CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2017-12-05 15:03:32 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
admin wrote:

If he earns the insurance payout, he gets the money for playing in the bowl game. The other way to earn it involves going to the NFL Combine... then training camp... then playing in 4 preseason games, followed by 16 regular season games and maybe playoffs. Drug tests must be passed. Conduct must meet certain standards. Repeat this for several years.

There's an incentive there if you look hard enough, and there might also be more pressure to be a team player once the financial risks have been mitigated..

1. The number of 4th quarter bowl "injuries" would be unbelievable.

2. How do you decide who is in the pool? Do you cover everyone that has a chance of being drafted, and leave out the rest? Who decides that? Or is every player considered draft-worthy, thus insured?

1. Criteria would have to be spelled out explicitly. Torn ACL for a running back would be an example. A committee of orthopedists selected ahead of time would check the diagnoses.

2. There's a process for declaring for the draft, and there's official advisement given to the player about his prospects. Getting into the pool would be a process built around that existing process.

#22 2017-12-05 15:20:54 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

admin wrote:

1. Criteria would have to be spelled out explicitly. Torn ACL for a running back would be an example. A committee of orthopedists selected ahead of time would check the diagnoses.

2. There's a process for declaring for the draft, and there's official advisement given to the player about his prospects. Getting into the pool would be a process built around that existing process.

1. It gets even more complicated. Is the criteria for a Leonard Fournett ACL injury the same as an Ito Smith ACL injury?

2. It's just like other insurance pools. The individuals you want in the pool think they are bulletproof, and the individuals you don't want to cover are the ones that want in the pool.

#23 2017-12-05 15:55:00 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Black Diamond Reb (418)

admin wrote:

There's a process for declaring for the draft, and there's official advisement given to the player about his prospects. Getting into the pool would be a process built around that existing process.

I can't imagine this would be ripe for corruption and subject to mismanagement.  roll

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#24 2017-12-05 17:28:58 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

admin (289)
Administrator

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
southern miss slacker wrote:

I hope we wear all yellow with the throwback helmet from 89 when we beat them. how cool would that be.

Cooler than the PockCone saber tooth tiger masks on the Lil Boosie helmets.

Boosie used to eat at the Roasters in Buckhead.

#25 2017-12-05 17:32:15 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

admin (289)
Administrator

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
admin wrote:

There's a process for declaring for the draft, and there's official advisement given to the player about his prospects. Getting into the pool would be a process built around that existing process.

I can't imagine this would be ripe for corruption and subject to mismanagement.  roll

Sure it would. Insurance is rife with that sort of thing and with people looking out for it.

Also, please excuse the delayed response along with any typos, since I'm typing one-handed now. This thread inspired me to saw off my arm in an effort to collect on my AD&D policy.

Seriously, this kind of thing is already being done pretty systematically by Clemson, among others http://www.espn.com/college-football/st … e-policies. All I'm suggesting is that the NCAA get in on it, and make it available to players who lack the wherewithal to buy it themselves, in the interest of arresting the continued slide of bowl season into irrelevance.

#26 2017-12-05 17:38:27 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

Black Diamond Reb (418)

admin wrote:

All I'm suggesting is that the NCAA get in on it in the interest of arresting the continued slide of bowl season into irrelevance.

If you see The Enterprise out there wave at Spock for us.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Liked by:

#27 2017-12-05 17:40:20 - how are ticket sales? are we home or away team? and most importantly..

admin (289)
Administrator

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
admin wrote:

All I'm suggesting is that the NCAA get in on it in the interest of arresting the continued slide of bowl season into irrelevance.

If you see The Enterprise out there wave at Spock for us.

LMAO. Yeah, any statement that's based on the NCAA hypothetically doing anything other than slowly eating its own fishing bait for dinner is probably pretty questionable.

Board footer