CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-02 10:02:06 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

admin (289)
Administrator

CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Both games kick off at 12:00 Eastern time today. "We" get ESPN2. The MAC gets ESPN.

That pretty much settles it: CUSA is the 9th best conference, behind the G5 plus the AAC, MWC, and MAC. Depressing.

#2 2017-12-02 10:47:52 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Re: CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

I don't think being in the 6th 9th best conference is too bad.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#3 2017-12-02 10:50:59 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

99beers (303)

Don't matter....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#4 2017-12-02 10:55:32 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Black Diamond Reb (418)

More diversity should help the situation.

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

Liked by:

#5 2017-12-02 10:55:46 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

admin (289)
Administrator

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

I don't think being in the 6th 9th best conference is too bad.

Being in the 9th best conference is awful. Six was once our aspiration. We fell from there to here too damned fast.

#6 2017-12-02 10:57:18 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Black Diamond Reb (418)

admin wrote:

Being in the 9th best conference is awful. Six was once our aspiration. We fell from there to here too damned fast.

Don't be shocked when SUNWACUSA is looked back upon fondly by the bleaters.

#7 2017-12-02 11:06:27 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

TheChosenOne (295)

FAU gets field goal on opening drive. Kendal Briles has that O looking good

#8 2017-12-02 11:17:18 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

admin (289)
Administrator

TheChosenOne wrote:

FAU gets field goal on opening drive. Kendal Briles has that O looking good

Yeah, FAU looks good. Kiffin is cutting through this faux conference like a warm knife though I Can't Believe It's Not FCS.

Liked by:

#9 2017-12-02 11:17:33 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

TheChosenOne (295)

FAU second drive results on TD. 10-0

Kiffen bout to embarrass Norf Texas

#10 2017-12-02 11:43:36 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Reggie Favre (83)

admin wrote:

Both games kick off at 12:00 Eastern time today. "We" get ESPN2. The MAC gets ESPN.

That pretty much settles it: CUSA is the 9th best conference, behind the G5 plus the AAC, MWC, and MAC. Depressing.

well im glad some people are finally catching on about how shitty this conference is.  there are clowns on some of these boards that were laying down and jerking off in hopes of going bowling against a MWC or MAC school instead of a Sun Belt school.  ALL those conferences are SHIT!  eventually, these same clowns will realize that CUSA is no better than the Sun Belt. 

and where is/are the dumbfucks that were screaming about how the AAC was just as bad as CUSA?  you dumb fucking idiot(s)!

turn on the AAC champ game.  ok, now flip to the CUSA game.  see how dumb you are?

now are you people realizing why i said years ago that we need to get the hell out of CUSA and even go Independent if that's what it took?

Last edited by Reggie Favre (2017-12-02 11:44:44)

Liked by:

#11 2017-12-02 11:51:24 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Lloydlake (139)

Reggie Favre wrote:

now are you people realizing why i said years ago that we need to get the hell out of CUSA and even go Independent if that's what it took?

Uhm.....we've all been saying that for years. Not like you've been a lone wolf on that.

Liked by:

#12 2017-12-02 11:54:33 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Reggie Favre (83)

Lloydlake wrote:
Reggie Favre wrote:

Uhm.....we've all been saying that for years. Not like you've been a lone wolf on that.

most haven't been happy with being in CUSA.  some have been saying CUSA was as good as the AAC. 

NO ONE but me has been saying for years that we should go Indy.

Last edited by Reggie Favre (2017-12-02 11:55:24)

#13 2017-12-02 11:56:47 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

admin (289)
Administrator

Lloydlake wrote:
Reggie Favre wrote:

There are people who took way too long to get it. There were people who said we'd have an easier road to the access bowl in CUSA (which isn't necessarily all that significant even if it's true). There are still people who claim to believe that the AAC was a mistake and it will go bankrupt from travel costs / poor attendance or whatever.

The other board was littered with that kind of shitposting circa 2012-2013. It was not fun to see.

Liked by:

#14 2017-12-02 11:57:51 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

TheChosenOne (295)

We’ll be fine

Liked by:

#15 2017-12-02 11:58:19 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

FAU looks solid. Was curious to see how they would respond after Kiffin goofed around all week on social media but he clearly has his team well prepared. He is wanting to make a statement today and in a bowl game against USF. If UCF trips today you will see a UCF FAU bowl game. Either way FAU is gong to represent CUSA well against the AAC. CUSA might have another chance of playing the AAC in Texas, either SMU or Houston.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#16 2017-12-02 11:59:09 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Aquila (9)

The CUSA game is basically a Lane Kiffin/FAU love fest. Now watching the AAC game. CUSA is NO WHERE NEAR being in the same league with ANY of those teams. It’s really sad how far we’ve fallen but that’s just the way it is these days. Not sure what can really be done about it at this point.

Liked by:

#17 2017-12-02 12:02:01 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

admin (289)
Administrator

Aquila wrote:

The CUSA game is basically a Lane Kiffin/FAU love fest. Now watching the AAC game. CUSA is NO WHERE NEAR being in the same league with ANY of those teams. It’s really sad how far we’ve fallen but that’s just the way it is these days. Not sure what can really be done about it at this point.

I can't say much about the finances, etc., but I would much rather see USM play as an independent, go back to 4 or 5 home games per year, and play the P5 on the road. That's USM's heritage, not this 20-odd year experiment with made-up conferences, regardless of what Mr. Mumbles or anyone else tries to put out there.

#18 2017-12-02 12:05:54 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Reggie Favre (83)

admin wrote:
Aquila wrote:

I can't say much about the finances, etc., but I would much rather see USM play as an independent, go back to 4 or 5 home games per year, and play the P5 on the road. That's USM's heritage, not this 20-odd year experiment with made-up conferences, regardless of what Mr. Mumbles or anyone else tries to put out there.

thank you.  it would be different if we were getting $10 million or even $5 million a year from being in CUSA, but we are getting $200k.  Dumbest thing ever to stay in this conference and spend money driving all over the country playing these shit schools.

Liked by:

#19 2017-12-02 12:20:53 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Lloydlake (139)

Watching Memfrica / UCF.  Looks like BIG TIME football. Guessing either of these teams would clear their bench's in a game against USM.

#20 2017-12-02 12:48:12 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

southern miss slacker (304)

admin wrote:
Aquila wrote:

I'm sure our recruits would love it too.

Board footer