benefit of a strong athletic program to compliment academics.

The big question I have on Dr. Bennett is what has he done to move the University forward  (Covid 2020 does not count)? What I mean is money for programs, adding programs and such. We are all pretty much aware of the social items such as flag removal, BLM marching, VP for diversity hiring, and striking down the Coach Briles hire. I did read student enrollment was up but to me a hundred or so new bodies is kind so so. Maybe he has done a ton outside of the social agenda. I just don't know.

Ace...

His attempted destruction of the Dixie Darlings was extreme, petty, troubling, and defines for me where he is, what he is and the lengths he would go if it were not for a few "influential" alumni yanking his leash and achieving a delay.

We still suck bigtime.
MSFlag.gif

#17 2020-12-14 00:16:04 - USM Introduces New Coach

B&GBU (259)

Mao Tse-gore wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Ace...

His attempted destruction of the Dixie Darlings was extreme, petty, troubling, and defines for me where he is, what he is and the lengths he would go if it were not for a few "influential" alumni yanking his leash and achieving a delay.

And next will be the purge of names.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#18 2020-12-14 08:27:02 - USM Introduces New Coach

USMstang (303)

B&GBU wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:

Ace...

And next will be the purge of names.

Which ones?  Roberts, McCain, etc.  Are there more?  I'm hoping all that shit was just to cause strife prior to the election but I also realize how free societies are dismantled and this is straight from the playbook.  If they start erasing names because of the past transgressions, there is no stopping point.  I can think of a couple bible quotes that would make that line of thinking moot but we are also talking about a group of folks led by evil, Godless people. 

Bennett is funny...he's not attempted to make us hire minorities in key positions (merely for the sake of numbers) just yet but he's sneaking around the back door trying to get some smaller (in his eyes) victories.  We lost a lot of rank & file people when he was forced down our throats and many will never come back.  But if I had to give the guy a grade for the state of the school under his watch and his hires, it would be an F+.  I throw in the "+" simply due to our attaining the high status for being a research institution.  Not that that matters as we've not seen one phuckin penny in the coffers from that stuff.

"Sneaking around the back door" makes me think of coining a new nickname for him....we should call him Rimmer!

Last edited by USMstang (2020-12-14 08:31:38)

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Board footer