CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-30 20:31:59 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

tg300 (95)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 444

FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

This clearly isn’t going to work.

2 weeks to prepare for North GD Texas and about to get blown out.

Offline

Liked by:

#2 2017-09-30 20:33:58 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,718
Website

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

Too little, too late. I'm thinking about shutting the board down.


Witches are real.

Offline

#3 2017-09-30 20:35:34 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

beagle (131)
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 954

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

Big money wanted Hopson and is killing the program.


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Offline

#4 2017-09-30 20:35:50 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

tg300 (95)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 444

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

AndreWhere wrote:

Too little, too late. I'm thinking about shutting the board down.

No.

The meltdown will be epic. It must be documented.

Offline

#5 2017-09-30 21:16:20 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

Nugget's Ghost (0)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 11

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

tg300 wrote:

This clearly isn’t going to work.

2 weeks to prepare for North GD Texas and about to get blown out.

Now spike the Mic like Icky Woods and walk the fuck off the board like a Big Dog!

Offline

#6 2017-09-30 22:27:43 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

B&GBU (30)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-27
Posts: 121

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

Defense played like somebody waived the Stars and Stripes at them. They flat quit.
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theflagpole.com%2Fimages%2Fani_aflag.gif&f=1
And what's the deal with giving Parks all the playing time instead of Ito?

Total bush-league operation from the very top to the very bottom.


"Winning is relative."

Offline

#7 2017-09-30 22:32:14 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

admin (166)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,444

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

B&GBU wrote:

Defense played like somebody waived the Stars and Stripes at them. They flat quit.
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=htt … ag.gif&f=1
And what's the deal with giving Parks all the playing time instead of Ito?

Total bush-league operation from the very top to the very bottom.

Fuck Parks. He's not qualified to run a USM broom. Waste of a fucking scholarship.

Offline

#8 2017-09-30 23:28:01 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

USMstang (81)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 527

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

We were rotating OL and Dawson calls some of the most predictable plays along with fuckin stupid plays.  Amen to the 2 weeks to prepare and shit down our fucking legs in front of the 97 team.  $500K is waaaaay too much to pay Hopson.  He's a $200K guy at best and Dawson is a fuckin imposter.


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

#9 2017-10-01 05:09:00 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

admin (166)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,444

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

He can go back to his old job:

Hawaiian_Punch-punchy.jpg

Offline

#10 2017-10-01 09:22:05 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

USMstang (81)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 527

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking early in the 2nd that we will somehow win but I'll be super pissed because of the sorry ass coaching and how poorly the team was playing on O.  How nice of Hop & co to show us that they can be so much worse with zero ability to adjust.  Litrell or whatever his name is, is immensely better than Hop.  His staff made ours look like fucking retards out there.


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

#11 2017-10-01 09:32:06 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

USMstang (81)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 527

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

How long is the contract with Mr. You Know What I’m Sayin?


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

#12 2017-10-01 09:38:45 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,718
Website

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

USMstang wrote:

I was thinking early in the 2nd that we will somehow win but I'll be super pissed because of the sorry ass coaching and how poorly the team was playing on O.

Watch him do that but for the season as a whole. Little Seizures Valium Bowl, here we go! We can get Perry Como to handle the music for the season highlight video!


Witches are real.

Offline

#13 2017-10-04 18:12:44 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

tg300 (95)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 444

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

bump

This was not discussed enough IMO.

The time is now.  Rip the scab off and let it bleed.  The healing will be faster.

Offline

#14 2017-10-04 18:22:17 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,718
Website

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

tg300 wrote:

bump

This was not discussed enough IMO.

The time is now.  Rip the scab off and let it bleed.  The healing will be faster.

I have a rule I try to follow about that sort of thing. I ask myself, did I think this before the last game? If the answer was "no" before a game, it shouldn't be "yes" after it. It can be "maybe," but I'm not going to go all the way from "no" to "yes" because of one game.

Am I at "maybe"? Not necessarily; my opinion is that we need a $1,000,000-per-year coach. If Hopson succeeds enough to where we have to pay him more to keep him, then I'm OK with Hopson as long as that continues to be the case. I'm not OK with limping along with a guy who's content to make half what we paid Fedora.

Another thing to consider: if not Hopson, then who? Before last week, I would have pointed at Shannon Dawson. He didn't exactly come through last Saturday, though.

I keep harping on it, and people not wanting to listen to me is apparently a natural phenomenon on par with gravity or death, but this team has a physical fitness problem. They got winded way too early last Saturday. Hopson's only responsible for that in an indirect way.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2017-10-04 18:22:54)


Witches are real.

Offline

#15 2017-10-04 19:01:51 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

tg300 (95)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 444

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

AndreWhere wrote:
tg300 wrote:

bump

This was not discussed enough IMO.

The time is now.  Rip the scab off and let it bleed.  The healing will be faster.

I have a rule I try to follow about that sort of thing. I ask myself, did I think this before the last game? If the answer was "no" before a game, it shouldn't be "yes" after it. It can be "maybe," but I'm not going to go all the way from "no" to "yes" because of one game.

Am I at "maybe"? Not necessarily; my opinion is that we need a $1,000,000-per-year coach. If Hopson succeeds enough to where we have to pay him more to keep him, then I'm OK with Hopson as long as that continues to be the case. I'm not OK with limping along with a guy who's content to make half what we paid Fedora.

Another thing to consider: if not Hopson, then who? Before last week, I would have pointed at Shannon Dawson. He didn't exactly come through last Saturday, though.

I keep harping on it, and people not wanting to listen to me is apparently a natural phenomenon on par with gravity or death, but this team has a physical fitness problem. They got winded way too early last Saturday. Hopson's only responsible for that in an indirect way.

I agree with the fitness aspect.  Lots of tongues dragging.

But the coaching over the last year and ever how many games has proven over and over they are lost.

1 somewhat 'signature' win over a medium to bottom SEC team is 'ok' I guess.

There have been several losses to lesser opponents that are mind boggling though.

KY this year is one of them.

They don't know WTF they are doing and it shows.

Offline

#16 2017-10-04 19:07:23 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

beagle (131)
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 954

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

We have no money. I do not like Hopson but we can't afford to buy out the ball boy right now.

Last edited by beagle (2017-10-04 19:07:38)


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Offline

#17 2017-10-04 19:08:35 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,718
Website

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

beagle wrote:

We have no money. I do not like Hopson but we can't afford to buy out the ball boy right now.

What's his buyout? An Old Man Tree Stand and a signed picture of Toby Keith?


Witches are real.

Offline

#18 2017-10-04 19:09:46 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

tg300 (95)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 444

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

AndreWhere wrote:
beagle wrote:

We have no money. I do not like Hopson but we can't afford to buy out the ball boy right now.

What's his buyout? An Old Man Tree Stand and a signed picture of Toby Keith?

Let him stay.  Gonna be a whole lot MORE money we don't have in the future if he does.

Book it.


Had to edit.  There will be much MORE money that USM will not have in the future the longer hop to the top is here.

Last edited by tg300 (2017-10-04 19:11:41)

Offline

#19 2017-10-04 19:15:20 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,718
Website

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

tg300 wrote:

They don't know WTF they are doing and it shows.

I get the sense that their effort level is inconsistent. Dawson wanted to beat UK last year pretty badly, so he gave it his all. UTSA, UNCC, etc. don't inspire the same level of passion or effort. Some of those games, the coaching staff looked pretty disengaged during the game.

I've seen it with Sean Payton and his staff on occasion, too. If Drew Brees walks to the sideline after a punt and Payton or at least Pete Carmichael doesn't even talk to him, you can pretty much assume the staff has written the game off as a loss.

On the other hand, if you can bring a consistent level of effort and a consistent approach to each week of the season, that's a hell of a down payment on success.


Witches are real.

Offline

#20 2017-10-04 19:21:17 - FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

USMstang (81)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 527

Re: FIRE HOPSON NOW!!!!!!!!!

According to Coaches Hot Seat (which is marginally accurate), Hop is listed at $600K and Litrell is at $900K.  They are getting a good deal for him at UNT...I sure wish we had the youngster! 

I believe now that some of the wins last year were just Dawson calling the correct play for a 4 year starter at QB to have some success with.  Dawson has limitations but I'm starting to think that he is better at his job than Hop is at his.  That's not fucking good.


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB