CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-27 16:51:48 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

Expect Dawson to leave on his own due to salary potential at other programs
Expect Pecoraro to move on as well. Number 17 in the nation in total defense opens up opportunities

With a new O coordinator will be interesting to see how Griggs fits into a new system if he is not the starting QB in 2018.
Have some nice pieces returning on offense. Payne and Parks will be a nice duo to help open the passing game to Korey.
Parker Shaunfield returns as well and should be one of the best in the nation returning in 2018.

Future looks bright with a solid recruiting class coming in.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2017-12-27 18:30:38 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

99beers (303)

Re: Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

Who the fuck would hire Dawson?   Worse play caller and game planner ever.   We need to fire him

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Liked by:

#3 2017-12-27 18:48:46 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

99beers wrote:

Who the fuck would hire Dawson?

2C91EDDB-E821-4F85-AB64-D6467D7E9455.jpeg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#4 2017-12-27 19:08:36 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

99beers wrote:

Who the fuck would hire Dawson?

Probably the guy that hired Norm Joseph as well....
26D41E8C-B612-4860-8944-960FA344B635.jpeg

#5 2017-12-27 19:45:06 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

Found us a new OC for the same price as our current OC......you’re welcome....

B2D2B5DB-E323-4E7C-B1FF-E4E138B37AD7.jpeg

Liked by:

#6 2017-12-27 21:01:31 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

Reggie Favre (83)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Found us a new OC for the same price as our current OC......you’re welcome....

B2D2B5DB-E323-4E7C-B1FF-E4E138B37AD7.jpeg

good one if we could make that work.

#7 2017-12-27 21:18:33 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

Reggie Favre wrote:

The team that lands him won’t be because of money. LSU is on the hook for $1.5 million for the next two seasons. He is one of the top paid assistants in the country. Was a Broyles finalist in 2016. One and done at LSU.

#8 2017-12-27 21:42:11 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

stinkfist (764)

Reggie Favre wrote:

The team that lands him won’t be because of money. LSU is on the hook for $1.5 million for the next two seasons. He is one of the top paid assistants in the country. Was a Broyles finalist in 2016. One and done at LSU.

the lack of patience at lswho is nothing shy of amazing....

ya can't help but laugh at those whiny Rx bitches....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#9 2017-12-27 23:49:24 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

admin (289)
Administrator

stinkfist wrote:

Supposedly Orgeron told Canada to cut out all pre-snap motion before the Troy game. After the Troy game became the Troy loss, Canada tattled on O to the AD. So there's a lot of bad blood there, and I can see why both of them would be bitter.

#10 2017-12-28 00:09:33 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

AndreWhere (1252)

Dawson has a pretty mixed record at USM. To the naked / biased eye, the offensive game plan vs. FSU looked like something he phoned in.

That said, I once again saw evidence of poor conditioning during that game. Defenders were cramping up and sucking for air well before halftime.

I won't necessarily miss Dawson if he goes, but offensive coordinator is not the place where I most want to see a change.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#11 2017-12-28 09:48:39 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

AndreWhere wrote:

Dawson has a pretty mixed record at USM. To the naked / biased eye, the offensive game plan vs. FSU looked like something he phoned in.

That said, I once again saw evidence of poor conditioning during that game. Defenders were cramping up and sucking for air well before halftime.

I won't necessarily miss Dawson if he goes, but offensive coordinator is not the place where I most want to see a change.

Regarding conditioning, factor in the size and speed of the opposition we faced then add the fact that they had the ball for more than 15 additional minutes. I also think we hit harder than I have seen us hit in a long time and that consumes more energy as well. I will give a pass to our strength and conditioning for yesterday.

As far as Dawson, I agree that I prefer to not see change right now if we want to be more efficient next season. Couple of things to consider. I believe a majority of the issues on offense were due to the lack of talent/limitations at qb, including Griggs. Are we in favor of Griggs because he is good or is he just the better of the two options we saw this season? Griggs is decent, but he has challenges learning the defense during the game and expanding his playbook knowledge. Case in point, his first third down of the game yesterday he threw almost lateral with zero chance of a first down. Dawson literally ran 15-20 yards after the play to yell at Griggs and ask him what the hell he was doing. The up the middle third down runs called can be summed up as pick your poison plays. They had so much speed on the outside that our best hope was for Ito to find a gap. We did pass on one third down and lost 3 yards. I don't blame Dawson as much as I can see how much of an advantage they had on short down yardage. Griggs is definitely an athlete but I believe that is the last time you see him starting for USM at qb.
Ito had a banner year in the system Dawson implemented. Talent was definitely on our side in the running game and I had no issues with how our offense opened up enough gaps for Ito to take over. We have Korey coming back so I believe if you find the right pocket passer we can add another dimension to our attack. We might be able to expand our FG range another 5 yards next year as well with Parker back. Incorporate Griggs into the offense in another role. He can still be a part of our success.

This team will reach double digit wins next season. The best accomplishment we achieved yesterday was attendance. We want to avoid reaching 10 wins and playing against the MAC or Sun Belt in the post season. We need to be proactive and meet with the bowls that have decent ties ins now so we are positioned well with Frisco (against AAC) or even Heart of Dallas again. Last thing we want is New Orleans or Bahamas or the Cure Bowl when we reach double digits in 18.

#12 2017-12-28 10:23:36 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

stinkfist (764)

admin wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

Supposedly Orgeron told Canada to cut out all pre-snap motion before the Troy game. After the Troy game became the Troy loss, Canada tattled on O to the AD. So there's a lot of bad blood there, and I can see why both of them would be bitter.

if true, canada should not be an option.....

if one has a problem with job function, you hash it out behind closed doors....

I love pussy......I don't play well with tattling little whiny pussies.....

ref: pg-13

#13 2017-12-28 10:27:28 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

stinkfist wrote:
admin wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

if true, canada should not be an option.....

if one has a problem with job function, you hash it out behind closed doors....

I love pussy......I don't play well with tattling little whiny pussies.....

ref: pg-13

Who knows the truth....chalk it up to a bunch of grown men that wanted to point fingers because they lost to Troy. Maybe one day they will realize Troy was just better than them for 60 minutes....

#14 2017-12-28 10:38:32 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

Black Diamond Reb (418)

This team will reach double digit wins next season.

The window seats are filling up early folks.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#15 2017-12-28 10:43:25 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

stinkfist (764)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

This team will reach double digit wins next season.

The window seats are filling up early folks.

OrganicRichAustraliankestrel-max-1mb.gif

#16 2017-12-28 13:18:51 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

Gilbert’s To Do List for the next 30 Days:

Schedule and Market a State of the Program Meeting in Pensacola for alumni and supporters on March 3. Coincides with our baseball game against The Ohio State. Agenda focuses on athletic vision for next 5 and 10 years.

MOVE THE SPRING GAME!!!!!! Find a location not MM Roberts and make it a weekend event. New Orleans, Dallas, Atlanta, Birmingham, etc..... just find a place then rotate it for future seasons.

Hold an end of season football press conference and stream it. What is working, what needs to improve, what goals do you have that can be measured before your state of the program meeting....

Just do something, Gilbert! Show some damn value for the 350K you are stealing!

Liked by:

#17 2017-12-28 13:24:55 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

admin (289)
Administrator

I want to see a plan for fixing the MM Roberts sound system and a plan for fixing parking at football games

#18 2017-12-28 13:30:43 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

I want to know what funds are allocated for stadium improvements.....what’s the deal with CUSA and streaming......how much did those video boards cost.......how is he going to improve attendance....

I don’t want one more friggin release about diversity.....let the school hire someone to handle that so he can focus on what we paid him to do...

We need full transparency with Gilbert starting January 1. They need a monthly report that goes out to the financial supporters that shows how much time he spent on whatever it is he does each month. His expenses need to be disclosed as well. Does he even put in 40 hours a week or is he just coming and going as he pleases with zero accountability? If he is accountable, I want to know what those requirements are and how he is measured. Lets see how he operates in 2018 when he is required to be accountable and can no longer hide under the, "Im evaluating BS umbrella".

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2017-12-28 13:38:47)

#19 2017-12-28 15:48:28 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

beagle (173)

Moving the spring game is a terrible idea. That might work for schools with big-time fanbases that have large alumni bases in a big city. That would not work for Southern Miss. We don't have many fans and the vast majority of them live within an hour radius of Hattiesburg.

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#20 2017-12-28 20:16:30 - Offseason Changes for Southern Miss

USMstang (303)

For Bennett or Gilbert to be accountable or have a plan, they would first have to understand how to properly do their respective jobs.  Neither of them know.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

Board footer