CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2017-12-06 09:05:57 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

EagleFWB (176)

Re: NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

TheHeadEagle wrote:

You know, we already had one QB commit this year.   to recruit two qbs when we have 3 on the roster doesn't speak well for our existing QBs.  Our coach obviously doesn't believe any of the QBs on roster are worth a shit.

Actually there are eight QBs on the roster. Although I think the Morton kid from Niceville was brought on as ATH, he was like third string QB in HS. Also, the Russell kid from the same school is on an preferred walk-on scholly and not sure he'll ever see the field. Still that's six which doesn't say much for any of them if we are recruiting more.

Liked by:

#22 2017-12-06 09:28:30 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

southern miss slacker (304)

EagleFWB wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

You know, we already had one QB commit this year.   to recruit two qbs when we have 3 on the roster doesn't speak well for our existing QBs.  Our coach obviously doesn't believe any of the QBs on roster are worth a shit.

Actually there are eight QBs on the roster. Although I think the Morton kid from Niceville was brought on as ATH, he was like third string QB in HS. Also, the Russell kid from the same school is on an preferred walk-on scholly and not sure he'll ever see the field. Still that's six which doesn't say much for any of them if we are recruiting more.

"you can never have enough QB's". Thanks for the info fort walton beach, and welcome to the best USM message board in the electronic universe.

Liked by:

#23 2017-12-06 09:42:23 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

TheHeadEagle wrote:
B&GBU wrote:

Wonder if grades come out before the bowl game?

Those are interesting comments.   Could very well be true.  Hell, I don't even care.  It's painfully obvious neither of these QBs are solid enough to lead us to a championship.

If you're talking about a C-USA championship, I think Griggs was solid enough this year. Aside from whatever time he missed that really was due to an injury, he should have been named starter early in the season after it became clear he was the best option. He could have used the reps & game experience.

Liked by:

#24 2017-12-06 10:09:46 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

Black Diamond Reb (418)

EagleFWB wrote:

I think the Morton kid from Niceville was like third string QB in HS.

Was he All Okaloosa County?

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#25 2017-12-06 10:38:30 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

tg300 (439)

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:
B&GBU wrote:

Wonder if grades come out before the bowl game?

Those are interesting comments.   Could very well be true.  Hell, I don't even care.  It's painfully obvious neither of these QBs are solid enough to lead us to a championship.

If you're talking about a C-USA championship, I think Griggs was solid enough this year. Aside from whatever time he missed that really was due to an injury, he should have been named starter early in the season after it became clear he was the best option. He could have used the reps & game experience.

How do you not question the ability for f this coaching staff when they couldn’t see the clear difference of n Griggs and Howard’s ability to lead this team?

#26 2017-12-06 10:42:25 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

tg300 (439)

EagleFWB wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

About time you showed up.

Liked by:

#27 2017-12-06 10:48:26 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

tg300 (439)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
EagleFWB wrote:

3 times running, 2 times resting.

#28 2017-12-06 10:59:47 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

EagleFWB (176)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
EagleFWB wrote:

I think Hop has some ties to Niceville staff and that's why we're getting several of their picked over players. It is good to see USM recruiting the area again though.

Chase Whitehead came from here as well.

#29 2017-12-06 12:09:47 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

tg300 wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

How do you not question the ability for f this coaching staff when they couldn’t see the clear difference of n Griggs and Howard’s ability to lead this team?

All I was saying is that we had a good enough QB on the roster to win our division and play for a C-USA Championship THIS YEAR. I don't understand your question.

#30 2017-12-06 12:24:43 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

tg300 (439)

tg300 wrote:

All I was saying is that we had a good enough QB on the roster to win our division and play for a C-USA Championship THIS YEAR. I don't understand your question.

Not directed at you. Just a general question. How can they watch all that practice and not see the glaring difference? 

Griggs starts all 12 and we are in the hunt. You are spot on saying we had a QB to get there this year.

#31 2017-12-06 12:25:41 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

southern miss slacker (304)

griggs had 4 bones broke in his hand. why and how nobody understands this is a head shaker. but even more to that fact is, why not one person on all of the boards I have looked at has even bothered to ask the obvious question, "how did he break his hand"? I know the real story about what happened, I wonder if anyone on here knows too.

#32 2017-12-06 12:40:44 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

Black Diamond Reb (418)

We had a good enough QB on the roster to play for a C-USA Championship THIS YEAR.

At home?

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#33 2017-12-06 12:51:42 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

southern miss slacker wrote:

griggs had 4 bones broke in his hand. why and how nobody understands this is a head shaker. but even more to that fact is, why not one person on all of the boards I have looked at has even bothered to ask the obvious question, "how did he break his hand"? I know the real story about what happened, I wonder if anyone on here knows too.

1. "Griggs had 4 broken bones in his hand"  Bullshit. Did the bones partially heal enough for him to play in the 4th quarter, and then regress back to broken repeatedly the next week?  A QB has multiple broken hand bones, but he somehow takes snaps in multiple games, but only late in the games.

2. "How did he break his hand?" That is not the question. Who gives a shit how he broke his hand? The question is was he injured or was he not injured? If you're injured, you don't play. If you're healthy enough to play QB, then you're better than Howard.

Liked by:

#34 2017-12-06 12:51:45 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

If all three were equally in the hunt before the season started as Hop and Dawson stated, why keep utilizing Howard when Griggs was hurt? Keep the redshirt vs gaining solid game experience for Marcelo? That’s the problem I have.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#35 2017-12-06 12:59:22 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

tg300 (439)

1. "Griggs had 4 broken bones in his hand"  Bullshit. Did the bones partially heal enough for him to play in the 4th quarter, and then regress back to broken repeatedly the next week?  A QB has multiple broken hand bones, but he somehow takes snaps in multiple games, but only late in the games.

2. "How did he break his hand?" That is not the question. Who gives a shit how he broke his hand? The question is was he injured or was he not injured? If you're injured, you don't play. If you're healthy enough to play QB, then you're better than Howard.

You are correct.

Was his hand broken before Kentucky?  Nope.

If he is healthy to play in the 4th quarter, he is healthy enough to start.

Don't piss down the team's leg and tell them it is raining.

Poor coaching is poor coaching.

Liked by:

#36 2017-12-06 17:51:53 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

admin (289)
Administrator

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
EagleFWB wrote:

Second best shotgun QB in the Ocala / Switchgrass Tri-Plex, man.

#37 2017-12-14 07:45:14 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

EagleFWB (176)

I saw where Munz tweeted this morning about another QB we have offered. Doesn't make me confident about the development of the ones we already have.

#38 2017-12-14 07:48:34 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

Interesting disclosure / Factoid:  NWCC head coach Benjy Parker was my next door neighbor when we were kids. No kidding.

#39 2017-12-14 07:50:19 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

USMstang (303)

Have you spoken to him in regard to the latest two recruits from his team?

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#40 2017-12-14 08:21:29 - NWCC QB Jack Abraham commits to USM

USMstang wrote:

Have you spoken to him in regard to the latest two recruits from his team?

I haven't spoken to him in years, since he was at Troy.  My younger brother has remained in contact with him over the years.

Board footer