CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-03 08:31:41 - Gilbert: I have a plan

beagle (173)

Gilbert: I have a plan

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Liked by:

#2 2017-10-03 09:03:37 - Gilbert: I have a plan

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Gilbert: I have a plan

56 goals! Is one of them getting out of C-SHIT? How about fixing up The Yurt? I'm honestly curious. I suspect Gilbert really fucking sucks; if he really has 56 goals and those things aren't on the list, that just confirms my suspicion.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2017-10-03 09:53:19 - Gilbert: I have a plan

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

AndreWhere wrote:

56 goals! Is one of them getting out of C-SHIT? How about fixing up The Yurt? I'm honestly curious. I suspect Gilbert really fucking sucks; if he really has 56 goals and those things aren't on the list, that just confirms my suspicion.

I like the approach. I'm shocked that he says there was not a mission or operational plan & goals that the previous AD was working. Hard for me to believe in this day and age.

Also, I read that to mean that the 56 goals were part of his department's operational plan. I figure the Yurt and other facilities would fall under "determining our needs". As for C-USA, that's not an item on a list. It's the big dark cloud hovering, that everyone knows about BEFORE you consider taking the job. If you take the job, you have to know that there's little chance a pathway out and upward to a better conference. You also know that if you could accomplish that one thing, you can write your own check.

#4 2017-10-03 13:12:57 - Gilbert: I have a plan

99beers (303)

We will be just fine.........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#5 2017-10-03 16:34:24 - Gilbert: I have a plan

tg300 (439)

#6 2017-10-03 18:09:59 - Gilbert: I have a plan

Mao Tse-gore (412)

I get it that you have to get your ducks in a row and have some sort of cohesive foundation. However, overall this seems heavy on bureaucratic mumbo jumbo. Don't get me wrong because I'm real excited he has created a good working relationship with Mr. Potato Head, but it's like the ship is taking on water and he's going over the dinner menu.

I'm not feeling any real sense of urgency here.

Teams_grande.jpg?v=1477417995

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Liked by:

#7 2017-10-03 18:12:23 - Gilbert: I have a plan

AndreWhere (1252)

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

I get it that you have to get your ducks in a row and have some sort of cohesive foundation. However, overall this seems heavy on bureaucratic mumbo jumbo. Don't get me wrong because I'm real excited he has created a good working relationship with Mr. Potato Head, but it's like the ship is taking on water and he's going over the dinner menu.

I'm not feeling any real sense of urgency here.

My thoughts exactly. If you need a damned mission statement to figure out what the goals are for USM athletics, you don't need to be on the payroll.

Gilbert is on something in my opinion. He's a Kool Aid mixing wackjob who needs to be gone yesterday.

#8 2017-10-03 18:56:12 - Gilbert: I have a plan

B&GBU (259)

Drivel, pure drivel! This is what you do instead of real work. Evidently this is what sells in the hierarchy at USM.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

Liked by:

#9 2017-10-03 19:02:27 - Gilbert: I have a plan

AndreWhere (1252)

B&GBU wrote:

Drivel, pure drivel! This is what you do instead of real work. Evidently this is what sells in the hierarchy at USM.

When I land at a workplace that emphasizes that sort of shit, I tend to move on pretty quickly.

I don't mind a statement of values. Where I work now, we have a set of three or four adjectives that we look for in people. "Humble" and "hungry" are the two that I remember. Those are very good things to be reminded of.

When it devolves into long-winded paragraphs about "empowering stakeholders" or whatever, I'm out.

Liked by:

#10 2017-10-03 21:05:53 - Gilbert: I have a plan

USMstang (303)

Empowering Stakeholders has got to be the most popular phrase of nothingness the past 10 years has provided us with.  It is so overused by every industry/discipline.  It's more evidence of the machine recycling the same verbiage and procedures in their "national training strategies" for every business type.  I've compared banking rah rah, to institutional food sales rah rah, to life insurance rah rah, education rah rah, automotive sales rah rah...its all the same garbage.  Of course that means USM (either at the direction of Bennett or Gilbert) spent way too damn much money on a program of bullshit to teach our people some shit that has no basis.  Furthermore, the trainers have not actually ever performed the tasks they are instructing for that matter.  The book says to teach the shit, so they teach the shit and act like an authority.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

#11 2017-10-04 18:32:00 - Gilbert: I have a plan

B&GBU (259)

"I wore this frock coat in Washington, before the war. We wore them because we belonged to the five civilized tribes. We dressed ourselves up like Abraham Lincoln. We only got to see the Secretary of the Interior, and he said: "Boy! You boys sure look civilized.!" he congratulated us and gave us medals for looking so civilized. We told him about how our land had been stolen and our people were dying. When we finished he shook our hands and said, "endeavor to persevere!" They stood us in a line: John Jumper, Chili McIntosh, Buffalo Hump, Jim Buckmark, and me — I am Lone Watie. They took our pictures. And the newspapers said, "Indians vow to endeavor to persevere.

We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

Liked by:

#12 2017-10-05 09:00:58 - Gilbert: I have a plan

Mao Tse-gore (412)

The more I think about this spewage the more angry I become. Same sort of crap that comes from Mr. Potato Head.

Jon.Gilbert@usm.edu

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#13 2017-10-05 12:27:43 - Gilbert: I have a plan

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Giblet wrote:

I have a plan

George%20Custer.jpg?itok=KBqHe8ew

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#14 2017-10-05 16:17:51 - Gilbert: I have a plan

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

AndreWhere wrote:

If you need a damned mission statement to figure out what the goals are for USM athletics, you don't need to be on the payroll.

My favorite mission statement of all time is Five Guys Burgers & Fries:

"We are in the business of selling burgers."

Last edited by Eaglebird Humperdink (2017-10-05 16:18:10)

Liked by:

Board footer