CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-31 21:39:47 - 2018

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Thanks to Dunwoody for giving eagles old and new a landing spot to banter the past, present and future of Southern Miss athletics. Agree, disagree or just a place to vent we all share the hope that one day we will once again see the best in all of our teams.

"Let our New Year's resolution be this: we will be there for one another  as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word." - Goran Persson

I wish all you a happy and successful new year and may 2018 be your best year yet.

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2017-12-31 21:40:51)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2017-12-31 22:26:16 - 2018

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: 2018

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Thanks to Dunwoody for giving eagles old and new a landing spot to banter the past, present and future of Southern Miss athletics. Agree, disagree or just a place to vent we all share the hope that one day we will once again see the best in all of our teams.

"Let our New Year's resolution be this: we will be there for one another  as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word." - Goran Persson

I wish all you a happy and successful new year and may 2018 be your best year yet.

You're welcome!

#3 2017-12-31 22:39:18 - 2018

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: 2018

May God bless everyone here in 2018.

There are many things I wish for in the new year, and I'll share one of them: I wish we could all step outside of the little cliques we've shoved ourselves into, and just be men.

If you're a hipster, try being less hip. If you're a redneck, try being less of a redneck.

If you're that person who floods Facebook with pro-Trump posts, or anti-Trump posts, throw away your preconceived notions and try to walk a mile in the other side's shoes.

If you're cynical about USM, try to understand the people who look for the positive in victories over Blue Mountain or whatever.

Conversely, if you're one of those people who blindly laps up every single sop thrown at us by the athletic department, as if NIT championship games were world wars, think about why some of us might not accept that.

We don't have to look down on anyone who isn't like us. We're called to something higher.

I'll leave it at that. Again, God bless everyone reading this.

Board footer