CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-06 11:10:04 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,752
Website

Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU


Bring back Reed V. "Jeff" TurkPalmer Eustachy... or else!

Online

#2 2017-10-06 11:44:29 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Ace Barker (44)
Member
From: Bougherville SC
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 169

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

It's only a matter of time before it happens to posters and board owners for every sports program.

Ace...

Online

#3 2017-10-06 11:48:41 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

admin (168)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,469

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Ace Barker wrote:

It's only a matter of time before it happens to posters and board owners for every sports program.

Ace...

Somebody posted in another thread that the old Eagle Talk board was a part of why USM sports kind of fell flat in the early 2000s. I didn't see how when I first read it,  but now I can kind of see it.

Offline

#4 2017-10-06 12:09:13 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Ace Barker (44)
Member
From: Bougherville SC
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 169

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

admin wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:

It's only a matter of time before it happens to posters and board owners for every sports program.

Ace...

Somebody posted in another thread that the old Eagle Talk board was a part of why USM sports kind of fell flat in the early 2000s. I didn't see how when I first read it,  but now I can kind of see it.

Eagle Talk caused it to fall flat?

Some rusty history sort of in order:

You know there was originally a newsgroup called college.football (all schools) where a few folks got together. A Miss State guy (Gramps) started a listserv with his brother. He added, Rock, Token, Harbor, me and a few others.

Vogel got wind of it and asked to be added. The university took over the listserv. It ran the course but then SouthernMiss.com

James Williams started SouthernMiss.com but for a while it was on USM's server. Posters got rowdy and James moved it to another server away from USM. It ran for a while and then USM grabbed the name from James. I forgot the other guys name.

I think James did the Eagle Talk for a while until Don Tiegeiser and Lanny Mixon took it over.

Eagle Post came along as well (Robert Thompson) when I believe Apollo was threatened by some guy on the LA/MS line. It ran kind of wide open but Robert wanted some sort of control which didn't happen and Allan took over Eagle Post. It ran until Allan had some issues and someone attempted Eagle Street which never took off. Allan moved Eagle Post to Facebook

Eagle Talk was taken over by Lanny Mixon from Don. It ran for a bit and then went to the pay board and free boards of Big Gold Nation.

The guy in SC has the board for many conferences of which one is the CUSA board and The Perch.
When many were banned (Involuntarily or voluntarily) because they had associations with Nuggets Ghost, then this board was started.

I had heard that Big Gold Nation was losing posters and someone else is covering for Lanny now.

Somewhere in this, Golden Eagle Pride came on for recruiting. I guess it is the anti-Rivals site. It has free and pay boards but I don't see much on them.

It will be interesting to see which board survives.

Ace...

Online

Liked by:

#5 2017-10-06 13:03:14 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

admin (168)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,469

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Ace Barker wrote:
admin wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:

It's only a matter of time before it happens to posters and board owners for every sports program.

Ace...

Somebody posted in another thread that the old Eagle Talk board was a part of why USM sports kind of fell flat in the early 2000s. I didn't see how when I first read it,  but now I can kind of see it.

Eagle Talk caused it to fall flat?

Some rusty history sort of in order:

You know there was originally a newsgroup called college.football (all schools) where a few folks got together. A Miss State guy (Gramps) started a listserv with his brother. He added, Rock, Token, Harbor, me and a few others.

Vogel got wind of it and asked to be added. The university took over the listserv. It ran the course but then SouthernMiss.com

James Williams started SouthernMiss.com but for a while it was on USM's server. Posters got rowdy and James moved it to another server away from USM. It ran for a while and then USM grabbed the name from James. I forgot the other guys name.

I think James did the Eagle Talk for a while until Don Tiegeiser and Lanny Mixon took it over.

Eagle Post came along as well (Robert Thompson) when I believe Apollo was threatened by some guy on the LA/MS line. It ran kind of wide open but Robert wanted some sort of control which didn't happen and Allan took over Eagle Post. It ran until Allan had some issues and someone attempted Eagle Street which never took off. Allan moved Eagle Post to Facebook

Eagle Talk was taken over by Lanny Mixon from Don. It ran for a bit and then went to the pay board and free boards of Big Gold Nation.

The guy in SC has the board for many conferences of which one is the CUSA board and The Perch.
When many were banned (Involuntarily or voluntarily) because they had associations with Nuggets Ghost, then this board was started.

I had heard that Big Gold Nation was losing posters and someone else is covering for Lanny now.

Somewhere in this, Golden Eagle Pride came on for recruiting. I guess it is the anti-Rivals site. It has free and pay boards but I don't see much on them.

It will be interesting to see which board survives.

Ace...

Thanks, that's interesting.

I thought that comment about Eagle Talk was odd, but I guess if people started posting shit about some rich booster's wife that might put a damper on things.

I think this board will survive because it runs well from a technical standard, and because the most knowledgeable people are here. Facebook works well, too, for people who don't take anonymity

Offline

#6 2017-10-06 13:05:43 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

CajunEagle (39)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 80

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Just wondering if Apollo......Record Eagle......Sci Tech.....& Birmingham Road Warrior Eagle (BRWE) are  still walking on the planet  ??

Offline

#7 2017-10-06 13:36:23 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

beagle (136)
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 970

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Ace Barker wrote:
admin wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:

It's only a matter of time before it happens to posters and board owners for every sports program.

Ace...

Somebody posted in another thread that the old Eagle Talk board was a part of why USM sports kind of fell flat in the early 2000s. I didn't see how when I first read it,  but now I can kind of see it.

Eagle Talk caused it to fall flat?

Some rusty history sort of in order:

You know there was originally a newsgroup called college.football (all schools) where a few folks got together. A Miss State guy (Gramps) started a listserv with his brother. He added, Rock, Token, Harbor, me and a few others.

Vogel got wind of it and asked to be added. The university took over the listserv. It ran the course but then SouthernMiss.com

James Williams started SouthernMiss.com but for a while it was on USM's server. Posters got rowdy and James moved it to another server away from USM. It ran for a while and then USM grabbed the name from James. I forgot the other guys name.

I think James did the Eagle Talk for a while until Don Tiegeiser and Lanny Mixon took it over.

Eagle Post came along as well (Robert Thompson) when I believe Apollo was threatened by some guy on the LA/MS line. It ran kind of wide open but Robert wanted some sort of control which didn't happen and Allan took over Eagle Post. It ran until Allan had some issues and someone attempted Eagle Street which never took off. Allan moved Eagle Post to Facebook

Eagle Talk was taken over by Lanny Mixon from Don. It ran for a bit and then went to the pay board and free boards of Big Gold Nation.

The guy in SC has the board for many conferences of which one is the CUSA board and The Perch.
When many were banned (Involuntarily or voluntarily) because they had associations with Nuggets Ghost, then this board was started.

I had heard that Big Gold Nation was losing posters and someone else is covering for Lanny now.

Somewhere in this, Golden Eagle Pride came on for recruiting. I guess it is the anti-Rivals site. It has free and pay boards but I don't see much on them.

It will be interesting to see which board survives.

Ace...

Good info. Thanks, Ace.


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Offline

#8 2017-10-06 13:38:05 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Ace Barker (44)
Member
From: Bougherville SC
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 169

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

CajunEagle wrote:

Just wondering if Apollo......Record Eagle......Sci Tech.....& Birmingham Road Warrior Eagle (BRWE) are  still walking on the planet  ??

I think Record (Lamar) and BRWE (Lance) may have died. Sci Tech (J Terrell) is living in South Carolina and retired. Leon (Apollo) is still kicking. We also lost Edd (USMmm).

There was a guy from USM name Sleepless In Hattiesburg. He posted on the original ECU board. I never knew who he was. I also never knew who Karl Childers was.

I have not hidden behind Ace...  Most people on here I think many of us know.

Ace...

Last edited by Ace Barker (2017-10-06 13:42:02)

Online

#9 2017-10-06 14:38:21 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

admin (168)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,469

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Ace Barker wrote:

It will be interesting to see which board survives.

I'd very much like to poach at least one more board from Sands. The G5 conferences seem to be his bread and butter, so taking the USM board is definitely a good start. I've been trying to get ads placed on his site, and at least one got shown, but I think he's blocked them now.  Here's an example:

1499327213958050087.png

Offline

#10 2017-10-06 15:43:35 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Ace Barker (44)
Member
From: Bougherville SC
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 169

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Online

#11 2017-10-06 16:35:22 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,752
Website

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Too bad they don't seem to run ads.


Bring back Reed V. "Jeff" TurkPalmer Eustachy... or else!

Online

#12 2017-10-06 21:07:56 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

99beers (172)
Member
From: Uranus
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 908

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Be careful.  And you better have an attorney on retainer.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Offline

#13 2017-10-06 21:27:42 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

tg300 (101)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 456

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

99beers wrote:

Be careful.  And you better have an attorney on retainer.

This makes me laugh.

Online

#14 2017-10-07 11:35:01 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

CajunEagle (39)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 80

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

99beers wrote:

Be careful.  And you better have an attorney on retainer.

  Karl Childers is Beer's ole buddy.  LOL !!

Offline

#15 2017-10-07 11:47:11 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,752
Website

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

tg300 wrote:
99beers wrote:

Be careful.  And you better have an attorney on retainer.

This makes me laugh.

Jeremy Sands in court:"there was this guy, Your Honor... and he posted mean stuff on my website, Your Honor... so I banned everyone, Your Honor... so that guy went and made a website just like mine except faster, Your Honor... and they made fun of me there, Your Honor... I think that guy might even have posted a poll about whether I was a virgin or not, Your Honor... I promise I'm not, Your Honor... so can I have some money?"

Judge: Go pound sand, lardbucket!


Bring back Reed V. "Jeff" TurkPalmer Eustachy... or else!

Online

#16 2017-10-07 12:59:15 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

admin (168)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,469

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

It's game day and things are really cooking over there.

lol.png

Offline

#17 2017-10-07 13:05:23 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

tg300 (101)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 456

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

Beaver loves having conversations with himself.

They agree a lot.  Not always, but a lot.

Online

#18 2017-10-11 23:07:53 - Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

USMstang (87)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 538

Re: Drama worthy of USM happening at WMU

tg300 wrote:

Beaver loves having conversations with himself.

At first I was embarrassed for him but then I decided he was trolling everyone.  Now I realize, he is a pawn due to being a mental midget.  The machine requires folks like him whether we like it or not.  I'm just happy my place with the machine is on the outside rather than inside as slaves to the establishment.  Fools...all of them.

Last edited by USMstang (2017-10-11 23:08:38)


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

Liked by:

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB