CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-06 07:35:32 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

99beers (303)

What to expect for Rice this week.....

Powerful 1-8 rices.....

I dunno, but something stupid i am sure

Maybe hop pulls the shirt and plays the cuban canon?   

Maybe he starts griggs

Maybe he lets dumb dawson game plan alone?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Liked by:

#2 2017-11-06 08:14:46 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

Lloydlake (139)

Re: What to expect for Rice this week.....

Maybe all of the above.
ZERO interest in this game & the rest of the season.
Flopson has thrown away what could have been a pretty good season.

Liked by:

#3 2017-11-06 08:42:58 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

99beers (303)

Lol Flopson!!!!

Liked by:

#4 2017-11-06 12:08:50 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

99beers (303)

Hop said griggs got his cast off sunday and will start.   Game on stadiumTv facebook

#5 2017-11-06 13:01:28 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

TheHeadEagle (27)

Seriously, does anyone even give a shit about this game?   I don't even know if it's a home game....don't give a fk either.     I'll tune in opening game next season to gauge how good or terrible we'll be.  Until then, I'll bitch and moan on this site and refuse to watch this train wreck of a coaching staff.

#6 2017-11-06 13:38:48 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Lets evaluate how we have been since November 1, 2016.....

Overall Record: 7-7
CUSA Record: 4-5.....and a miracle against LaTech from being 3-6
Record against teams with a winning record: 3-4 With the wins coming against Southern, La Tech and UTSA
In November of 2016, we finished the month with a 1-3 record

Rice is giving up 37 points per game on average this season. They have played a much stronger non conference schedule but they have not been competitive in any of those games. UAB blew them up last week but offensively, they scored 21 points on the road at UAB compared to our 10 at home. They have played 3 different QB's this season and have thrown 14 picks so far.

We should win this game and become bowl eligible. Rice has lost 7 in a row. There is absolutely no way possible we lose this game.......right?

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2017-11-06 13:41:56)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#7 2017-11-06 13:58:14 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Will there be less people at Owl State or the important game vs. Community College of Charlotte?

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#8 2017-11-06 15:32:32 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

admin (289)
Administrator

TheHeadEagle wrote:

Seriously, does anyone even give a shit about this game?   I don't even know if it's a home game....don't give a fk either.     I'll tune in opening game next season to gauge how good or terrible we'll be.  Until then, I'll bitch and moan on this site and refuse to watch this train wreck of a coaching staff.

We don't know the whole story of 2017 yet.

We can win out and go 9-4. If Kwadra is indeed better than Keon, that's far from impossible. Marshall is beatable, as will be our bowl opponent.

9-4 would be our best finish since Fedora left. Nobody complained when Monken went 9-5.

I said it already: if we can get 8 or 9, I'll take it and be happy. I'm not falling into the "but UAB" trap. You'll make yourself miserable with that kind of thinking. 

I don't want 6 or 7, though. I'd rather a full disaster, because of the personnel implications.

#9 2017-11-06 16:13:24 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

TheHeadEagle (27)

admin wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

We don't know the whole story of 2017 yet.

We can win out and go 9-4. If Kwadra is indeed better than Keon, that's far from impossible. Marshall is beatable, as will be our bowl opponent.

9-4 would be our best finish since Fedora left. Nobody complained when Monken went 9-5.

I said it already: if we can get 8 or 9, I'll take it and be happy. I'm not falling into the "but UAB" trap. You'll make yourself miserable with that kind of thinking. 

I don't want 6 or 7, though. I'd rather a full disaster, because of the personnel implications.

I get it....I seriously do.  But 8-9 wins with this ridiculously cupcake schedule isn't very exciting.  Especially given the fact that had Griggs started vs Kentucky, that might have been a different game.....DITTO for Tenn.   I fully expected us to TTT some games, we do that every year....and of course USM didn't disappoint.  But to see us lose merely because this fn coaching staff refused to play Griggs is something I can't get over.  It doesn't even make sense to me.    Beating Rice and any other cream puff isn't going to make up for it.  I feel like we actually have some talent on our team. 

And our defense....damn, they have actually been playing well, currently ranked 18th in total defense...SAY WHAT???   It's our damn offense, (currently 49th) and it starts with the QB play of which this staff has totally screwed up.

Last edited by TheHeadEagle (2017-11-06 16:15:46)

#10 2017-11-06 17:19:30 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

admin (289)
Administrator

TheHeadEagle wrote:

I get it....I seriously do.  But 8-9 wins with this ridiculously cupcake schedule isn't very exciting.  Especially given the fact that had Griggs started vs Kentucky, that might have been a different game.....DITTO for Tenn.   I fully expected us to TTT some games, we do that every year....and of course USM didn't disappoint.  But to see us lose merely because this fn coaching staff refused to play Griggs is something I can't get over.  It doesn't even make sense to me.    Beating Rice and any other cream puff isn't going to make up for it.  I feel like we actually have some talent on our team. 

And our defense....damn, they have actually been playing well, currently ranked 18th in total defense...SAY WHAT???   It's our damn offense, (currently 49th) and it starts with the QB play of which this staff has totally screwed up.

8 wins should be the absolute floor of what's considered success against that schedule. At best, 8-5 means you blew two opportunities against mediocre SEC teams plus losing to a G5 bowl team and two no-name CUSA teams. That's a lot of blown opportunities.

That said, I'm still going to watch to see if the team gets there. What I'd like to see is for Kwadra to take most of the snaps in our last few games, and to win a few games (as in "more than two").

#11 2017-11-06 17:50:19 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

Black Diamond Reb (418)

admin wrote:

8-5 means you blew two opportunities against mediocre SEC teams plus losing to a G5 bowl team and two no-name CUSA teams. That's a raise and extension.

Every time.

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

#12 2017-11-06 17:53:14 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

admin (289)
Administrator

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
admin wrote:

8-5 means you blew two opportunities against mediocre SEC teams plus losing to a G5 bowl team and two no-name CUSA teams. That's a raise and extension.

Every time.

I predicted as much yesterday. Give Gilbert any excuse to just declare the season a success and keep the cruise control on and he'll do it. Doesn't matter if Hop's "his guy." Gilbert doesn't give a flip about having an excellent football team. Football is just one more box to check to him. He'll only make a change if the bean count demands it, and even then I wouldn't expect anything too out-of-the-box from him.

#13 2017-11-06 18:30:08 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

admin wrote:

Didn’t realize 9 wins was still within reach with his team. Griggs gives us a good chance at that number playing to his potential. You finish this season 4-0 and see solid growth at qb you just shake your head and laugh that this team matched the 97 team in victories and even played Tennessee closer compared to that Liberty team.

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2017-11-06 18:33:53)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#14 2017-11-06 18:38:36 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

You finish this season 4-0 and see that this team matched the 97 team in victories and even played Tennessee closer compared to that team.

That shit's not all gonna fit on a banner.

Liked by:

#15 2017-11-06 18:44:10 - What to expect for Rice this week.....

AndreWhere (1252)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

You finish this season 4-0 and see that this team matched the 97 team in victories and even played Tennessee closer compared to that team.

That shit's not all gonna fit on a banner.

They'll just put "8 time NOLA Bowl champs or whatever."

Fuck Polymer Science and football, man, what USM needs to start up is an international center for sunshine-pumping. Name it after Giannini for fuck's sake.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Liked by:

Board footer