CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-12 10:29:45 - Hot Takes: Week 10

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

Hot Takes: Week 10

Southern Miss:  A "W" is a "W", but we gave up 34 points to one of the worst C-USA teams I've ever seen. Griggs & Co. should handle Charlotte and struggle with Marshall.

Alabama: got punched in the mouth by an underrated Miss. State team. Saban continues to live by the boring, no-frills playcalling, and almost died by the same sword (again).

Auburn: Would have destroyed Alabama yesterday. Saban has the better team, but with his unimaginative, play-it-safe approach, Auburn is one of quite a few teams capable of raising up and beating Bama on a given day. Especially at Jordan Hare.

Miami: That Cuban chain thing is PERFECT! Does any symbol better reflect a college football team's persona than that oversized, gaudy piece of tackiness? I'm a Miami hater, but something looks right about seeing those guys at the center of the universe on national TV on a SAturday night.

Miss. State - very, very good football team. Speed, physical, and QB. Three losses are to Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama.

Notre Dame - WTF? Is this how you guys show up to stake your claim for a playoff spot? Not ready for prime time yet.

Ohio State: I'm no longer listening to anyone touting the Buckeyes until J.T. Barrett has moved on. He's the most overrated player in the game and can't be trusted to lead a big time offense each week.

#2 2017-11-12 10:43:02 - Hot Takes: Week 10

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: Hot Takes: Week 10

That's an interesting take on Ohio State. I'm a Big Ten skeptic in general. It's a conference that generally underperforms its hype.

#3 2017-11-12 11:08:08 - Hot Takes: Week 10

tg300 (439)

admin wrote:

That's an interesting take on Ohio State. I'm a Big Ten skeptic in general. It's a conference that generally underperforms its hype.

You can add Norte Dame in that analysis as well.

#4 2017-11-12 17:21:31 - Hot Takes: Week 10

AndreWhere (1252)

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:

Southern Miss:  A "W" is a "W", but we gave up 34 points to one of the worst C-USA teams I've ever seen. Griggs & Co. should handle Charlotte and struggle with Marshall.

Something stinks about the USM defense. Don't know if people have figured something out, or if somebody said the wrong thing in the locker room, or what. Could just be that the refs have wised up to some shit they were getting away with. In any case, that defense last night was much worse than anything we saw prior, and I don't like it.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2017-11-12 17:21:52)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2017-11-12 18:51:44 - Hot Takes: Week 10

USMstang (303)

The line is almost completely interchangeable throughout the 2 deep...that obviously isn't good.  I do like Jacques Turner (99) and he has three more years to further progress.  I believe he will do quite well for us.  We need more like him for sure. 

There's one pretty decent LB in Schrimsher; Tarvarious Moore is having a good year

Whatever the weakness is, UNT, UAB, and Rice had good enough coaches to figure it out along with UT and UK...and that isn't saying much.

Last edited by USMstang (2017-11-12 18:52:54)

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#6 2017-11-13 16:45:13 - Hot Takes: Week 10

Mlytc (24)

AndreWhere wrote:

Something stinks about the USM defense. Don't know if people have figured something out, or if somebody said the wrong thing in the locker room, or what. Could just be that the refs have wised up to some shit they were getting away with. In any case, that defense last night was much worse than anything we saw prior, and I don't like it.

We haven't been able to stop anybody with a big running back from running inside on us for two seasons now except for UTEP last year and that was only because one of our D lineman threw their big RB against a storage locker on the sideline and he was injured.  UAB had a back that went for 200+ on us 2 weeks ago, so I'm not sure where you're getting that Saturday was "much worse than anything we saw prior".

#7 2017-11-13 17:20:18 - Hot Takes: Week 10

AndreWhere (1252)

Mlytc wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

We haven't been able to stop anybody with a big running back from running inside on us for two seasons now except for UTEP last year and that was only because one of our D lineman threw their big RB against a storage locker on the sideline and he was injured.  UAB had a back that went for 200+ on us 2 weeks ago, so I'm not sure where you're getting that Saturday was "much worse than anything we saw prior".

It's true, teams have run on us. Seeing a one-win team take 5 possessions in a row to the end zone on us doesn't compare to the UAB game in my mind, though. UAB's second half possessions ended in a punt twice, a TD twice, a missed FG, and a made FG, and our offense wasn't doing shit to help at the time.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer