CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2017-09-30 16:14:21 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

SoMs Eagle wrote:
southern miss slacker wrote:

what do we win if we predict correctly?

Forget who you were for a minute?

No, he's trying to goad me into starting a contest. It's unnecessary, though. A contest is a great idea.

You've probably noticed that the site now has ads. It took a lot of programming, and haggling with Google, but I'm selling ads now. I owe all of you my thanks. Giving away a couple of tickets to a game that sorely needs people to watch it is a good way to show my gratitude.

#22 2017-09-30 16:14:44 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

admin (289)
Administrator

here are the mini helmets I have. Saints, Pats, jags, jets, cards, skins, panthers, browns, and dolphins.

You said "almost the entire NFL" earlier!

#23 2017-09-30 16:27:17 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

SoMs Eagle (189)

Us 42. Dem 24.
Attendance 19,731

#24 2017-09-30 16:31:41 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

southern miss slacker (304)

admin wrote:

here are the mini helmets I have. Saints, Pats, jags, jets, cards, skins, panthers, browns, and dolphins.

I said I said. who cares what I say.

I had another box full of helmets I just can't find them. I think they may have been stolen cause I have looked everywhere. no good deed goes unpunished. I bet whoever wins the mini helmet will find something to bitch and complain about it. you watch and see. this was a terrible idea, who the fucks idea was this anyhow?

#25 2017-09-30 16:33:12 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

AndreWhere (1252)

SoMs Eagle wrote:

Us 42. Dem 24.
Attendance 19,731

If they announce that number or anything close to it, someone more connected than me needs to diplomatically inform Gilbert of his incompetence. It seems pretty likely to me that they have no real idea how many people are in the stadium, or even how many people paid money for tickets.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2017-09-30 16:33:25)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#26 2017-09-30 16:41:49 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

admin wrote:

Idiot. People already won the other helmets earlier. Do you think we're the only people on the internet today?

#27 2017-09-30 16:42:44 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

admin (289)
Administrator

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
admin wrote:

Idiot. People already won the other helmets earlier. Do you think we're the only people on the internet today?

I get it now. That's why I come here. To learn.

#28 2017-09-30 16:43:34 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Kathy Ireland 42

So Miss 34

Attendance announced at 24,232

Necessary-Roughness-Kathy-Ireland.jpg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#29 2017-10-01 10:31:21 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

admin (289)
Administrator

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Kathy Ireland 42

So Miss 34

https://thescript.thetake.com/wp-conten … reland.jpg

If 42-34 was your actual prediction then I owe you a couple of tickets (assuming you actually want them). That's actually pretty damned close.

#30 2017-10-01 11:53:04 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

admin wrote:

Kathy Ireland 42

So Miss 34

If 42-34 was your actual prediction then I owe you a couple of tickets (assuming you actually want them). That's actually pretty damned close.

“I want to thank the academy for believing in me when nobody else would....I want to thank beers and Nugget for their un relentless passion that led to the creation of this wonderful website that brings a once exiled fan base together under one roof. I want to thank a mediocre offense and suspect defense that made my prediction so damn predictable. And last, I want to thank the little people....you know, midgets.”

I would like to pass along my prize to someone that is actually in the Burg and loves our golden eagles. My current parenting commitments to my toddler prevent me from traveling out of state this football season. That said, thanks for the prize.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#31 2017-10-01 11:57:45 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

admin (289)
Administrator

admin wrote:

Kathy Ireland 42

So Miss 34

“I want to thank the academy for believing in me when nobody else would....I want to thank beers and Nugget for their un relentless passion that led to the creation of this wonderful website that brings a once exiled fan base together under one roof. I want to thank a mediocre offense and suspect defense that made my prediction so damn predictable. And last, I want to thank the little people....you know, midgets.”

I would like to pass along my prize to someone that is actually in the Burg and loves our golden eagles. My current parenting commitments to my toddler prevent me from traveling out of state this football season. That said, thanks for the prize.

I'll give them to whoever posts the most this week, if they want them. If they pass, I'll go to the next person, until I run out of users.

What inspired you to pick us to lose? I mean, after last year, we should have seen it coming, but no one else did. USM owned CUSA 1.0, but CUSA 3.0 owns USM. It's like, we see the CUSA logo on the other team's uniforms and we just give up.

#32 2017-10-01 12:20:56 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

admin wrote:

It's like, we see the CUSA logo on the other team's uniforms and we just give up.

It can be intimidating. Especially when coupled with a scary name like "Mean Green".

#33 2017-10-01 12:29:53 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

admin wrote:

What inspired you to pick us to lose?.

This script has already been written on this team unfortunately. It’s the same product as last year essentially. The only way we will win another game this season will be based on our opponents mistakes and not on our strengths or confidence. Our team believes we are only good enough to play at the level of our conference affiliation. Our coaches believe we are only good enough to play in CUSA. Our leaders believe we are at the competitive level that is appropriate for our institution. Last, the remaining fans that witnessed great Golden Eagle teams and astronomical seasons where we believed we were better have lost faith and stopped attending. For those new students, there is nothing going on that has earned their time or developed their potential passion for USM. It’s predictable.

UNT has a different, more arrogant view that the players have quickly adopted. They hired a coach in Seth Littrell that has them believing they are better than USM, that they are as good as Iowa, etc.... Just wait until next weekend.....that’s a team that doesn’t care about our history......they own us and believe they are better than us and will prove that we don’t belong to be in the conversation for the western division. We simply lost our edge over time and we don’t have anyone here that is capable of bringing it back.

#34 2017-10-01 12:39:00 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

admin (289)
Administrator

admin wrote:

What inspired you to pick us to lose?.

This script has already been written on this team unfortunately. It’s the same product as last year essentially. The only way we will win another game this season will be based on our opponents mistakes and not on our strengths or confidence. Our team believes we are only good enough to play at the level of our conference affiliation. Our coaches believe we are only good enough to play in CUSA. Our leaders believe we are at the competitive level that is appropriate for our institution. Last, the remaining fans that witnessed great Golden Eagle teams and astronomical seasons where we believed we were better have lost faith and stopped attending. For those new students, there is nothing going on that has earned their time or developed their potential passion for USM. It’s predictable.

UNT has a different, more arrogant view that the players have quickly adopted. They hired a coach in Seth Littrell that has them believing they are better than USM, that they are as good as Iowa, etc.... Just wait until next weekend.....that’s a team that doesn’t care about our history......they own us and believe they are better than us and will prove that we don’t belong to be in the conversation for the western division. We simply lost our edge over time and we don’t have anyone here that is capable of bringing it back.

Agree 100%. I've said a lot of that shit before but somehow I still picked USM to win. I did recognize that it wouldn't be a close game, and I framed my prediction as a choice between which direction Vegas would be wrong in. I just chose the wrong direction.

UTSA will likely destroy USM.  I say "likely" because Hopson has shown himself to be a guy who fields completely unpredictable teams. It's almost like they change players every few games.

That "few" in my last sentence implies that UTSA will destroy us, along with a few teams after that. Then Hopson will wake up and do something to save his job, to the overall detriment of the football program.

#35 2017-10-01 12:56:27 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

admin wrote:

Hopson will wake up and do something to save his job, to the overall detriment of the football program.

Hopson is really not the problem. He is the perfect coach for the limited expectations and financial constraints of this administration. Littrell is the Fedora hire for UNT. They already had their Hopson/Bower period under former ISU coach McCarney. He was a stable move after the epic failure of hiring a high school coach as head coach. Littrell believes in himself, not the institution or the conference and it carries over to the players. It’s why he makes almost double Hopsons salary.
Hopson is not capable of cultivating a 10 win program at the G5 level and to be fair, he is not accountable for those results by his leadership. We are in a conservative holding pattern at USM and the product and attendance reflects it.

#36 2017-10-01 13:16:28 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

admin (289)
Administrator

admin wrote:

Hopson will wake up and do something to save his job, to the overall detriment of the football program.

Hopson is really not the problem. He is the perfect coach for the limited expectations and financial constraints of this administration. Littrell is the Fedora hire for UNT. They already had their Hopson/Bower period under former ISU coach McCarney. He was a stable move after the epic failure of hiring a high school coach as head coach. Littrell believes in himself, not the institution or the conference and it carries over to the players. It’s why he makes almost double Hopsons salary.
Hopson is not capable of cultivating a 10 win program at the G5 level and to be fair, he is not accountable for those results by his leadership. We are in a conservative holding pattern at USM and the product and attendance reflects it.

I saw an out of shape football team last night. That's partly on Hopson, but it's also on an assistant coach who Hopson can fire. Wouldn't do much good to fire him now;  teams get in shape during the offseason. Unless things change in some dramatic way that I can't even imagine, though, the strength coach needs to be gone immediately after the season.

#37 2017-10-01 13:52:08 - Southern Miss vs. North Texas: score prediction thread

99beers (303)

Hop is a "players coach"....they all love him.  Why, cause he has no discipline........none.  He obviously doesn't make them work hard, or work smart.  He allows idiots to keep getting stupid penalties, and does nothing to them.  Plus........truthfully folks, he's fucking clueless.   A goddamn blind DC could shut our offense down.  Half time adjustments wins and loses games.  He doesn't adjust.  He doesn't know how.  He is not prepared to play, nor is his team.   Bad decisions (ie: qb situation).   He needs to go back to the swac...........  They totally get his mumbling and reality bottom line shit.  Enough.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Board footer