CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2017-12-02 12:52:12 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Per Bruce Feldman....SOURCE: #Nebraska AD calling recruits and telling them Scott Frost has 90% of his staff in place, and they will be pleased.

I guess this is going to be his last game at UCF.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#22 2017-12-02 13:25:58 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

AndreWhere (1252)

I don't think there are 5,000 people there. Somebody on the other board said it was 15,000 and expressed his embarrassment... if that looks like 15,000 people to you, you probably need to see an opthamologist.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#23 2017-12-02 13:34:08 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

AndreWhere (1252)

southern miss slacker wrote:
admin wrote:
Aquila wrote:

The CUSA game is basically a Lane Kiffin/FAU love fest. Now watching the AAC game. CUSA is NO WHERE NEAR being in the same league with ANY of those teams. It’s really sad how far we’ve fallen but that’s just the way it is these days. Not sure what can really be done about it at this point.

I can't say much about the finances, etc., but I would much rather see USM play as an independent, go back to 4 or 5 home games per year, and play the P5 on the road. That's USM's heritage, not this 20-odd year experiment with made-up conferences, regardless of what Mr. Mumbles or anyone else tries to put out there.

I'm sure our recruits would love it too.

I think it depends. If you're a kid who thinks you've been unjustly overlooked by the P5, and that you have the talent to play at that level and maybe even professionally, then an independent USM would be a good place to be. You'd get plenty of opportunities to show the P5 they were wrong, and to get yourself on TV for people to see it. That used to be a pitch we could make.

What's our pitch now? You get to play against UNT on Twitter? You only have to play 6 or 7 road games per year?

#24 2017-12-02 13:38:48 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

TheChosenOne wrote:

We’ll be fine

Reportedly

#25 2017-12-02 13:40:54 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

AndreWhere (1252)

As good as FAU looks against NT, don't forget they lost to Navy (a 6-5 AAC team) and Buffalo (6-6 MAC team). The C-ClapYaHandsForTheSnap champs get pushed around by middling MAC teams.

#26 2017-12-02 13:57:00 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

AndreWhere (1252)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

More diversity should help the situation.

Sure would. Like, maybe we need some teams with fans in addition to teams that don't have fans. Maybe we add a team that uses an actual snap count, or one 90% of people don't think is FCS. These subtle variations in the C-USA mix could make a world of difference. Just a few examples of the power of diversity.

#27 2017-12-02 13:59:14 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

CajunEagle (44)

Just shut the Football program down for, maybe, one season.  Let's get our shit together during that time.  Tell C-USA to kiss our collective asses and go Independent.  May have to clean house....with a strong, young AD who would come in and work on finding monies that will sustain us for at least a decade.  I know this is pie-in-the-sky ideology, but I think this is what it will take moving forward.  If we can't survive that ten years, then fuck it,

Liked by:

#28 2017-12-02 14:08:11 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Black Diamond Reb (418)

No need to discount if and hope Chief.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#29 2017-12-02 14:09:13 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

No need to discount if and hope Chief.

You can just about take hope off the table at this point. Maybe replace it with "if we would've".

#30 2017-12-02 14:17:05 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:

You can just about take hope off the table at this point.

Sounds like you need to e mail Sonya.

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

#31 2017-12-02 14:18:49 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Narrative on this board changes if Indy ends up our destination and we win. Minus the Peach Bowl for UCF you will have played in the best G5 bowl option and possibly have the biggest upset of the non New Years bowl games.

Confident we will still complain about how we deserve better if that plays out....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#32 2017-12-02 14:19:05 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

AndreWhere (1252)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

Just don't get Weisensteiny with her. She is a proud woman and not amenable to that shit.

#33 2017-12-02 14:25:39 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

If Indy ends up our destination we will have played in the best G5 bowl.

http://www.aaujrogames.org/

#34 2017-12-02 14:26:15 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

If Indy ends up our destination we will have played in the best G5 bowl.

http://www.aaujrogames.org/

#35 2017-12-02 14:27:11 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

AndreWhere (1252)

#36 2017-12-02 17:49:20 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

tg300 (439)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

And go ‘all in’.

#37 2017-12-02 18:11:14 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

southern miss slacker (304)

C31vHbsXAAAtYb7.jpg

#38 2017-12-02 18:14:28 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

AndreWhere (1252)

Last edited by AndreWhere (2017-12-02 18:14:59)

#39 2017-12-02 21:24:50 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

Ford Prefect (72)

Reggie Favre wrote:
Lloydlake wrote:
Reggie Favre wrote:

now are you people realizing why i said years ago that we need to get the hell out of CUSA and even go Independent if that's what it took?

Uhm.....we've all been saying that for years. Not like you've been a lone wolf on that.

most haven't been happy with being in CUSA.  some have been saying CUSA was as good as the AAC. 

NO ONE but me has been saying for years that we should go Indy.

I love it when people say half baked shit.  this one isn't even partly baked.

off the top of my head, I can think of three programs that have proven to be viable as independents;  army, byu, and notre dame.

there ought to be some obvious inferences that should immediately occur to people; these are pretty unique situations.  so, unless you think we can, like, tomorrow, begin defending the country from jihadi terrorists and whack job nuclear powers, or found our own religion, or corner the market on an entire ethnicity, I think the whole notion of independence is pretty, um, shall we say, not fully thought out.

not to mention the fact that we can't seem to win this conference that everyone thinks is so crappy. 

it just seems like pointless bitching to me.

#40 2017-12-02 21:58:46 - CUSA championship to air on ESPN2 as MAC championship airs on ESPN

southern miss slacker (304)

Ford Prefect wrote:
Reggie Favre wrote:
Lloydlake wrote:

Uhm.....we've all been saying that for years. Not like you've been a lone wolf on that.

most haven't been happy with being in CUSA.  some have been saying CUSA was as good as the AAC. 

NO ONE but me has been saying for years that we should go Indy.

I love it when people say half baked shit.  this one isn't even partly baked.

off the top of my head, I can think of three programs that have proven to be viable as independents;  army, byu, and notre dame.

there ought to be some obvious inferences that should immediately occur to people; these are pretty unique situations.  so, unless you think we can, like, tomorrow, begin defending the country from jihadi terrorists and whack job nuclear powers, or found our own religion, or corner the market on an entire ethnicity, I think the whole notion of independence is pretty, um, shall we say, not fully thought out.

not to mention the fact that we can't seem to win this conference that everyone thinks is so crappy. 

it just seems like pointless bitching to me.

some people on the other board pointed out that RF is not a graduate of usm. he never attended college. not hard to imagine when you read what he writes and how he writes.

Board footer