CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-05 21:39:27 - Dan Disch

beagle (173)

Dan Disch

Taking a HC job in Germany. Weird. However, he does have some history coaching over in Europe.

https://www.americanfootballinternation … ead-coach/

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#2 2018-01-06 07:19:46 - Dan Disch

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Dan Disch

That's a strange development.

I'm not great at reading German, but it seems that Disch was previously head coach for Kiel. He hired a guy named Marcus Herford as OC. Then Disch left and Herford was head coach for a couple of seasons. They recently fired Herford and are now bringing back Disch to replace him.

On the surface it seems like a demotion for Disch. In the week before the Independence Bowl, FSU fans were speculating he'd be their new DC.

Let us now engage in wild speculation about what the hell happened...

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-01-06 18:11:07 - Dan Disch

EagleFWB (176)

I thought the FSU rumor was our DC going as their LB coach, or something like that?

I like Disch and their was no doubt he improved Fedora when he was DC. I hate to see him go.

I don't think he was HC in Germany before. I think he was like their DC or LB coach. If he liked living over there and has a chance to get HC experience, then you can't blame him for going. Maybe he can come back one day as a USM HC candidate.

#4 2018-01-06 21:18:08 - Dan Disch

AndreWhere (1252)

EagleFWB wrote:

I don't think he was HC in Germany before. I think he was like their DC or LB coach. If he liked living over there and has a chance to get HC experience, then you can't blame him for going. Maybe he can come back one day as a USM HC candidate.

I saw conflicting information on that. He was definitely hired as a defensive assistant, and that's how he's described in his USM bio. I think he may have been slated to be the head coach at one point, but left before he ever coached a game in that capacity.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Liked by:

#5 2018-01-06 22:15:47 - Dan Disch

EagleFWB (176)

Back when he was DC under Fedora I saw him at the bar at mugshots one night after a game... I remember thinking Hell yeah, I like this guy, he gets it.

Liked by:

Board footer