CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-22 15:39:41 - (Relatively) cheap and easy fixes

AndreWhere (1252)

(Relatively) cheap and easy fixes

Seeing the Reed Green video installation pictures got me thinking. Throw out McGillis's scale model, the AAC bid dream, the FBS Independent dream, etc., and what are some legitimate possibilities that remain?

Here's my list. Some of them may be in the same category are McGillis's arena... I'm sure you'll let me know if that's the case.

1) Fix football parking. Parallel parking along US 49 is an accident waiting to happen, and the townies won't be forgiving if that happens. I wonder how many vehicles would fit on that new Polyturf band practice field. I also wonder what in the hell is going on in the old Feel 'Em Arms area that's so damned important that we can't park there.

2) Fix the sound system in M.M. Roberts. Don't outsource it to some expensive vendor, find faculty or staff who know speakers and get their asses to Radio Shack. The difference in cost between a new set of Cerwin-Vegas and a new capacitor or coil is huge.

3) Improve the cosmetics at M.M. Roberts. My philosophy here is similar to #2 above. Pretend mother in law is visiting and shove shit under the metaphorical couch. I swear, it's as if no one in the department has ever seen a paint brush or a broom.

4) Re-emphasize the "Southern Miss" wordmark. The new eagle's head logo is not distinctive or attractive enough to catch on. The "Southern Miss" wordmark needs to be on at least one side of the helmet- and not the stupid new version with the clipped corners. Clipping those corners was asinine.

5) Start some kind of fundraising drive. The "All In" fiasco was a perfect example of how not to do this. Let's see the version of that that wasn't cooked up after one too many bong hits. Set reasonable goals and tell us where the money's going. I'd give to a damned "fix stall #4 in the Northeast upper deck bathroom" campaign at this point.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2017-12-22 15:58:09 - (Relatively) cheap and easy fixes

B&GBU (259)

Re: (Relatively) cheap and easy fixes

Always thought if there was a way to paint or replace that dingy green ceiling surface it'd make a huge difference. It may be plastic holding up insulation, so could be a larger job than it would seem, but nonetheless.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#3 2017-12-22 16:15:04 - (Relatively) cheap and easy fixes

AndreWhere (1252)

B&GBU wrote:

Always thought if there was a way to paint or replace that dingy green ceiling surface it'd make a huge difference. It may be plastic holding up insulation, so could be a larger job than it would seem, but nonetheless.

There is always an excuse, if you look for one.

There is often an answer, if you look for one.

#Woke

#4 2018-02-16 17:01:46 - (Relatively) cheap and easy fixes

AndreWhere (1252)

Another one: reign in the pep band at basketball games. I think this is probably a volunteer thing, and student-led, but that does not equate to, "do whatever you want." If you're trying to hit the Eb above the staff for the first time or whatever, do it in a soundproof booth somewhere, not at a basketball game.

Board footer