CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-05 08:26:33 - The Morning After

99beers (303)

The Morning After

Few observations from the Tn game last night.

We run two different offenses depending upon what qb is in the game.  With Howard its an all vanilla high school designed system leaning strongly to the run and bland play calling.   With Griggs (even one handed) we almost look like a real college offense.  At times explosive.   Makes you wonder how the OC feels when Howard starts because Hopson chose that.   No doubt who the better qb is, so why does this continue to happen?  One can only speculate.

Penalties.  Regardless of whether you felt the Sec refs stunk, we continue to hurt our cause with countless stupid penalties.  We actually almost set a record last night.  This is a 100% reflection of coaching and discipline. 

Time and clock management.  Worse I have ever seen.  Go back and watch the end of the first half.  Makes me cringe.  Seems ole hop likes to keep the games close by running the clock out and hopes to keep in striking distance at the end.  Problem is, that has only worked once, and we were very lucky.  How about lets play to win from the opening snap?  Novel idea, huh?

Defense.  Not bad guys.  Not at all.  Kudos to them!

Tenn was not a good team, but we were still matching up with sec talent, and we did a fair job of that.  Kids play hard and want to win, you can see that, but this Hopson led staff is holding them back.

Peace out.

Last edited by 99beers (2017-11-05 08:34:34)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#2 2017-11-05 09:05:20 - The Morning After

southern miss slacker (304)

Re: The Morning After

wasn't that the theme song of the Poseidon Adventure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KClpLzFftU

#3 2017-11-05 09:08:02 - The Morning After

CajunEagle (44)

I'm still bummed out over that blocking the field goal penalty.  Glad to see some passion out of Hopson, but I can't believe that the only way to make that call correct is to have the Line Judge hold a Protractor to make sure the offender hasn't jumped at least 1 degree forward.  I understand the reasoning behind the penalty, but I ( and You ) saw no reason to make that call at that time.

#4 2017-11-05 09:28:52 - The Morning After

AndreWhere (1252)

99beers wrote:

Seems ole hop likes to keep the games close by running the clock out and hopes to keep in striking distance at the end.  Problem is, that has only worked once, and we were very lucky.  How about lets play to win from the opening snap?  Novel idea, huh?

No shit. It's Bowerball all over again, an absolute waste of some pretty talented players.

At times it's like watching a kid figure out a football video game. The play clock runs down inexplicably while the kid hammers at all the different buttons. Occasionally he'll get the ball to the right player, and you'll see a long play, but there's no coherent attack on the end zone going on.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2017-11-05 12:18:07 - The Morning After

Reggie Favre (83)

99beers wrote:

Few observations from the Tn game last night.

We run two different offenses depending upon what qb is in the game.  With Howard its an all vanilla high school designed system leaning strongly to the run and bland play calling.   With Griggs (even one handed) we almost look like a real college offense.  At times explosive.   Makes you wonder how the OC feels when Howard starts because Hopson chose that.   No doubt who the better qb is, so why does this continue to happen?  One can only speculate.

Penalties.  Regardless of whether you felt the Sec refs stunk, we continue to hurt our cause with countless stupid penalties.  We actually almost set a record last night.  This is a 100% reflection of coaching and discipline. 

Time and clock management.  Worse I have ever seen.  Go back and watch the end of the first half.  Makes me cringe.  Seems ole hop likes to keep the games close by running the clock out and hopes to keep in striking distance at the end.  Problem is, that has only worked once, and we were very lucky.  How about lets play to win from the opening snap?  Novel idea, huh?

Defense.  Not bad guys.  Not at all.  Kudos to them!

Tenn was not a good team, but we were still matching up with sec talent, and we did a fair job of that.  Kids play hard and want to win, you can see that, but this Hopson led staff is holding them back.

Peace out.

good post.  you nailed it.

#6 2017-11-05 12:37:55 - The Morning After

TheChosenOne (295)

AndreWhere wrote:
99beers wrote:

Seems ole hop likes to keep the games close by running the clock out and hopes to keep in striking distance at the end.  Problem is, that has only worked once, and we were very lucky.  How about lets play to win from the opening snap?  Novel idea, huh?

No shit. It's Bowerball all over again.

All things wrong with Southern Miss Athletics = Bower
All things right with Southern Miss Athletics = Fedora / Monk

Check - got it

#7 2017-11-05 12:47:07 - The Morning After

AndreWhere (1252)

TheChosenOne wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:
99beers wrote:

Check - got it

I've got no big problem with Bower, but hanging around on a P5 team in hopes of catching a break late in the game was definitely his style. He was better at it than Hopson is.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#8 2017-11-05 12:51:39 - The Morning After

TheChosenOne (295)

AndreWhere wrote:
TheChosenOne wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

Check - got it

I've got no big problem with Bower, but hanging around on a P5 team in hopes of catching a break late in the game was definitely his style. He was better at it than Hopson is.

Hopson’s #1 problem is his inability to step away from the defense long enough to engage offense. He’s turned the reigns over to Dawson basically saying handle it.  As head coach he should be deep into Dawson’s annus cavity.

#9 2017-11-05 19:39:43 - The Morning After

99beers (303)

Naw, either dawson goes or ne goes.  I think its more hop than dawson.  Dawson is strapped with what Howard can do.   Fkg idiots.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Board footer