CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-03 20:54:23 - What happened during those 45 minutes or so when it was FSU vs. ???

admin (289)
Administrator

What happened during those 45 minutes or so when it was FSU vs. ???

Seems like there was some back-and-forth between the game, CUSA, and maybe some CUSA teams.

What was going on? I've speculated about it a little. There was a guy from Chicago tweeting that CUSA was "holding up" the bowl selection process, and that they were trying to find a home for LA Tech.

A pretty decent destination was eventually found for Tech, in Frisco, TX, but certainly they'd have rather gone to Shreveport... I think. There was some drama between Tech and that bowl in 2012, when Tech tried to buy time with the bowl and ended up staying home.

There was a lot going on there. I don't pretend to understand it, but I'm open to being educated.

#2 2017-12-03 21:07:15 - What happened during those 45 minutes or so when it was FSU vs. ???

tg300 (439)

Re: What happened during those 45 minutes or so when it was FSU vs. ???

admin wrote:

Seems like there was some back-and-forth between the game, CUSA, and maybe some CUSA teams.

What was going on? I've speculated about it a little. There was a guy from Chicago tweeting that CUSA was "holding up" the bowl selection process, and that they were trying to find a home for LA Tech.

A pretty decent destination was eventually found for Tech, in Frisco, TX, but certainly they'd have rather gone to Shreveport... I think. There was some drama between Tech and that bowl in 2012, when Tech tried to buy time with the bowl and ended up staying home.

There was a lot going on there. I don't pretend to understand it, but I'm open to being educated.

I can see LTs point, but I don’t give a shit.

Feckem

#3 2017-12-03 21:14:36 - What happened during those 45 minutes or so when it was FSU vs. ???

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Saw some discussion about the New Mexico Bowl as the actual delay. La Tech was set for Frisco well before it was officially announced since SMU had them listed as their opponent on their website for ticket sales. Possible delay trying to find UTSA a landing spot but who knows....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#4 2017-12-03 21:23:47 - What happened during those 45 minutes or so when it was FSU vs. ???

tg300 (439)

tg300 wrote:
admin wrote:

Feckem

Or Judy was recharging her Barbie Jeep.

One or the other.

#5 2017-12-03 21:24:13 - What happened during those 45 minutes or so when it was FSU vs. ???

admin (289)
Administrator

tg300 wrote:
admin wrote:

Feckem

We beat them, and they fucked over the Independence Bowl in 2012 anyway. They had a bid to this bowl game in 2012 and they publicly spurned them. Might be some bad blood there. It's not like Tech has all that much clout anyway, where they can go pissing off bowl games.

#6 2017-12-03 21:50:10 - What happened during those 45 minutes or so when it was FSU vs. ???

Ford Prefect (72)

admin wrote:
tg300 wrote:
admin wrote:

Feckem

We beat them, and they fucked over the Independence Bowl in 2012 anyway. They had a bid to this bowl game in 2012 and they publicly spurned them. Might be some bad blood there. It's not like Tech has all that much clout anyway, where they can go pissing off bowl games.

ah, that's right.  I had forgotten that latech's major bowl boner involved the independence bowl.  there bowl fuckups, and then there's that.  no wonder they have so much sand in their vaginas right now.

Liked by:

Board footer