CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-01 08:21:58 - I thought we were better than that.

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

I thought we were better than that.

North Texas trotted onto our field and beat us in almost every measurable way. It's not like the ball bounced their way or we had a lot of missed chances.  They lined up and beat us on offense, defense, and special teams.

I agree that the only way up & out of the mediocrity at this point, is to win C-USA decisively for several years running. There is no room for 2-4 C-USA games per year.

Unless this was just a case of our coaches getting outclassed yesterday, I'm afraid we're in for several more years of mediocrity in C-USA...which means fan support will continue to erode as people opt to get their weekend entertainment elsewhere.

#2 2017-10-01 08:25:47 - I thought we were better than that.

beagle (173)

Re: I thought we were better than that.

Momentum swinger was the missed tackle that would have been a safety late in the 2nd quarter. They eventually score and it's a brand new game. Could have been 23-7 with us getting the ball with a short field to maybe make it 30-7. Believe it would have been over at that point.

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#3 2017-10-01 08:29:19 - I thought we were better than that.

USMstang (303)

I agree Beagle. That was a back-breaker along with the overthrow of Ito in the middle of the field. At minimum that was a huge gain and with how Ito does people in the open field, probably a TD.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#4 2017-10-01 08:40:53 - I thought we were better than that.

AndreWhere (1252)

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:

North Texas trotted onto our field and beat us in almost every measurable way. It's not like the ball bounced their way or we had a lot of missed chances.  They lined up and beat us on offense, defense, and special teams.

I agree that the only way up & out of the mediocrity at this point, is to win C-USA decisively for several years running. There is no room for 2-4 C-USA games per year.

Unless this was just a case of our coaches getting outclassed yesterday, I'm afraid we're in for several more years of mediocrity in C-USA...which means fan support will continue to erode as people opt to get their weekend entertainment elsewhere.

It was one coach in particular. When a team turns to shit 5:00 before halftime, and the whole DL is huffin' and puffin', the bull's eye needs to be squarely on the strength coach.

If we can't hit that bull's eye, this house of cards will fall like dominoes. Checkmate.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2017-10-01 09:49:22 - I thought we were better than that.

USMstang (303)

Not executing on O and repeatedly going 3 and out will make a D pretty fuckin tired too. We are supposed to be really deep on the D line which should keep us fresh so wtf there??

Last edited by USMstang (2017-10-01 09:49:49)

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Board footer