CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-31 11:57:40 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st … ida-gators

"when the victim escapes a seemingly never-ending hellscape -- like, say, a multiyear NCAA investigation -- only to find itself recaptured and subjected to a whole new set of tortures -- like, say, a season when you can't find the end zone and your only win is over Old Dominion.

Last edited by Eaglebird Humperdink (2017-10-31 17:35:09)

#2 2017-10-31 14:55:04 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:

"when the victim escapes a seemingly never-ending hellscape -- like, say, a multiyear NCAA investigation -- only to find itself recaptured and subjected to a whole new set of tortures -- like, say, a season when you can't find the end zone and your only win is over Old Dominion.

I actually heard Fedora mentioned as someone who might be on the hot seat this morning on the radio.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2017-10-31 16:38:15 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

admin (289)
Administrator

BYU could easily be on the list. BYU is bad.

#4 2017-10-31 17:05:21 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

AndreWhere wrote:

I actually heard Fedora mentioned as someone who might be on the hot seat this morning on the radio.

No way. That's just radio hot air. He got an extension prior to this season. He probably gets another 2 years to rebuild.

#5 2017-10-31 17:25:13 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

99beers (303)

Rebuild?   They are all his recruits.   He did the same thing here.  Burnt all the redshirts, recruited hard for two years, then rested.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#6 2017-11-01 08:03:39 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

AndreWhere (1252)

AndreWhere wrote:

No way. That's just radio hot air. He got an extension prior to this season. He probably gets another 2 years to rebuild.

Agreed; the guys this was coming from were the same people who got fired from another station for mocking Steve Gleason in a skit.

Incidentally, the station that fired them is a Korean language station now. It went from being the Falcons' flagship to running a national ESPN feed after the firings to running Korean language programming. Those three knuckleheads basically killed the station.

Don't know why they still have jobs or why I listen, except that the other sports station has Hugh Douglas on in the morning, and he does zero preparation and has no radio skills.

#7 2017-11-01 10:58:19 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

TheHeadEagle (27)

99beers wrote:

Rebuild?   They are all his recruits.   He did the same thing here.  Burnt all the redshirts, recruited hard for two years, then rested.

You need to read about what's happened at UNC before you spout off about what you don't understand.  They lost a lot of key players to the NFL last season....they have had a TON of players injured this year.   It's been incredible the amount of injured players on their team.

He's been recruiting with a handicap (MAJOR PROBATION) since he's been there yet has been BOWL ELIGIBLE EVERY YEAR there....something no other coach at UNC has EVER done.   He's having one bad season.  This is only year two of his recruiting while NOT ON PROBATION.  He gets two more seasons.  We'll see in two years how it turns out.

#8 2017-11-01 12:55:10 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

TheHeadEagle wrote:
99beers wrote:

You need to read about what's happened at UNC before you spout off about what you don't understand.  They lost a lot of key players to the NFL last season....they have had a TON of players injured this year.   It's been incredible the amount of injured players on their team.

He's been recruiting with a handicap (MAJOR PROBATION) since he's been there yet has been BOWL ELIGIBLE EVERY YEAR there....something no other coach at UNC has EVER done.   He's having one bad season.  This is only year two of his recruiting while NOT ON PROBATION.  He gets two more seasons.  We'll see in two years how it turns out.

I watched the game against Miami. They put up a graphic that stated UNC has 17 starters injured right now. He gets a pass this season.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#9 2017-11-01 14:40:29 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

99beers (303)

TheHeadEagle wrote:

He's been recruiting with a handicap (MAJOR PROBATION) since he's been there yet has been BOWL ELIGIBLE EVERY YEAR there....something no other coach at UNC has EVER done.  .

How wrong you are, as usual.........  Look up Bill Dooley in the 70's dude.

#10 2017-11-02 08:34:46 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

TheHeadEagle (27)

99beers wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

He's been recruiting with a handicap (MAJOR PROBATION) since he's been there yet has been BOWL ELIGIBLE EVERY YEAR there....something no other coach at UNC has EVER done.  .

HA HA HA, you had to research (wikipedia) and had to go all the way back 45 years to find Fedora's equivalent.   Awesome....sort of proves my point actually.

For your sake I'll rephrase:   "In 45 years at UNC no coach has done what Fedora has done."  There, fixed it for ya.  HA HA HA HA

EDIT, so for the F of it, I looked it up.   Dooley wasn't Bowl Eligible every year he was at UNC.   Jesus, and to think I was taking your word for it.   Why would you post a rebuttal that's so easy to disprove????????  So Dooley was bowl eligible 6 times out of 11 seasons at UNC.   There, those are the facts.

Last edited by TheHeadEagle (2017-11-02 08:47:49)

#11 2017-11-02 09:09:57 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

skyvoyager (177)

TheHeadEagle wrote:
99beers wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

HA HA HA, you had to research (wikipedia) and had to go all the way back 45 years to find Fedora's equivalent.   Awesome....sort of proves my point actually.

For your sake I'll rephrase:   "In 45 years at UNC no coach has done what Fedora has done."  There, fixed it for ya.  HA HA HA HA

EDIT, so for the F of it, I looked it up.   Dooley wasn't Bowl Eligible every year he was at UNC.   Jesus, and to think I was taking your word for it.   Why would you post a rebuttal that's so easy to disprove????????  So Dooley was bowl eligible 6 times out of 11 seasons at UNC.   There, those are the facts.

wait we have to post facts now?.... like Fedora never won a CUSA title?

99beers wrote:

Stop trying to make him out as some great coach, he isn't, or wasn't.  He never won a cusa championship.  His records at usm were 7-6, 7-6, 8-5, and a 11-2.  One really good year does not make a coach.  He has had his run........nobody wants him anymore.  Just proved out to be an average coach.  Again, 1 really good year at UNC.....blah blah.......

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#12 2017-11-02 09:11:54 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

AndreWhere (1252)

Shows you how much people care about CUSA championships.

#13 2017-11-02 18:34:01 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

USMstang (303)

TheHeadEagle wrote:
99beers wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

Head - not getting in on y'alls debate here but I don't think Beers did any research there.  While I recall as a youngster that UNC was pretty decent at times in the 70s, I'm sure Beers recollection is quite vivid being that his dad was part of Dooley's staff for several years.  Just sayin...

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

#14 2017-11-02 18:51:10 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:
99beers wrote:

Head - not getting in on y'alls debate here but I don't think Beers did any research there.  While I recall as a youngster that UNC was pretty decent at times in the 70s, I'm sure Beers recollection is quite vivid being that his dad was part of Dooley's staff for several years.  Just sayin...

I would accept that as research. Anyone who posts unsubstantiated shit here is quickly banned.

#15 2017-11-02 19:12:41 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

99beers (303)

72-77

#16 2017-11-02 19:18:13 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

AndreWhere (1252)

I'm guessing that's the final score from USM @ Memphis basketball circa 2011?

#17 2017-11-02 19:21:25 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

99beers (303)

AndreWhere wrote:

I'm guessing that's the final score from USM @ Memphis basketball circa 2011?

Lol....years at unc

#18 2017-11-02 19:29:53 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

99beers (303)

Err 71-77.    Got to go to 5 bowls in 7 years.  71 was 9-3 year gator bowl.

Gator bowl
2- sun bowls
Peach bowl
Liberty bowl.

These bowls meant something back then.

#19 2017-11-02 19:32:54 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

99beers (303)

Collins was almost there for the same time but he left in 76? Or so for usm.

#20 2017-11-02 19:33:11 - ESPN Bottom Ten "Halloween Edition"

AndreWhere (1252)

99beers wrote:

Err 71-77.    Got to go to 5 bowls in 7 years.  71 was 9-3 year gator bowl.

Gator bowl
2- sun bowls
Peach bowl
Liberty bowl.

These bowls meant something back then.

Those are all respectable bowls. Anything better than an Independence Bowl is a "respectabowl" LOL.

Board footer