CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-16 19:16:57 - Interesting article on NAIA guarantee basketball games

beagle (173)

Interesting article on NAIA guarantee basketball games

We’ve played quite a few NAIA games over the years in hoops. Wonder how many of those schools we have played are even credible universities.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/c … tball-team

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#2 2018-01-16 20:19:50 - Interesting article on NAIA guarantee basketball games

USMstang (303)

Re: Interesting article on NAIA guarantee basketball games

Crazy ass stuff right there.  I never considered any of that.  So the sanctioning bodies themselves are kind of unsanctioned!

Kinda like the 2 major political parties...they are the ones who vet the candidates on qualifications.  Like citizenship, age, etc.  Fox enter hen-house.

All the while, some preacher is now a coach and college president AND makes money for the school.  Yet our high-paid administrators can't cum in a circle jerk contest much less figure out a way to fix some speakers.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#3 2018-02-08 20:38:57 - Interesting article on NAIA guarantee basketball games

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Interesting article on NAIA guarantee basketball games

Another interesting little football niche is post-graduate amateur football. Places like Fork Union Military Academy run teams that fall into a gray area between high school and college, with rosters filled by young men trying to build their resume and get a D-I scholarship offer.

It's difficult getting a handle on how good these teams are. Fork Union played a motley group of other prep schools, D-III school JV squads, and even a Canadian national team this season, and went 8-1. It's hard to know how good a team like the Wagner College JV team is, but the FUMA post-grads did rout them.

The Delaware Gamecocks, one of Fork Union's opponents, are an even stranger entity. Like the Fork Union post-graduate team, they cater to players trying to build a resume for D-I football. They're not the football team of Delaware Technical Community College, but their players are required to take classes there. I guess that exploits some sort of eligibility loophole?

Anyhow, I guess football dreams die hard...

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-02-08 20:39:27)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer