CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-04 13:01:44 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

southern miss slacker (304)

how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

what Uniform and helmet will we wear?

#2 2017-12-04 13:02:40 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

beagle (173)

Re: how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Rumored that over 2500 tickets have been sold already. Don't know if we are home or away.

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#3 2017-12-04 13:05:57 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

beagle wrote:

Rumored that over 2500 tickets have been sold already. Don't know if we are home or away.

thanks beagle, keep us updated on that if you can. if we are home I hope we wear all yellow with the throwback helmet from 89 when we beat them. how cool would that be? and if away white on black.

#4 2017-12-04 13:16:11 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

skyvoyager (177)

southern miss slacker wrote:
beagle wrote:

if we are home I hope we wear all yellow with the throwback helmet from 89 when we beat them. how cool would that be?

that would make way too much sense so it won't happen

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#5 2017-12-04 13:56:26 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Black Diamond Reb (418)

I hope we wear all yellow with the throwback helmet from 89 when we beat them. how cool would that be.

Cooler than the PockCone saber tooth tiger masks on the Lil Boosie helmets.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#6 2017-12-04 14:57:23 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Ford Prefect (72)

beagle wrote:

thanks beagle, keep us updated on that if you can. if we are home I hope we wear all yellow with the throwback helmet from 89 when we beat them. how cool would that be? and if away white on black.

the yellow uniforms look like softball uniforms.  girl's softball uniforms.

Liked by:

#7 2017-12-04 16:51:02 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Looks like we're the away team. White on black.

#8 2017-12-04 16:53:32 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Ford Prefect wrote:
beagle wrote:

the yellow uniforms look like softball uniforms.  girl's softball uniforms.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
?

#9 2017-12-04 18:30:07 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Looks like White on black.

Announcement-Of-Prince-Harrys-Engagement-To-Meghan-Markle.jpeg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpeg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#10 2017-12-05 08:06:19 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

I hope we wear all yellow with the throwback helmet from 89 when we beat them. how cool would that be.

Cooler than the PockCone saber tooth tiger masks on the Lil Boosie helmets.

huh?

#11 2017-12-05 12:51:12 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Derwin James just declared for the NFL draft and will not play in the bowl game. so we got that going for us.

#12 2017-12-05 12:52:46 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

admin (289)
Administrator

Derwin James just declared for the NFL draft and will not play in the bowl game. so we got that going for us.

That is a trend that needs to stop. Believe it started with that Fournette clown over at LSU.

#13 2017-12-05 13:15:57 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

Put yourself in their place:  You're Fournette. You aren't getting paid anything to play college football. This includes your upcoming bowl game which is bring money back to your school....but has nothing to do with a national championship. You're a lock for first round selection. Your signing bonus alone will be more money than your parents will earn in a lifetime. Barring a knee injury in the bowl game, that is. It is a smart decision.

#14 2017-12-05 13:26:17 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

admin (289)
Administrator

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:

Put yourself in their place:  You're Fournette. You aren't getting paid anything to play college football. This includes your upcoming bowl game which is bring money back to your school....but has nothing to do with a national championship. You're a lock for first round selection. Your signing bonus alone will be more money than your parents will earn in a lifetime. Barring a knee injury in the bowl game, that is. It is a smart decision.

I don't really have a problem with the individual players. I was thinking the NCAA could do something systemic to at least reduce this trend. Career-ruining injuries in bowl games are infrequent enough that they could be insured against. I believe the players already get officially blessed draft ratings. The information is there to insure NFL-bound bowl participants for the approximate value of their rookie contracts.

#15 2017-12-05 13:39:27 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

admin wrote:

I was thinking the NCAA could do something systemic to at least reduce this trend. Career-ruining injuries in bowl games are infrequent enough that they could be insured against. I believe the players already get officially blessed draft ratings. The information is there to insure NFL-bound bowl participants for the approximate value of their rookie contracts.

Put your solution in place, and I think Fournette makes the same decision. He has nothing to gain by playing in a meaningless bowl game.

#16 2017-12-05 13:56:16 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

admin (289)
Administrator

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
admin wrote:

I was thinking the NCAA could do something systemic to at least reduce this trend. Career-ruining injuries in bowl games are infrequent enough that they could be insured against. I believe the players already get officially blessed draft ratings. The information is there to insure NFL-bound bowl participants for the approximate value of their rookie contracts.

Put your solution in place, and I think Fournette makes the same decision. He has nothing to gain by playing in a meaningless bowl game.

If he earns the insurance payout, he gets the money for playing in the bowl game. The other way to earn it involves going to the NFL Combine... then training camp... then playing in 4 preseason games, followed by 16 regular season games and maybe playoffs. Drug tests must be passed. Conduct must meet certain standards. Repeat this for several years.

There's an incentive there if you look hard enough, and there might also be more pressure to be a team player once the financial risks have been mitigated.

Or we could allow the status quo to remain in place, and let bowl season get shittier and shittier.

I realize USM fans are pretty fatalistic about things at this point, but insuring against risk to enable people to be entertained is not some wacky pipe dream.

#17 2017-12-05 14:23:50 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Black Diamond Reb (418)

admin wrote:

The other way is to be Jamarcus Russell.

No need to complicate things Chief

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

#18 2017-12-05 14:30:14 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

admin (289)
Administrator

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
admin wrote:

The other way is to be Jamarcus Russell.

No need to complicate things Chief

Or Johnathan Sullivan.

Can't remember if Russell played out his whole contract. He definitely got a huge signing bonus for not much.

#19 2017-12-05 14:36:49 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Black Diamond Reb (418)

admin wrote:

Can't remember if Russell played out his whole contract. He definitely got a huge signing bonus for not much.

Russell held out until the Raiders signed him to a contract worth $61 million with $32 million guaranteed. Russell played three seasons with the Raiders, compiling a 7–18 record as a starter. Due to his inconsistent play, the Raiders released him on May 6, 2010. He is often ranked as one of the biggest busts in NFL history.

#20 2017-12-05 14:50:01 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

admin wrote:

If he earns the insurance payout, he gets the money for playing in the bowl game. The other way to earn it involves going to the NFL Combine... then training camp... then playing in 4 preseason games, followed by 16 regular season games and maybe playoffs. Drug tests must be passed. Conduct must meet certain standards. Repeat this for several years.

There's an incentive there if you look hard enough, and there might also be more pressure to be a team player once the financial risks have been mitigated..

1. The number of 4th quarter bowl "injuries" would be unbelievable.

2. How do you decide who is in the pool? Do you cover everyone that has a chance of being drafted, and leave out the rest? Who decides that? Or is every player considered draft-worthy, thus insured?

Board footer