CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-06 18:51:12 - Championship Weekend TV

TheChosenOne (295)

Championship Weekend TV

Championship weekend TV viewership

CUSA. 255k
AAC.    3.4mm

Good news,  CUSA beat Sunbelt by 25k

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college … v-ratings/

#2 2017-12-06 19:02:24 - Championship Weekend TV

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: Championship Weekend TV

The MAC has us more than doubled.

There is no reason we should be playing footsie with FAU and NT. No upside exists.

#3 2017-12-06 19:27:48 - Championship Weekend TV

tg300 (439)

TheChosenOne wrote:

Championship weekend TV viewership

CUSA. 255k
AAC.    3.4mm

Good news,  CUSA beat Sunbelt by 25k

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college … v-ratings/

Raise and extension for Judy.

#4 2017-12-06 19:48:37 - Championship Weekend TV

beagle (173)

Depressing.

I wish some of our super donors (Sciannas or Duffs) would pony up and just buy our way into the AAC. That'd give them 13 teams, so they'd need to add another team to make it 14. Probably would be some east coast team like Army.

I'm sure the existing schools don't want to add 2 more schools, because it means there would be more mouths to feed. But if our billionaire donors drop some serious cash (like 15-20 million dollars) to offset the loss in revenue, they may be OK with that.

I think Connecticut would probably go independent if we were added. There was already some talk about them going indy in football and parking their other sports in the Big East because of the current AAC. If we were added, I believe that would be the final straw for them.

At this point, I'd join the AAC for football only (schools like UConn, Cincy, Wichita State, etc would be disgusted by our basketball) and put the other sports in the Southland.

Rumor had it in 2016 that Tulane was pushing for our inclusion. Maybe they can help us out.

Last edited by beagle (2017-12-06 19:52:15)

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#5 2017-12-06 19:54:58 - Championship Weekend TV

beagle (173)

This would be sick.

East: UCF, USF, ECU, Temple, Navy, Army*, UConn
West: Southern Miss*, Cincinnati, Memphis, Tulane, Houston, SMU, Tulsa

*football-only

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#6 2017-12-06 20:34:32 - Championship Weekend TV

tg300 (439)

beagle wrote:

Depressing.

I wish some of our super donors (Sciannas or Duffs) would pony up and just buy our way into the AAC. That'd give them 13 teams, so they'd need to add another team to make it 14. Probably would be some east coast team like Army.

I'm sure the existing schools don't want to add 2 more schools, because it means there would be more mouths to feed. But if our billionaire donors drop some serious cash (like 15-20 million dollars) to offset the loss in revenue, they may be OK with that.

I think Connecticut would probably go independent if we were added. There was already some talk about them going indy in football and parking their other sports in the Big East because of the current AAC. If we were added, I believe that would be the final straw for them.

At this point, I'd join the AAC for football only (schools like UConn, Cincy, Wichita State, etc would be disgusted by our basketball) and put the other sports in the Southland.

Rumor had it in 2016 that Tulane was pushing for our inclusion. Maybe they can help us out.

Wasn’t that long ago we were competitive with cincy.

#7 2017-12-06 20:38:11 - Championship Weekend TV

beagle (173)

tg300 wrote:
beagle wrote:

Depressing.

Wasn’t that long ago we were competitive with cincy.

Oh yeah. But no way they'd go for our basketball today. Hell, the AAC almost made ECU go football-only because they are so shitty at hoops. They at least have a halfway decent arena that's actually been renovated in the past 50 years though.

Last edited by beagle (2017-12-06 20:40:41)

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Board footer