CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-15 17:03:42 - Question for the local UFOlogists and Sasquatch hunters

AndreWhere (1252)

Question for the local UFOlogists and Sasquatch hunters

Is there any positive financial impact to be gained by USM from 1) the fact that CUSA played in 9 bowl games or 2) USM's strong attendance at the Independence bowl? I'm guessing there is not, and it's another example of the "conference" being a drag on USM.

I know that bowl participants don't always turn a profit. If a majority of the people on the USM side of Independence Stadium bought their tickets from USM, though, it's hard for me to imagine the game didn't cover expenses and then some.

The other 8 games, other than FAU's de facto extra home game, seem like money-losers.

So USM did well, but I suspect that CUSA (since it's totally a real conference with exit fees and a commissioner and all) pools bowl money and shares it among all conference schools. Any of that $1,200,00+ Independence Bowl per-team payout that was actually realized will likely get sliced into oblivion and divvied up. USM will see a bonus in the five figure or maybe low six-figure range.

Does anyone know better? Shouldn't this sort of thing be more visible to us?

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer